• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline |OT| Battlefield FIVE-O

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Buddy of mine has a knack for sniping pilots out of helicopters at decent ranges. He's got quite a few clips (20-30+) of doing it, most at ranges of 150m+.

I decided to set my mind to it and have two in the last week. Neither was from a range further than probably 25-50m, but it's something. Really gratifying feeling.

So true ive only sniped pilots out in BFH like 5 times.
Ive had some insane luck with Battlerifles versus Helicopter pilots
But i have managed to minigun multiple pilots out of their choppers during chopper dogfights.

One of my best kills was pilot knocked out, then gunner takes over.....he gets killed shortly after, my gunner jumps out steals the other chopper and now we run Dust Bowl.

tw1164

Buddy of mine has a knack for sniping pilots out of helicopters at decent ranges. He's got quite a few clips (20-30+) of doing it, most at ranges of 150m+.

I decided to set my mind to it and have two in the last week. Neither was from a range further than probably 25-50m, but it's something. Really gratifying feeling.

I honestly didn't think that was possible. I'm REALLY REALLY bad w/ a sniper riffle though. I do enjoy shooting choppers down w/ stingers though. It's annoying it takes two missiles, but so be it.

I honestly didn't think that was possible. I'm REALLY REALLY bad w/ a sniper riffle though. I do enjoy shooting choppers down w/ stingers though. It's annoying it takes two missiles, but so be it.

Some of the stuff my buddy pulls is insane. Like 400 meters away from a helicopter flying around on Dust Bowl. Helicopter isn't even stationary and he gets it.

Like just last night we were all sniping together on Downtown, and they have an attack heli flying by doing strafing runs. All four of us are shooting it with our rifles (another buddy has a battle rifle) and we keep pelting the helicopter itself, it's smoking, whatever, it does one last run as a dive about as fast as it can go and my friend snipes the pilot out no problem. Insanity.

Stingers are fun but the flares/smoke are pretty annoying. Especially when pilots just go and turtle in a corner for a while until their flares come back, then launch them and go hide again. Rinse and repeat until the stinger is out of ammunition and they figure out where the shooter is.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Block is still the biggest pile of shit I have the displeasure of playing. It's so trash for heists.

Black_Stride

The Block is still the biggest pile of shit I have the displeasure of playing. It's so trash for heists.

Dont be weak you peasant!
I want Conquest Large on The Block.

But seriously The Block for Heist and Blood Money is a joke.
Everytime i play it, win or lose i just feel dirty......if the other team is unlucky enough to get "blocked" just sit tight and wait for the next map.

The Block should have been for Rescue and Crosshair only.

tw1164

On the Derailed map, is there a way to get to the top of the rail bridge w/o a chopper after the bridge collapses? Can you do it w/ grappling hooks?

On the Derailed map, is there a way to get to the top of the rail bridge w/o a chopper after the bridge collapses? Can you do it w/ grappling hooks?

Hmmm, I would like to know this too

Also, no ETA for the next patch, looks like DLC is round the corner.

The Rep system has received an overhaul. The Tiers are greatly reduced in cost (esp. T4, which went from 11k to 6k) and easier to obtain during a match. The trees also got some massaging to make them more interesting and better, and this was changed based on Battlelog user feedback (thanks for the input!). In addition, we've added the ability to Pre-Select your Rep perks so that what you want is automatically applied once you earn it.

We're working on bringing you faster tick rate servers. Our engineers have implemented changes and they've been successfully tested in the CTE for BF4. We hope this will be the first thing tested in the BFH CTE, and pushed into the full game once we know it's effective and working right. These plus some other fixes could greatly improve the experience for players who have had issues with latency or connection.

We've got Universal Soldier Aiming and ADS sensitivity sliders implemented for the next patch. Now you'll be able to set this up how you like.

The Deployable Camera has seen massive improvements to its functionality. Now camera spots take priority over active or passive spotting, making them much more reliable. In addition, each camera shares a larger pool of raycasts, improving the number of targets they can spot while not impacting performance negatively.

We're fixing the Ballistic Shield coins by changing the scoring events. Instead of 1 point per bullet (really? bad designer, no cookie), you'll get multiple points per bullet, making these assignments and coins easier to achieve.

We're working on getting details for Expansion Pack 1 Criminal Activity together. The pack has shaped up nicely, all 4 maps are playing great and give new variety to the gameplay. There are some night maps. There's other cool stuff in there too, like new Masks, but I won't spoil it all before the announcement. :)

I wonder if any Visceral folks check out this thread?

Tubie

Yea that DLC can't come soon enough, I just hope all 4 maps support Hotwire.

It sucks so much that the game came out with only 5 Hotwire maps.

Chabbles

these expansions need to come sooner.

Agreed. im just about ready to trade this in, haven't touched it in afew weeks now. Im finding the novelty of BF games wearing off quicker than ever with each installment. The amount of time i spent in BF3 was crazy, but i put less than half that into BF4, and a fraction of that in Hardline before getting bored.

Finished the campaign today and I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. It reminded me of the humor in BC games (RIP), but that ending tho :|

7.5/10

Everdred

Agreed. im just about ready to trade this in, haven't touched it in afew weeks now. Im finding the novelty of BF games wearing off quicker than ever with each installment. The amount of time i spent in BF3 was crazy, but i put less than half that into BF4, and a fraction of that in Hardline before getting bored.
No surprise, they are practically all the same. I purchased premium right off the bat and I'm just waiting for new maps to jump back in. I platinum the game the 2nd week and haven't played since.

So ive got the game on PS4 and Xbone now. And the PS4 Version feels very different to me in terms of Hit Detection. Im getting killed a lot by only one bullet or around corners. Nothing like this happens on the Xbone.

superjona

Wow, this game really surprised me in its presentation. It feels just like a tv series. The Netflix-esque loading screen at the end of each episode is really nicely done.

I got the Xbox 360 version for free from a friend and even though I've been consistently enjoying it on PC since launch (and I stopped playing the Xbox One version), I think the Xbox 360 version has been the most fun I have had with the game.

The 24 player count isn't the hinderance it was in Battlefield 3 and 4, it works so well with the fast gameplay approach so instead of being chaotic, it feels like a more organized experience. Visuals are on par with Battlefield 4 on 360 and I haven't seen a single crash or freeze after about 12 hours so all things considered, I think I'm going to stick with this!

Black_Stride

Every time I tried Team Setup was greyed out, and there wasn't an option in the loadout menu.

When you go to team setup up Leave squad is an option when you highlight your squad. A on Xbox One.
I do this all the time when my squad is being useless.

Team switch will only be available if 1 server allows and if swapping teams wont unbalance them. You cant do this while deployed obviously.

When you go to team setup up Leave squad is an option when you highlight your squad. A on Xbox One.

Team switch will only be available if 1 server allows and if swapping teams wont unbalance them. You cant do this while deployed obviously.

Yeah, I know. The problem is that Team Setup has been greyed out every time I've attempted to switch squads, so I can't access those options.

brennok

Neo Member
Every time I tried Team Setup was greyed out, and there wasn't an option in the loadout menu.

Yeah, I know. The problem is that Team Setup has been greyed out every time I've attempted to switch squads, so I can't access those options.

Visceral decided you could only do it while you were alive and in game. Wait until you deploy and then switch. You can't do it when you are dead.

psn

Visceral decided you could only do it while you were alive and in game. Wait until you deploy and then switch. You can't do it when you are dead.
On PC you can. There is a tab called "Team" when you are dead.
Arent you able to do it from there?
maxresdefault.jpg

Black_Stride

This cant be right.
What platform are you playing on.

On XB1 i cant change team when i am alive, heck the team switch option isnt available when you are alive.
My buddies play on PC and they change from the deploy screen.
None of my friends have Hardline on PS4

As for squad changing, that can be done while in the deploy screen or in game.
Just got to team setup if alive.
Go to the Team tab of the deploy screen if you are dead.

Highlighting your squad will let you leave it, clicking the analogue stick will let you switch teams.
Were you dead when you tried to access the team setup page?
Cuz if you were dead then you have to use the Team Tab.
I guess they figured having Team Setup in the menu, when it would simply bring you back to the team setup tabe labelled "TEAM" in the deploy menu was pointless.

If you are dead use the TEAM tab, if you are alive you Team Setup.

Tubie

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/news/view/bf-hardline-criminal-activity/

The goods in Battlefield Hardline: Criminal Activity.

Four fast-paced new maps – Backwoods, Code Blue, The Beat and Black Friday
Two new rides
Two new ammunition types for specific weapons
A new gadget
Three new weapons
A nailgun battlepickup
New Bounty Hunter game mode
Six new masks: two animal masks, and four new police headgear options

Wonder what the new vehicles are.

And I totally read the nailgun as a railgun first time I read that.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
There is a event now with 100%xp.

I see in a match in the xbox one version one person with a dog mask.How do you put/unlocks this?

Tubie

As a Battlefield Hardline Premium member, you can look forward to four Super Features, designed to make the gaming experience richer and more personalized. The four features are:

Masks – New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.
Gun Bench – Provides players with the ability to visually customize their weapons and track their kills per weapon.
Competitive Play – Support for competitive play through Battlefield Hardline Premium-access only tournaments and ladders.
Legendary Status – Provides replayability of the entire progression system.

This is something that has been bothering me for a while. I got Premium because of those features listed there, but so far it seems like a ripoff.

Stuff like the prestige system is something that should've been in the game at launch, right now I'm 2+ million over the level cap, which all would've gone into prestige if it was actually in the game.

The gun bench and the competitive play were things I was actually looking forward to and I assumed when I bought Premium that they would be ready for launch or very close to it.

Right now its been over 2 months since the game came out and looking at the details for the first DLC it seems none of these features will be coming with it. That's what really worries me, that none of these things will come out till maybe this Fall, but by then all of the year end big games will be coming out, including Battlefront.

/endrant

There is a event now with 100%xp.

I see in a match in the xbox one version one person with a dog mask.How do you put/unlocks this?

There's an assignment for ending a match with over 10m dollars in your wallet, when you complete that you can use a Wolf mask (criminals) or a T-Rex mask (cops), keep in mind the masks take up a gadget slot on your loadout.

Just bought this for 360. The mandatory install said my external drive isn't acceptable (the fuck?) and I need an internal xbox hard drive. Is there a fix for this, or even one coming down the line? Otherwise I have to return this shit.

Just bought this for 360. The mandatory install said my external drive isn't acceptable (the fuck?) and I need an internal xbox hard drive. Is there a fix for this, or even one coming down the line? Otherwise I have to return this shit.

Since BF3 the 360 has required an internal HDD.

Top Bottom