• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop presents: The 2014 Hip-Hop Awards | The Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

C2TVwXJ.png

vMpZ4Pr.png

h8BBYsh.jpg

Run the Jewels (Killer Mike & El-P)

n8Ilokl.png

48xBodC.jpg

Mike-Will Made It

J9Hlmzs.png

8Rm1fM5.png

Isaiah Rashad

mjtIgg9.png

AbVPgJh.jpg

Young Thug

IMGr3p1.png

tqKRQdh.png

Azealia Banks

YwDkmaQ.png

J97WiKz.png

TDE

IH57dGE.png

5AxYOdY.png

Run the Jewels - Oh My Darling Don't Cry

Runner Ups (in order):

Vince Staples - Nate
Action Bronson - Easy Rider
Run The Jewels - Close Your Eyes (And Count To Fuck)
Young Thug, Freddie Gibbs, A$AP Ferg - Old English
OG Maco - U Guessed It
Freddie Gibbs - Deeper
Drake - 0 to 100
Black Milk - Everyday Was
T.I. - About the Money Ft Young Thug
Big Sean - IDFWU

YwWb3j7.png

OQpodiQ.png

Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2 80 points

Runner Ups (in order):

Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Piñata 74 points
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo 32 points
Black Milk - If There's a Hell Below 31 points
Travis Scott - Days Before Rodeo 28 points
Ratking - So It Goes 25 points
Shabazz Palaces - Les Majesty 24 points
Mick Jenkins - The Water 19 points
Sir Michael Rocks - Banco 18 points
J.Cole - 2014 Forest Hills Drive 15 points
Schoolboy Q - Oxymoron 15 points

CRS

The RTJ sweep.

Thank you to everyone that voted. See you all next year.

I'll post the raw numbers later tonight or tomorrow.

Hip Hop

I agree with Mike Will being producer of the year.
I had Metro Boomin, but Mike ain't a bad choice.

Cheddahz

Banned
honestly surprised to see ratking and sir michael rocks as a runner ups for album of the year (they deserve their spots there though)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
List is pretty much exactly what I would have expected. It's alright...but I'd say it highlights how underwhelming the year was relatively speaking. At least from my perspective. I didn't feel passionate enough about any particular hip hop project to bother voting.

Only glaring omission is Rich Gang imo.

HiResDes

List is pretty much exactly what I would have expected. It's alright...but I'd say it highlights how underwhelming the year was relatively speaking. At least from my perspective. I didn't feel passionate enough about any particular hip hop project to bother voting.

Rich Gang is too homogeneous to be replayable in my opinion. Not very good really considering the Solo work of the members involved.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

going-on-my-list94zax.gif

DominoKid

agreed. at least Thugger got features of the year.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Rich Gang is too homogeneous to be replayable in my opinion. Not very good really considering the Solo work of the members involved.

Well I'm going to love anything that features that much Quan and Thugger. I felt like it was loaded with a lot of heat and nice melodic hooks. Man of the Year might edge it out but otherwise it was the best project to come from either of those guys imo, by far for Thug. It had a polish to it that's been missing from all those other mixtapes. But I can see where you're coming from. It's repetitive enough that I only really keep a handful of it's tracks in my rotation rather than replaying the full thing.

ya'll really chose mike will for producer of the year?

woat tastes on gaf smh

Have you heard Ransom? Also, those Rae Srummund (sp) bangers wouldn't exist without him.

Remark

Banned
Well I'm going to love anything that features that much Quan and Thugger. I felt like it was loaded with a lot of heat and nice melodic hooks. Man of the Year might edge it out but otherwise it was the best project to come from either of those guys imo, by far for Thug. It had a polish to it that's been missing from all those other mixtapes. But I can see where you're coming from. It's repetitive enough that I only really keep a handful of it's tracks in my rotation rather than replaying the full thing.

Have you heard Ransom? Also, those Rae Srummund (sp) bangers wouldn't exist without him.
I did hear ransom and I could give a fuck less about SreemLife. His prod basic af. Rather hear Zaytoven beats smh

Cerity

nice to see rashad getting some love. Hopefully dude picks it up this year, after he released his album last year he did jack in terms of presence outside his touring.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Absolutely SHOCKED Oxymoron made the list, after how much shit was talked about it.

injurai

Banned
it's a grower, not a shower.

H&C was a grower.
Oxy was a bunch of great singles. A few inoffensive but ultimately padding for the album. then a bunch of downers that killed any semblance that it could have had as an album experience.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Some notes on the results:

Artist of the Year
RTJ? What? Did you only listen to the RTJ album this year? Even that album didn't shut shit down or anything. Combine the features both members did this year together and I still don't get what would warrant them being AotY unless you're giving Killer Mike props for going on CNN and talking about Ferguson.

Producer of the Year
I was initially gonna vote for Mike WiLL too, but changed my vote to Metro Boomin' because I thought for a new producer he showed a ton of variety and did so working with a variety of artists too so I wanted to show love.

But I figured this would go to someone like Mustard, who's been topping charts all year, smash after smash after smash. Didn't he have more charting hits last year than there were actual weeks in the year? He's even tested himself through showing diversity on stuff like 10 Summers. Mustard ran shit last year, and he did it with every consecutive hit being as infectious as the last. Not only that but the biggest single of the year jacked his style too.

Rookie of the Year
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Should've been Thug. No debating. Even the notion of Isaiah Rashad being some sort of exceptional or notable rookie in the face of Thug is perplexing. Then again, Rashad votes kind of fit into the AotY list which is super boom bap leaning.

CRS

Raw data

Here you can see who got snubbed from the Top 10 albums and songs, the close Rookie of the Year race, and anything else you might want to see.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom