• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of 2 Pics Per Post AND READ THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
dxhr5_win72011-07-16018uop.jpg

dxhr5_win72011-07-1602jnlg.jpg

Well, after getting to Detroit this game became validated for me.

I think other than the jaggies the biggest complaint I have is that anything in a shadow does not cast a shadow
emot-psypop.gif

mrtapout1

Banned
I played it on DX11 with everything on max inc tesslation but found that DX9 looks sharper, runs double the framerate, and has better lighting in some cases. Odd.

mandiller

The game is Crysis 2 obviously. I just upgraded my computer from an old Core 2 Duo and 8800GT to an i5 2500k @ 4.0Ghz with GTX 570. I was pleasantly surprised but I could run the game on Ultra settings with DX11 with a stable 40 fps. It looks fantastic in motion.

b2UCf.jpg

QwtN0.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Every time I see a Deus Ex screenshot I get depressed. It's so ugly.

One of the latest trailers I saw made the game looks half decent, those pictures above ( which I assume is from that leak build or w/e ) just make it look like trash. I don't think the game is going to be a visual masterpiece but it will surely be better than whatever THAT is.

Edit : no offence to you who took the screens at all, obviously.

Corky said:
One of the latest trailers I saw made the game looks half decent, those pictures above ( which I assume is from that leak build or w/e ) just make it look like trash. I don't think the game is going to be a visual masterpiece but it will surely be better than whatever THAT is.
Those are especially ugly screenshots, but even better ones posted in this thread are nowhere near the visual fidelty I was hoping for.

I mean, if it nails the Deus Ex feel then who gives a shit, but still, the bullshots and concept art looked so nice that I feel really sad the game will probably look like what we're seeing now.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Foliorum Viridum said:
Those are especially ugly screenshots, but even better ones posted in this thread are nowhere near the visual fidelty I was hoping for.

I mean, if it nails the Deus Ex feel then who gives a shit, but still, the bullshots and concept art looked so nice that I feel really sad the game will probably look like what we're seeing now.

do you realize that it's an unfinished build with shadows off, right?

Gvaz

Banned
subversus said:
do you realize that it's an unfinished build with shadows off, right?
There's actual shadows they're just broken. Objects that should project shadows don't if they're in the shadow of another object which is just....anyways like you say it's an unfinished build.

Also what earlier images? those are at the max in game settings @ 1920x1200. I can't force anything like more AA because it simply doesn't work and fucks up the GUI. Also I don't have a DX11 card, just DX10.1

I get like 60fps all the time on my Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.2ghz, 8gb ddr2, and a 1GB4890. Every now and then it dips (usually when loading) but 95% of the time it's smooth as butter.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gvaz said:
There's actual shadows they're just broken. Objects that should project shadows don't if they're in the shadow of another object which is just....anyways like you say it's an unfinished build.

Also what earlier images? those are at the max in game settings @ 1920x1200. I can't force anything like more AA because it simply doesn't work and fucks up the GUI. Also I don't have a DX11 card, just DX10.1

I get like 60fps all the time on my Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.2ghz, 8gb ddr2, and a 1GB4890. Every now and then it dips (usually when loading) but 95% of the time it's smooth as butter.
Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4006227&postcount=635

dejan

Vastag said:
That looks interesting. How is the game?
I love it, it's basically Panzer General. Are you familiar with the SSI's General series? Lot's of content for 40$: five single player campaigns (screenshots are from the tutorial campaign), scenarios, multiplayer and an editor.

Dakota47

dejan said:
Look at them glorious hexes GAF! Look at them!

Panzer Corps:
http://h3.abload.de/img/dwm2011-07-1600-42-17-ne47.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/dwm2011-07-1602-08-03-w768.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is it worth the 40 bucks. I am really in the mood for a TBS game like that but the price seems a bit steep imo.

StuBurns

Banned
The Crimson Kid said:
If it were the final version, a definitive statement like that might make sense. As it stands now, you just look silly.
I'm aware of it's age, however it looked equally bad a year ago, so I'll be surprised if anything is radically improved when it ships, and I disagree that opinion is at all silly.

Deadbeat

Banned
The Crimson Kid said:
If it were the final version, a definitive statement like that might make sense. As it stands now, you just look silly.
Because all the models and textures in the entire game are just place holders, right? That build was in April. All footage shown recently hasnt looked anywhere better.

domlolz

Banned
The Crimson Kid said:

aye that and the game has a definite style to it that more than makes up for it's (supposed) lack of fidelity

dejan

Dakota47 said:
Is it worth the 40 bucks. I am really in the mood for a TBS game like that but the price seems a bit steep imo.
I actually paid $30. Use the voucher code GSPZC to get 25% off. It was totally worth it for me. Panzer Corps and The Witcher 2 are in fact the only games I've spend >=30$ this year.

NBtoaster

Gvaz said:

That's what SSAO is for, which you say is currently broken.

You wont get actual dynamic shadows cast while under another dynamic shadow, I don't know of any game that does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom