• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Barcelona vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoFever

4Frfo.jpg

Believe

Rad-

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Was talking about Barça, although I notice now it could mislead someone I was talking about both lol

EDIT: Chart stolen from Marca showing just how good both teams have been in Champions in the last 20 years:
PH8DC.png

Blue/top is Barça, Red/bottom is Manchester. Labels in spanish (Champion, Finalist, Semifinalist, 1/4, 1/8, Previous phase).

Pretty impressive.

Last 4 seasons or so for both teams... damn.

WJD

ITV or Sky Sports then? I think I'm going to watch the build up on Sky and then watch the game on ITV at the pub.

Tyldsley > Tyler

Sleepy

Kylehimself said:
barca-av.png

Got to go with Barca. I know we've had dodgy run ins with them in the past. But rather them than the dirt birds.

I would rather have a EPL team win it. Even if it is "old bacon face and the scummers," as you have previously stated. :)

clemenx

Banned
I seriously had forgotten that this was today :/ the shitty semifinals overall put me off. Plus, I guess I'm not used to it being on a Saturday.
I hope Man U wins but I expect this to be very boring.

WJD said:
ITV or Sky Sports then? I think I'm going to watch the build up on Sky and then watch the game on ITV at the pub.

Tyldsley > Tyler

"A base camp for the last, final assault ... Can Manchester United score? They always score ..."

It's become tiring to listen to Tyldesley wax lyrical about that night in Barcelona every other United game he calls, but he certainly beat out Tyler that night in the commentating stakes.

Shit is on.

I don't think we'll win. Just as long as we put in a good performance I'll be content enough. Looking at Barca's back four, I'll be pissed if we don't cause them some problems.

Salazar

Reporting in as a United fan who thinks we'll do em.

Now a nap. I will awake to that insufferably fucking pompous anthem, and then glory.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it already obvious Man U's got this?

iNvid02

been playing fifa 11 team play simming the match. barca seems to be winning most games (but that might be because im always barca and im pretty good :p).
last game was close, 1-1 until villa got a 90min tap in

Keio

For a Finer World
0,75 Bottle of Estrella Damm special, check.

Barca flag, check.

Really looking forward to the game.

And for the new page, please stop with the diving pussy cunt crap. Both are great football teams with strong tradition and some embarrassing moments. No need to dwell on it.

Are people hearing the rumours that Fletcher will start ahead of Hernandez?

I would be pissed off if United go that defensive again in the final. Having said that I don't see Carrick, Giggs and Park being able to cope with Iniesta, Xavi and Sergio B. Not without Rooney spending the majority of his time in that midfield anyway.

Bungieware said:
Are people hearing the rumours that Fletcher will start ahead of Hernandez?

I would be pissed off if United go that defensive again in the final. Having said that I don't see Carrick, Giggs and Park being able to cope with Iniesta, Xavi and Sergio B. Not without Rooney spending the majority of his time in that midfield anyway.

Certainly wouldn't shock me.

Lakitu said:
Come on Barcelona. As a Liverpool fan, the thought of Man Utd winning another Champions League hurts me deeply.

You should be more worried about Liverpool doing something in the EPL ever.

As a United fan, I am ready for any result. United's main concern will be the right hand flank with Fabio starting.

It's been a great season, the trophy's back with us. Can't ask for more.

Got my free keg of Beer chilling in the fridge ( thanks sky ) in preparation for the match. Think it will be a close one, 1-1 after 90 mins then it will be down to the lottery of pens.

I've also heard the rumour of Fletcher starting and Hernandez on the bench. 5 man midfield for united by the looks of it.

Tijnisch

Neo Member
Manchester United 5-4 ahead in the penalty shootout, Iniesta's task to keep Barca in the running...
however, Van der Sar makes him wait at the penalty spot, just to get on his nerves.
He sees Iniesta looking at a certain corner and he knows that's where the Spaniard is going to hit it.
So the guy steps up, takes the shot, but with a swanlike dive the 40 year old keeper catches the ball in mid-air
Edwin hits the ground, ball stuck between his hands. Beaming with pride.
This was his last safe ever. One single tear is captured on camera as half of us cheer.
Van der Sar says goodbye.

You've heard it here first!

Askani

Bleh...my parents are in town today because they like, miss me and the kids or something.

So now I have to spend time with them. Which means I don't think I'll be able to watch the game today. Lame.

Stupid parents.

"Sports bar for lunch? Oh look, the Championships just happens to be on? Well I'll be damned!"

No one here ever wants to watch games with me. :(

Sleepy

Askani said:
No one here ever wants to watch games with me. :(

Join the club. I called up all my friends, offered to buy beer and lunch, and once they found out it was soccer, politely declined. :( Fucking commoners.

Pctx

Banned
Man U fan.

Calling it.. 3-1 Man U.
2 goals from Chito.
1 from Giggs.

Either way, this game is going to be wild!!

GO RED DEVILS!

WJD said:

Tyldsley > Tyler
'Manchester United have reached the promised land!"

Has to be ITV.

Wessiej

Help Me! said:
Join the club. I called up all my friends, offered to buy beer and lunch, and once they found out it was soccer, politely declined. :( Fucking commoners.
I'm glad to live in a Footballcountry, where you got to decline everyone and their mother to watch the game with them because you're already watching it with MILLIONS.

Can't wait!

2-1 after 120 minutes.

alterno69

Banned
lol same here in Mexico, i'm expecting at least 10 friends coming over to watch the game by the pool with lots of beer and 3vs3 futbol matches in my mini futbol field lol.

Gotta be an awesome day, go ManUtd.

<------My boy has to score.

Sleepy

anonnumber6 said:
Move to Europe?

If only the wife would...

I watch NFL with my friends, which I dread, the least they could do is return the favor. They don't even buy the food or drinks when I come over...I need new friends.

Slizz

Help Me! said:

That makes no sense.... You are offering food and drink and they refuse because it's soccer???? I guess there are some riveting MLB matchups
oh please
for the 162 games season or something.....

Also, Glory UNITED!

Sleepy

Slizz said:
That makes no sense.... You are offering food and drink and they refuse because it's soccer????

"It's boring, durrrr." "Oh, it's one nothing? Game's over then." etc.

Man, there's a huge trial going on in Orlando (Casey Anthony) and Fox is showing it all. Hopefully they don't bump the match for the trial.

Suppersalmon

Neo Member
I'm a Charlton fan but will be cheering on Man Utd tonight as I absolutely can not stand Barcelona at all.

Think me and some friends are going to watch it in a pub somewhere in London.

Divius

Man, I'm so bummed I'm missing this tonight. I have watched pretty much everygame this CL, but now I can't watch the finale live -_-. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it tomorrow without someone spoiling the score. I'm hoping ManU, but I'll think Barca will win. Most of all, I just want it to be an epic game.

NekoFever

alterno69 said:
lol same here in Mexico, i'm expecting at least 10 friends coming over to watch the game by the pool with lots of beer and 3vs3 futbol matches in my mini futbol field lol.

Gotta be an awesome day, go ManUtd.

<------My boy has to score.
I was reading this morning how the Mexico vs Ecuador friendly was bumped back by two hours because so many people were going to watch this game.

Damn, feel bad for all of you who haven't got somebody to watch it with. I've had plenty of people offering. But if United win we all plan to meet up outside Old Trafford and go nuts. If.

Knots in my tummy begging to develop. Think a bit of poo may actually emerge first time Messi get's on the ball and goes on a run.

farhatraza said:
Damn, feel bad for all of you who haven't got somebody to watch it with. I've had plenty of people offering. But if United win we all plan to meet up outside Old Trafford and go nuts. If.

Knots in my tummy begging to develop. Think a bit of poo may actually emerge first time Messi get's on the ball and goes on a run.
Don't forget the parade on the Monday....should be amazing to be at regardless of what happens tonight.

Feorax

Good luck to both teams tonight. Its hard to be neutral as an LFC supporter, but both teams deserve to be there.

Hoping for a good match, whoever wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom