• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Barcelona vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxrunner

Hope Machester wins and nani scores too. Being fed up of Barça free ride from UEFA these last years in Champions League....

markao

Cannot see past a Barca win, best team, better football, better players.

I do hope ManU will at least go out and try to win it, instead of full team defending on their own half, spectacle would be terrible. For that same reason I do hope Vidic makes it to half time without two yellows, as I can see him do the same thing that Carvalho did in the semi (being to late with challenge and picking up yellows).

I'm afraid it will be rather boring, hope I'm wrong and Edwin saves the last penalty in the shoot-out, he deserves it ;)

anonnumber6 said:
Don't forget the parade on the Monday....should be amazing to be at regardless of what happens tonight.

Yeah =D I have exams on Monday and Tuesday though. If it's just the League we're celebrating I'll go and cheer on the team and thank them for an awesome season. But if it's the double...exams can bloody do one!

Guys come on let's ditch the cheating stuff. If a team cheats and win's...free reign go at it all we like. This is a spectacle and alot of people who don't watch football regularly may be in this thread...doubt they'll want to or be impressed by hearing all this cheating crap.

Barcelona are patently superior - there's a lot of nonsense that this is a game between equals, almost. However, I think Man Utd will win on the day, to the point where I can't see anything but them emerging victorious..

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
pZuWv.jpg

BRING IT ON

edit:
w41YS.gif

farhatraza said:
Yeah =D I have exams on Monday and Tuesday though. If it's just the League we're celebrating I'll go and cheer on the team and thank them for an awesome season. But if it's the double...exams can bloody do one!
Fortunately my exam timetable has been a little bit kinder than yours.

But it is still annoying that the exam schedule was not planned around the CL final :p

Wes

venison crêpe
Match ups I'm particularly looking forward to:

Park v Alves
Valencia v Puyol (if he plays left back which is likely)
Hernandez v Mascherano
Busquets v Rooney

alterno69

Banned
NekoFever said:
I was reading this morning how the Mexico vs Ecuador friendly was bumped back by two hours because so many people were going to watch this game.

Yes, some people don't even know Mexico has a match today, makes me happy cause i hate the FMF (Federacion Mexicana de Futbol) greedy fuckers with a passion.

This is a first time for a Mexico match which usually gathers lots of attention from us mexican futbol fans but not today, hopefully people in mexico will start turning more and more towards european futbol and neglect our shitty league.

alterno69

Banned
Wes said:
Match ups I'm particularly looking forward to:

Park v Alves -- Park booked
Valencia v Puyol (if he plays left back which is likely) Puyol booked
Hernandez v Mascherano Mascherano booked
Busquets v Rooney Both booked

I can see that happening

Covfan

I do love the way that United seem to be playing the only team known for surrounding the referee when they disagree with a decision more than they do.

Barcelona to win 2-0, Busquets to dive for a penalty for the second goal, Vidic to be given a talking to for murdering a Barcelona player.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
alterno69 said:
Yes, some people don't even know Mexico has a match today, makes me happy cause i hate the FMF (Federacion Mexicana de Futbol) greedy fuckers with a passion.

This is a first time for a Mexico match which usually gathers lots of attention from us mexican futbol fans but not today, hopefully people in mexico will start turning more and more towards european futbol and neglect our shitty league.

¡Forza Chícharo!

ColR100

Wes said:
Pretty much following my betting.
I posted some good ones yesterday along with the dilemma of Puyol against Valencia over at the FT, you know the place. ;)

I've just gone totally against my own team with my choices. I'm still fancying a draw at half-time and Barca to win in the second-half. Can get that at 4/1 still.

Since yesterday Man Utd's odds have lengthened even more, they're just shy of 4/1 themselves to win in 90, while leading up to the game this week they've been at 3/1. Wouldn't say it was silly to back Utd at those odds now.

First player to be carded I'm liking Vidic, Rooney, Mascherano or Fabio if he's at right-back.

So hyped for this match.

Bored of the Arsenal fans jumping on the Catalonia bandwagon today...they just seem to forget that this team embarrassed them two seasons in a row while also tapping up their captain for the same period of time. Hilarious.

ColR100 said:
Bored of the Arsenal fans jumping on the Catalonia bandwagon today...they just seem to forget that this team embarrassed them two seasons in a row while also tapping up their captain for the same period of time. Hilarious.

To be fair I know a good few Arsenal fans backing United.

ColR100

farhatraza said:
To be fair I know a good few Arsenal fans backing United.
It's not the majority, I'm with you on that. Just rather a few friends of mine who have a mild interest in football.

Said fans should just be hoping for both teams to kick the crap out of each other, and for it hopefully to deliver a great game for the neutral.

ColR100 said:
It's not the majority, I'm with you on that. Just rather a few friends of mine who have a mild interest in football.

Said fans should just be hoping for both teams to kick the crap out of each other, and for it hopefully to deliver a great game for the neutral.
Fuck the neutrals. I just want to win.

Regulus Tera said:
Let's assume this shite goes to penalties. Who has the better chances? D:

It's anybody's guess but I would guess (and hope) United maybe would have a slight edge because we have been involved in 2/3 different shoot-outs lately...and i'm not sure Barca have had any lately..not with this team anyway.

farhatraza said:
It's anybody's guess but I would guess (and hope) United maybe would have a slight edge because we have been involved in 2/3 different shoot-outs lately...and i'm not sure Barca have had any lately..not with this team anyway.

Manu also has the 2008 John Terry banana peel to draw upon. Coulda won the cup....

Really pulling for them here, and I tend to dislike Manu. But my dislike of Barca is so strong...

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
alterno69 said:

Fuck that. I rather follow a "shitty league" than to be a "glory hunter".

Arnie

£15 on United to win - 4/1 - £60 payout
£1 on United to win in Extra Time - 17/1 - £17 payout (Get my money back from the first bet)

£0 on Barcelona to win - because if they do then that's priceless

Those are my bets, can't wait for this one. There's a distinct lack of the best Champions League Final of all time in this thread though. Not even 1999 was better than 2005.

Feorax

Arnie said:
£15 on United to win - 4/1 - £60 payout
£1 on United to win in Extra Time - 17/1 - £17 payout (Get my money back from the first bet)

£0 on Barcelona to win - because if they do then that's priceless

Those are my bets, can't wait for this one. There's a distinct lack of the best Champions League Final of all time in this thread though. Not even 1999 was better than 2005.
United should take great comfort from the 05 final. If that team we had could beat AC Milan that night, then United should have no problem with Barca :p

Xena

Regulus Tera said:
It's being broadcast on regular FOX.
No, I really don't have any TV at all. Even regular TV costs like $5 per month but I don't have even that since I don't watch TV. XD

Joe

im in manhattan right now and there is seriously man-u shirts everywhere. i've only seen 1 barca shirt.

S.Dedalus

Askani said:
No one here ever wants to watch games with me. :(

Same. I'll be watching alone. On my couch. No one here knows about it or cares.

But I'll be watching with you guys. Aw.

Oh, yeah, Barca 2-1.

ColR100 said:

That's me. As an Arsenal fan, I just can't support Barca after the way they got through against Arsenal and Real. Just hoping for a good match.

Edit: Going to a bar. A few friends are supposed to show, but I don't think any have committed for sure.

Can't wait to see how they're going to set up, especially United, it will be facinating to see how they're going to handle Barca.

Personally I would like Barca to win, they are the best team I've seen in my lifetime and I love the football they play. Wouldn't mind if United won though as they would deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom