• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 First U.S. Presidential Debate |OT| OK Libya... We need a leader, not a reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I hope both of those two prove me worng and get aggressive.

However, two attorneys on stage, I doubt it.

OK we need a streaming link as well as channel information in the OP, pls.

also,

zingers.jpg

zingers.jpg

zingers.jpg

zingers.jpg

zingers.jpg

Hackbert

OK we need a streaming link as well as channel information in the OP, pls.

came here to ask exactly that as an interested european. But maybe i will wait for the foreign debate. i have a good msnbc, cnn and fox news stream. would hope for HD streams

mclem

In the UK, and I'm no longer of an age where I can watch a debate and still be coherent in work the following day. Will there be a youtube video of the whole debate by the time I get up, I wonder? Would be nice to download it and watch at least some on the Vita on the way into work.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
here, for your amusement, are some of the zingers that might make it in tonight.

• Obama doesn't just like picking winners and losers. He likes picking losers
  • We've had 43 straight months with unemployment above 8 percent, and what does the president have to say to all this? He says `forward.' I think `forewarned' is a better term
  • He's out of ideas, he's out of excuses, and on November 6th you're going to put him out of office
  • He's making us more and more like Europe. I don't want to be like Europe. Europe doesn't work in Europe
Mitt Romney has a gift of gab.

These sound bite debates are a waste of time and offer no valuable insight into a person's true competency. Bring back the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

Averon

Does anyone else think the debates won't have a major effect on the election? It seems like people have made up their minds on who to vote for months ago.

Am I a dickhead for not wanting to vote because I know Obama is going to win Illinois anyway?

You should vote dude. We have to kick this guy out.
“My God, that’s all she talks about,” Walsh said of Duckworth’s military career in a video recorded at Walsh’s town hall speech Sunday and posted by Think Progress. “Our true heroes, the men and women who served us, my God, that’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we are so indebted and in awe of what they have done.”

Duckworth lost both her legs after an RPG attack in Iraq brought down the Black Hawk helicopter she was piloting in 2004. Walsh never mentions his own military service on the campaign stump. He never had any.
Kick this bastard out. Please.

All you need to know about these debates is that the Romney campaign thinks it's more important to get in some "zingers" than it is to actually finally put forward their plan for the country. The plan they claim is too complicated for Americans to grasp. I hope not being president isn't too hard of a concept for Romney to grasp.

Ugh, forgot this started tonight. Thank god I have to be at work and don't have to listen to racist ignorant shouting at the TV from my parents every time Obama says anything.

codhand

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Romney needs to stop pussyfooting around. At the start of the debate, he should just swagger onto the stage, smack down his bank statements and throw his nutsack onto the podium:

"Check it. This is what I make. I'm filthy fucking rich. I know how to make money. If you want to keep playing putt-putt with Obama go ahead. I'll wave from my yacht and have a moment of silence for you while getting my prostate messaged on my G6.

But if you want to be rich too, vote for me."

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

This is great:

Jim Lehrer: Welcome, gentlemen. President Obama, we’ll begin with you. Unemployment has been over 8 percent for 43 months, and most people think the country is on the wrong track. With recovery so slow, why do you deserve a second term?

BO: Well, as you know, Jim, we inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. And then Mitt Romney said he thinks 47 percent of the American people are slackers who just mooch off the rest of us. That’s an insult to millions of veterans, seniors and other hard-working Americans who actually pay higher tax rates than Mitt Romney does on the millions he still earns from outsourcing American jobs to China.

JL: Governor Romney, how would you respond?

MR: Jim, in Barack Obama’s economy there are 23 million Americans who want full-time work who can’t find it. And to my friends in the liberal media who say my numbers don’t add up, let me be clear: That’s 13 million people who don’t have jobs, and 10 million who want to work full time but can only find part-time jobs in this disastrous Obama economy. I think we can all agree that 13 plus 10 equals 23.

JL: Mr. President, your rebuttal?

BO: The plain fact is that far more Americans have been insulted by my opponent than are having trouble finding work. The 47 percent he says are shiftless losers means 47 percent out of 310 million of us. That’s about 145 million good-for-nothing, low-life Americans. And 145 million divided by 23 million is more than 6. So when you look at the bigger picture, six Americans have been insulted by Mitt Romney for every American who can’t find as much work as they might want. That’s not ideology, Jim — it’s math.

MR: Can I make a quick point?

JL: Briefly, please.

MR: Just briefly, each of the 23 million Americans suffering in this jobless Obama economy has at least two parents, 2.1 children on average, and at least four friends, including their spouse. You can’t view the 23 million in isolation. And when you multiply those 23 million hopeless Americans by at least eight others who feel their pain, you end up with a lot more Americans than I’ve insulted. And I’m using very conservative estimates.

BO: Jim? Just, in fairness, to respond?

JL: Yes?

BO: Forty-seven percent.

linsivvi

What is wrong with it?

October 16, 2012
Topic: Foreign and domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Joe Biden and Congressman Paul Ryan
Moderator: Martha Raddatz (ABC News Chief Foreign Correspondent)

The debate will cover both foreign and domestic topics and be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the question.

Come on man.

awm8604

Banned
I won't be watching. A debate with only 2 of the candidates isn't a true presidential debate. If Gary Johnson or Jill Stein were a part of it, I'd watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom