• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Wanny

Mod list? Just curious to know the grass, lighting, weather, texture ones you're using.

Mostly all texture mods out there on the nexus. Lighting is my own tweaks.

1wfjha.png

BONKERS

4xTXAA, enhanced SparseGrid, 1920x1200, no downsampling;

14403413076_7b3ecc57e6_o.jpg

14446715123_84f7d05339_o.jpg

That looks so good!

I wonder how many years i'll have to wait until I can play this game at 1080p60 locked with this setup :(

Very detailed. Thanks for the link, I'll definitely be trying out your suggestions. It looks so much better with HBAO+.

14240927067_cbbec0649c_o.jpg

14426265894_c6c1c11c87_o.jpg

Would you mind testing 0x00000028 (Edit: I mean 28. Basically the flag for MW3) for HBAO+ with Velvet Assassin with GeDoSaTo and your setup here to see if you run into any issues while you are screenshotting as well?

I had tested this flag myself and was basically the only one that worked without major issue. But that was only at around 1600x900-1920x1080 with SGSSAA and nothing else.
Contrast? Hello?

This is the intended look of the game. You are free to modify that if you care to do so.

midhras

Thanks Parsnip. I'm awash with fury that I didn't try this game sooner. So gorgeous! Guess which one of the following is my favourite.

MZP.jpg

One3rd

Would you mind testing 0x00000028 (Edit: I mean 28. Basically the flag for MW3) for HBAO+ with Velvet Assassin with GeDoSaTo and your setup here to see if you run into any issues while you are screenshotting as well?

I had tested this flag myself and was basically the only one that worked without major issue. But that was only at around 1600x900-1920x1080 with SGSSAA and nothing else.
Hmmm...I had been using that HBAO+ flag but looks like it may not be working at 3200x1800. I'll take some test shots later today.

I'm not using SGSSAA though, does this work? And GeDoSaTo unfortunately doesn't work for me with Velvet Assassin.

Seyavesh

man i am always shocked at how 'clean' your game looks. i can never get it to look that clean, and that bugs me

also i'm starting to notice jaggies in my screenshots of the game again and idk what the heck is up with that. i'm cranking the smaa up to max i think (???) and downsampling too so like i'm just like 'maaan what is this'

maQ.jpg

oaQ.jpg

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Not bagging on your shots at all, but this this makes me think (and appreciate) that this hopefully the last time was see COD looking like this.

I've sworn off COD specifically because of how bad this game performed technically on PC, and will never day-one a COD on PC again until I know its technically sound, but Advanced Warfare looks so much better than this, and it's about damn time.
While it looks decent enough to me, indeed, they need to move on. I think they've been using and modifying the same engine dating back to CoD2.

Performance wise, Ghosts performed mostly fine on my end, 40-60fps with aforementioned settings.

That looks so good!

I wonder how many years i'll have to wait until I can play this game at 1080p60 locked with this setup :(
Thanks, I get some drops into the 40's, during cutscenes mostly.

Wanny

man i am always shocked at how 'clean' your game looks. i can never get it to look that clean, and that bugs me

also i'm starting to notice jaggies in my screenshots of the game again and idk what the heck is up with that. i'm cranking the smaa up to max i think (???) and downsampling too so like i'm just like 'maaan what is this'

Don't worry I can't even run it. Poor GTX670 2gb.

1uqjzs.png

1s9jjq.png

BONKERS

Hmmm...I had been using that HBAO+ flag but looks like it may not be working at 3200x1800. I'll take some test shots later today.

I'm not using SGSSAA though, does this work? And GeDoSaTo unfortunately doesn't work for me with Velvet Assassin.

HBAO+ and SGSSAA seemed to work fine together for me when I tested :|

Looking back at my pictures. I did forget that it was fairly subtle. So it's probably there already :p

14429572584_4ef226a796_o.jpg

This is a downsampled (tiledshot) pic, anyone know why gradients start to look segmented (sky) when doing this (Bicubic)? Is this colorprofile related?

14429572794_ab0611c7d2_o.jpg

CUD

Banned
Contrast? Hello?
The game is pretty low contrast overall and it seemed particularly weird at the start in the cave how bright everything was but it balanced out after leaving the cave where more colour other than brown is present.

It did look better in game than it does in the screens but the screens still catch the art and colour style pretty closely.

midhras

Well, Watch_Dogs is certainly starting to look better and better. Maybe something could be done with this world after all. Not that the fact that it apparently runs quite poorly has me interested much. I'll wait for it to go bargain and have fun in Dishonored some more.

But yeah, those powerline masts in the background... yum.

One3rd

Yes. 0x000002C1

Don't recall if it's in any of the threads. But it should be. If not then I need to add it hah..

Thanks for this, I tried it out but not sure if I like the results. It does well to remove the aliasing with 4xSGSSAA but comes with a huge FPS hit over what I was running before with the in-game AA set to "maximum". At 3200x1800 I was getting between 30 - 55 FPS with in-game AA and with driver forced 4xSGSSAA i was now getting 8 -10 FPS...and there seems to be a lot more blur than I like at default LOD...may need to tweak this a bit.

I'll do some more testing in an area with better lighting so I can see exactly what's going on to make a more informed decision though. Thanks again for the option!

Oh, and HBAO+ is definitely showing up in my 3200x1800 shots...it is subtle but very noticeable when disabled. HBAO+ is soooo much better than SSAO, I don't even notice it any more where most SSAO produced "shimmering" during motion and annoyed the crap out of me.

Looking quite a bit better with the modifications. Still hate the game, feels like a badly modded Assassins Creed game. All the chasing, the UI, outlines on important NPCs/objects etc and the vehicles are horribly modelled and handle and animate very poorly.

14433849472_0b51a58286_o_d.jpg

14248534519_40c4090705_o_d.jpg

Top Bottom