• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Durante

Reinstalled Witcher 2, couldn't get downsampling with Gedosato to work. Was flickering at intro video and menu screen, then CTD when attempting to load a saved game, or starting a new one.
Yeah, Witcher 2 is a hard case. Probably one of the most graphically complex DX9 games.

maneil99

I like it ;)

Steam backlog... remember playing this on console. Certainly didn't look this good back then :)

14271448678_14ab87faa5_o_d.jpg

14454692261_be21eb909b_o_d.jpg

The consoles actual have better light saber reflections then PC, the PC release was bugged :p

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Yeah, Witcher 2 is a hard case. Probably one of the most graphically complex DX9 games.
Yeah, no doubt, I think it may be the best looking DX9 game, as well, subjectively speaking. Plus, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful in hindsight, very much appreciate the excellent work you've put into GeDoSaTo.

Durante

Yeah, no doubt, I think it may be the best looking DX9 game, as well, subjectively speaking. Plus, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful in hindsight, very much appreciate the excellent work you've put into GeDoSaTo.
Oh, don't worry, it didn't sound ungrateful at all. I just wanted to clarify that I'm on the case (and equally annoyed it doesn't work yet, I'd like some 6k shots of W2).

Melpontro

Amazing. Can you tell us how you managed to increase the shadow resolution and applied SSAO?

I was able to find the Shadowmap resolution via Cheat Engine, I'll release the cheat table soon.
The game has SSAO in certain areas to begin with, using cheat engine I disabled the code that enables and disables visual effects, locking the effect as on. Sadly it has too many issue to play the game like that, the game isn't able to turn effects like motion blur on and off either when using this method. Works okay for screenshots though.

Melpontro

Great. My argument that Cheat Engine isn't a great tool for graphical effects just went out the bloody window :p

When it comes to finding shadowmap resolutions, Cheat Engine seems to work well enough for that. I've been able to do it in all the Assassin's Creed titles, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and Amazing Spider-Man 2. No luck with Watch_Dogs though. I'm still extremely new to memory editing though, I assume someone with more skill would be able to put off a lot more.

Jelle

I was able to find the Shadowmap resolution via Cheat Engine, I'll release the cheat table soon.
The game has SSAO in certain areas to begin with, using cheat engine I disabled the code that enables and disables visual effects, locking the effect as on. Sadly it has too many issue to play the game like that, the game isn't able to turn effects like motion blur on and off either when using this method. Works okay for screenshots though.
Very interesting. I was going to take a look back at AC:B with GeDoSaTo, so this will help getting the most out of it :)

2 Shots of the same Area...I dont know which is better and so chose for both! :p

14461937715_28935cb23b_o.jpg

14461934525_eb4c9dcafc_o.jpg
One of the prettiest screenshots I've ever seen, unbelievable!

I do dearly love this game. I have tried a few times in the last couple years to get a proper new playthrough going, with varied success, but I finally dug in and got it going recently. It still holds up very well, in all aspects. The only mod here is MGEXE, which injects some shaders, gussies up the distant land and fog, and allows higher resolutions. Such an entrancing world.

morrowind_2014_06_20_03_11_04_596_by_roderickartist-d7n5fah.png

morrowind_2014_06_20_04_15_59_720_by_roderickartist-d7n5fbg.png

Cdammen

Thanks for inspiring me to dig out and install my physical copy of the game MrRoderick. I have never played Morrowind to completion. I've only come like 10% in, since I bought it when I still had a low-end rig of 450MHz with a GeForce 2.

I've been replaying Deus Ex with the DX10 mod, and it looks and feels great. I only really want upscaling and shader improvements to my old games, everything else is tweaking the game too much removing it's original "charm" and quirks :)

Thanks for inspiring me to dig out and install my physical copy of the game MrRoderick. I have never played Morrowind to completion. I've only come like 10% in, since I bought it when I still had a low-end rig of 450MHz with a GeForce 2.

I've been replaying Deus Ex with the DX10 mod, and it looks and feels great. I only really want upscaling and shader improvements to my old games, everything else is tweaking the game too much removing it's original "charm" and quirks :)

I feel the same way, and MGE XE is very excellent at approaching graphics modding that way.

This man is flying! :p

He drank a cheap potion of rising force.

MrRoderick, is this SWG's skies V4 beta?
Excellent choice buddy. Hrnchamd (author of MGE XE) are planning release the final version of MGE XE in one week. So wait a few days ;)

Unless they're wrapped into MGE XE, no. It's all vanilla except that. And awesome! Any word on what's going to be changed/added?

Morrowind.

I hope you love it. For me the key to getting back into the game fully again (I first played as a wide eyed, new to video games kid), was getting pretty nerdy about it. The level and skills system is actually really taut and well defined. I even kept a little notation on my phone of what skills had leveled into what attributes to get more 'efficient' leveling.
And the narrative! So many factions and competing forces and issues. Way more absorbing than TES V: Civil war and dragons.

morrowind_2014_06_20_03_51_08_457_by_roderickartist-d7n5fck.png

morrowind_2014_06_20_04_29_05_672_by_roderickartist-d7n5fcc.png

Shumafuk

misho8723, what's wrong with your sharpen shader? And why it is so blocky and blurry?

EDIT: Damit, compressed jpg's are not allowed here.

Top Bottom