• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

misho8723

Banned
misho8723, what's wrong with your sharpen shader? And why it is so blocky and blurry?

EDIT: Damit, compressed jpg's are not allowed here.

Yeah, sorry about those jpg's.. anyway, i didn't change anything in ini. files, so the sharpen shader is like that from the start.. i guess everyone has it that way.. only through ini. files you can change it, no?

*shrug*

14283501727_0cef932a2b_o.jpg

Nekokevin

Neo Member
Hi all (sorry for my bad English), here's my first contribution!

Watch_Dogs (Downsampled)

14286106018_590ce4a2db_o.jpg

(i don't know how to hide the little battery icon yet ... sorry)

BONKERS

Ok, it's not the best visuals ever, but
a) it's 1€
b) it runs at ~100 FPS at 2560x1440 on my single 770.
I'm impressed.

kick_win_2014_06_21_1uyj1j.jpg

kick_win_2014_06_21_1fdkma.jpg

Now if only it basically didn't run in a borderless window (only way to get Vsync in this game is to use Aero), had un defeatable terrible quality SSAO. (More than usual)

It's a great looking game, but these things really hold it back for me personally. Even after 2x2 downsampling, so much flickering,clouding and temporal aliasing :( from what I remember can't force AA either since it's DX11 even though min specs ask for DX9

This game would be a prime candidate for someone to make a plugin for.

Durante

Now if only it basically didn't run in a borderless window (only way to get Vsync in this game is to use Aero), had un defeatable terrible quality SSAO. (More than usual)

It's a great looking game, but these things really hold it back for me personally. Even after 2x2 downsampling, so much flickering,clouding and temporal aliasing :( from what I remember can't force AA either since it's DX11 even though min specs ask for DX9

This game would be a prime candidate for someone to make a plugin for.
Yeah, it's a good reason to make GeDoSaTo work with DX11. (I'm slowly chipping away at the million of things that need to be done to even start with that)

And yeah, the SSAO is Far Cry 3 tier.

14476540302_015d1de4d5_o.png

14476628064_078381cd6c_o.png

Wish there was a way to hide the HUD and use Fraps. Cheat Engine table is partially broken with the hud and fly mode. Fraps crashes the game. Used printscreen on these!

14476540302_015d1de4d5_o.png

14476628064_078381cd6c_o.png

Wish there was a way to hide the HUD and use Fraps. Cheat Engine table is partially broken with the hud and fly mode. Fraps crashes the game. Used printscreen on these!

Which table are you using? I never had any issues with no-hud and fly.

Here's an old table which always worked really well for me. Contains an FOV script as well.

Here's SunBeam's new table (I haven't tested it - but it hides the hud AND gun model). You can copy the FOV script from the first table into his if you need it.

For screenshots, I used SweetFX (just for the screen capture). Didn't use any shaders.

Which table are you using? I never had any issues with no-hud and fly.

Here's an old table which always worked really well for me. Contains an FOV script as well.

Here's SunBeam's new table (I haven't tested it - but it hides the hud AND gun model). You can copy the FOV script from the first table into his if you need it.

I am using this one, which you posted in the compendium thread.

I'll test those ones in a bit.
EDIT: SubBeam's HUD hide does not work.
EDIT2: Yours does not work either.

Shumafuk

I don't know... Watch Dogs visual is so... generic and boring (not ugly or something like that). I cant help myself. It's not bad state of thing, but I don't think it's appropriate game for making stunning pictures. My opinion.

Thorgal

I am using this one, which you posted in the compendium thread.

I'll test those ones in a bit.
EDIT: SubBeam's HUD hide does not work.
EDIT2: Yours does not work either.

I think the issue lies on your side because everything apart from hiding the gun works for me .

Not to suggest you are dumb or anything . but you do link cheat engine to the executable . right ?

Had seen a few people who forgot to do that.

Lime

I don't know... Watch Dogs visual is so... generic and boring (not ugly or something like that). I cant help myself. It's not bad state of thing, but I don't think it's appropriate game for making stunning pictures. My opinion.

It's not only you. It looks like the preview studio of 3D models in 3DS Max - completely lfieless and solely focused on pushing technical characteristics.

Also, the character design is simply hideous.

Wanny

I share your opinion.

Geez... you guys will suck the fun right out of anything won't ya. Here I was, enjoying Watch Dogs and posting screenshots along the way because I figured that might be appreciated in the PC Screenshot thread of We Need Some New Games in Here.

But... alright. Message received...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Geez... you guys will suck the fun right out of anything won't ya. Here I was, enjoying Watch Dogs and posting screenshots along the way because I figured that might be appreciated in the PC Screenshot thread of We Need Some New Games in Here.

Nah, your shots are sick, keep posting.

GavinUK86

Eh, ignore the hate. Watch_Dogs can look great if you take the time to make it look great. Your shots are good.

Edit: Ninj'd by the Stallion.

I think the issue lies on your side because everything apart from hiding the gun works for me .

Not to suggest you are dumb or anything . but you do link cheat engine to the executable . right ?

Had seen a few people who forgot to do that.
Everything in those scripts with the exception of fly and HUD hide work. Obviously I attached the process, or else it wouldn't work, even partially.

I don't know what could even cause this.

Shumafuk

Keep enjoy your fun! That's important. My problem is that I cannot enjoy it, because I used to see much better screens from you. Don't bother with that anyway!

BONKERS

Haters be haters mang!

I am lovin'em.

BONKERS

i4ur8tyvH5Vnn.png

Anyone know how to disable this PUTRID DoF?

Cannot figure it out. Have PostFX in custom settings set to low still won't go away

rfg_2014_06_22_15_24_8vk00.png

rfg_2014_06_23_01_31_gkjuu.png

The game completely freaks out if you try and driver down sample. It offers 16Xqaa, which generally works alright, but it still has quite amount of jagged edges at 1080p.

Furthermore, DX10 is completely broken and does not work. Anyone have any idea how to get Driver HBAO in this game?

BONKERS

I think you can use SGSSAA in this game (Edit: after a little digging, it does seem no one was able to get SGSSAA to work at the time a few years ago), and as far as HBAO+ is concerned, someone would have to test the game to figure it out. I own the game, but don't have it installed.

CUD

Banned

Nah it's cool man, I've really been enjoying your Watch_Dogs screens. I'm actually impressed with how it looks especially considering the flak the game has got.

Keep doing it if you're enjoying it because surely I'm not the only one that enjoys seeing them.

Top Bottom