• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

New level? hmmm... might have to play again...
Damn, that first screenshot made me think that you were using free cam. Almost freaked out here :p

Before you say something too, this game is a bit more blurry than other games by default. Game uses some kind of distance/edge blurring http://i3.minus.com/ibzBt11QtIO8I8.png
I believe there's a mod to remove that blur.
see if this helps: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mafia2/mod/38835.html

kanuuna

ibwBXUWU2R3OJE.png

i5B3vkQkfItkV.png

Got 7 days of free gametime. I wasn't really all that interested in playing the game, but thought I'd revisit it after a good year or so off it.
Honestly, couldn't remember how sharp the game looks - but then again I hadn't played the game fullscreen in forever.

New level? hmmm... might have to play again...

It is the remake of the NS1 level ns_eclipse.

It is very pretty but is controversial among the competitive element of the game (some people love it, some people hate it).

They also released a new level called Kodiak in April or so.

BONKERS

Damn, that first screenshot made me think that you were using free cam. Almost freaked out here :p

I believe there's a mod to remove that blur.
see if this helps: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mafia2/mod/38835.html

Oh well I actually just finished playing through the game. Darn would've been nice to test it before hand. But honestly, playing with 1.5 x 1.5 downsampling+ 4x SGSSAA +Sweet FX + sharpening looked just fine for me :p

I will definitely play around with this when I make my screenshotting run though.

ibsublW6ttlutY.jpg

iKAWS6CEoSPFV.jpg

The High-Resolution Textures pack make a huge difference, also the Ultra config in the video options doesn't enable everything, the engine supports Global Illumination, soft SSAO, etc... if you go in the custom settings.

Will M

Thanks to jim2point0 for his CE tables. Seriously, messing with the free camera, time stop and time of day while searching for screenshots is more fun the actual game.

ibppzmm74PGzl1.jpg

i82Gh1getXUZ8.jpg

This is not exactly an exciting screen, but I'm playing The Witcher for the first time right now and was really impressed with how great this dice mini game looked. The rest of the game holds up fairly well considering it's age.

iU3sCLfuQob5E.png

Those shots are all identical. Is he sure they were downloaded/installed properly?

There minor difference - the headlamps and the decals on the bonnet.
Here are 2 comparison screenshots I took, the cars are about the same, but the road and grass are far superior (click to see the 1440p version).
These look better but then they're completely different shots in terms of lighting. The CM rep on here also stated the pack was for cars only. The plot thickens.

Top Bottom