• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Spazznid

I don't mind making it and no, we will not be allowed out.

You collecting shots for the OP? I can't believe this year is almost over. It's been a fucking GREAT year for IQ, I must say. The fact that there doesn't need to be a Bullshot thread speaks to that, but it's also a sign that our machines aren't being pushed too much, maybe. Either way, this year's been chock full of wonderful shots.

It's also a lot easier to get that image quality. Resolution swapping, hotsampling, DSR, GeDoSaTo... the tools are coming together.

I would say machines are being taxed plenty. A lot of games this year were a pain to run. The Nvidia 900 series helped a bunch though :)

Lime

Is there an easy and quick way to do resolution swapping? Or are you talking about entering options everytime you want to take a screenshot?

Spazznid

15513418693_857c6f8722_o.png

16107349016_b404a5f689_o.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You collecting shots for the OP? I can't believe this year is almost over. It's been a fucking GREAT year for IQ, I must say. The fact that there doesn't need to be a Bullshot thread speaks to that, but it's also a sign that our machines aren't being pushed too much, maybe. Either way, this year's been chock full of wonderful shots.

Yeah, if you guys wanna shoot me a PM with a couple of your favs feel free. I'll use one for the header and pick a couple as examples too.

Surprised to see that this game runs at a slick 60fps with max settings. Certainly not the best looking current-gen game, but still very impressive.

ZFkb.png

aGkb.png

Also I want to upload some Mirror's Edge 4K downsampling shots, but I can't find a host that can hold it's file size (23.7MB).

For a ten year old game, it's holding up really well.

This is without mod texture packs? Damn. My nostalgia for the game's graphics my not be unfounded.

Spazznid

Surprised to see that this game runs at a slick 60fps with max settings. Certainly not the best looking current-gen game, but still very impressive.

ZFkb.png

aGkb.png

Also I want to upload some Mirror's Edge 4K downsampling shots, but I can't find a host that can hold it's file size (23.7MB).

This is without mod texture packs? Damn. My nostalgia for the game's graphics my not be unfounded.

Please don't post those here uncompressed. That's 23 MB we have to download for each shot. Most of our shots are around 2-6 MB because we compress them to PNG or JPEG format with high quality settings. That leaves the size relatively small without compromising quality. Nobody likes waiting minutes for pages to load.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Reread their first post. It's with the RE4hd.com texture mod. They've been doing phenomenal work.

They don't have character textures included yet though because they say they're saving those for last since people are very picky about the way Leon's iconic jacket looks.

Spazznid

Fuck this game, seriously. Fuck it. I'm about to just become a hermit.

16116041666_32fcd31720_o.png

15956068747_57f1bcaf22_o.png

Saw this horse (right) on my way around and fell in love. I need to find out where they roam, so I can go catch one. Sorry, Mulenir, but I have needs and they're purely visual.

One3rd

I might have to reinstall that one. Loved it when it came out. Have to see if I'm remembering it correctly.
So far it's been pretty fun, very true to the Movies with the same dry humour. If you do re-install it, check out the guide on DET if your interested in taking some screenshots.

The textures and lighting aren't the best but there are some interesting moments to capture.

From the Main Menu, hit Continue Game and then Change Outfit.

Some Mordor shots messing about with the in-game photo mode. Wish more games had this.

16147135135_5cda3ff822_o.png

16146376172_c63cfdba2e_o.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I guess that pictures of this kind have been posted dozens of times, but sorry, I can't resist. :p
Downsampled from 3325x1871 [DSR]

ibi8UOIM9gtYSy.png

iDqFjZrjYsYyi.png

Wow I'm super digging those floors.

From the Main Menu, hit Continue Game and then Change Outfit.

Some Mordor shots messing about with the in-game photo mode. Wish more games had this.

16147135135_5cda3ff822_o.png

16146376172_c63cfdba2e_o.png

The Evil Within looks very different from what I remember...

Lime

Quick question: Which option for best IQ would you recommend?

1. 2560x1440 + 2xSSAA
  2. 3200x1800
In-game AA solutions are usually very costly, but I'm not sure if 1800p is enough. Or maybe I should throw some SMAA through SweetFX on the 1800p solution.

1. 2560x1440 + 2xSSAA
  2. 3200x1800
In-game AA solutions are usually very costly, but I'm not sure if 1800p is enough. Or maybe I should throw some SMAA through SweetFX on the 1800p solution.

SSAA how? 2xSSAA @ 2550x1440 is probably better than 3200x1800, but not by much. (I assumed a 2560x1440 monitor)

You should always use SMAA if you can. There's almost no reason not to.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

1. 2560x1440 + 2xSSAA
  2. 3200x1800

3200x1800 with SMAA will probably get you something fairly clean, assuming you're playing at 1920x1080.

Lime

Yeah I didn't mention that I am able to use SMAA through SweetFX (I'm on AMD) in cases where the game doesn't allow for it.

3200x1800 with SMAA it is then.

@jimpoint0: I'm talking AA solutions through in-game options. AMD's own driver level AA is rarely applicable to most modern games as far as I've experienced.

Top Bottom