• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Anyone try the new ReShade beta yet?

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4982574&postcount=123

I'd love to see what some of you guys could do to older games using these new shaders. So far I've got Depth of Field enabled in System Shock 2 and the early results are quite promising. Maybe I'll post something after I've figured out the DOF variables.

Please do! I'm currently playing around with ReShade in AC:Unity and oh my, it's fine... Screenies!

farcry42014-12-2413-0m4r5n.jpg

farcry42014-12-2413-3str2h.jpg

One3rd

3830x5088
I hate to be that guy, but can you downsample your images? My Internet cries a little every time one of those 50MB images is trying to be loaded from Flickr. Faststone (linked in the OP, should be able to get those down to about 2-3MB at 1440p without losing much IQ if any. You can always link to the original full size files.

3830x5088

1. 50 MB per image? Yeah.... that's not going to sit well with this thread at all. Definitely downsample those if you can. Most of my 3:4 potraits are 4500x6000, but I don't upload those because that's not forum friendly at all. I downsample those to 1440x1920.

2. If you absolutely must use PNGs, you can use Paeth filter in FastStone to get much smaller files. It's still lossless. Compare your 50MB PNG to this 33MB PNG.

Ryse: Son of Rome

Are you using SweetFX to capture screens in RYSE? If so are you using eFX or injecting through RadeonPro? Because I'm using eFX and everytime I try to take a screen using printscreen (the default screenshot bind in eFX) the result is just a nice plain purple png.

diaspora

Are you using SweetFX to capture screens in RYSE? If so are you using eFX or injecting through RadeonPro? Because I'm using eFX and everytime I try to take a screen using printscreen (the default screenshot bind in eFX) the result is just a nice plain purple png.

RadeonPro takes perfect png screenshots.

R8TEDM3

I had the same problem as you, but now i'm using " GEMFX" it works almost like SweetFx, but with tons more options!

Here's the link! http://www.mediafire.com/download/ns...FXv1_0_4_1.exe

Thorgal

How are you not bored with Skyrim yet?

I am that's why I haven't been posting any bizzare or silly screenshots anymore.

The thing with Skyrim is infinite possibility's .

Once you have exhausted every lore friendly mod available and are bored of it ,you syart using unconventional mods .

Speaking of which ...

tesv2014-12-2712-54-2pyuz9.jpg

How are you not bored with Skyrim yet?

I am that's why I haven't been posting any bizzare or silly screenshots anymore.

I can maybe understand not being bored with Skyrim in general since there are always new mods being made. What surprises me is that he's still posting the same kind of grass and tree shots over and over again. That has to be getting old even for him.

I like the lighting on the armor there. Is that some kind of in-game cut scene?

I really hope I can get by with minimal English translation. I'm going to be trying to get into this game tonight :)

Spazznid

I like the lighting on the armor there. Is that some kind of in-game cut scene?

I really hope I can get by with minimal English translation. I'm going to be trying to get into this game tonight :)

Nope, there's a nice filter that looks a bit darker than normal. Also, the only thing I'd advise is keep me on steam, and also keep Google Translate on your phone. I used it a lot at first to figure out all the buttons and options, but now it comes in handy every once in a while for the few quests that aren't quite self explanatory. I'll be on whenever I'm not at work, so don't be afraid to shoot me a message if you need help.

I'm on Calpheon server, or 칼페온. I'd suggest going there unless you have someone on an other server that can/will help you should you need it. I also suggest playing on Channel 2. There are channels for the OBT, and you can change/choose at character selection, right after server selection. Channel 1 is usually the laggiest when it's busy, so I choose Channel 2 every time.

I just got to the Big City it self, Calpheon, and oh my god. Nothing can prepare you for how detailed it is. There's so much I think I'll be shooting here for the next few days. Feels kind of like AC Unity with riots, celebrations, giant buildings, crowds, markets, etc. I need to grind so I can buy some stuff from the Auction House, but I'm too compelled to walk around the city, and climb all the buildings, and grab all the knowledge.

Oh, and another tip, when you're out in the world and you see question marks on your map, go talk to them. Those are people that you don't know. Knowledge covers more than just people, but it's hard to collect a lot of it without being able to read, so learning about all of the major characters is a major boon to your ability to become friends with certain NPCs.

Anyways, more shots!

15935541909_e33ebd0d04_o.png

15934190548_cf911a88b5_o.png

Spazznid

This top one was actually a cutscene. The only one I've posted so far. I never remember to change my resolution before they happen, lol.

16120889902_e424152f44_o.png

15935860247_74899c06d5_o.png

Top Bottom