• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Draft |OT| The Resurrection of the Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

WOJ

"Sources: Blazers didn't make deal as first step of rebuilding. Aldridge was aware of trade, and Blazers did deal independent of free agency."

I mean LMA might still leave but I don't think the Batum trade mean anything. He has been inconsistent as fuck so while I wish him the best I don't mind this trade at all. I think Vonleh especially has potential (IF we don't trade him also lol)

Latest rumor is that the Celtics are having a tough time finding a trade partner in the top 10 because all the teams are falling in love with their prospects.

I could see that. While this is potentially a deep draft, it feels like there is a pretty big drop off after the top 10 or so in terms of potential all-stars to just potential starters/impact role players. I don't know how much difference there is between, say, pick 16 and pick 25 for most teams.

For what?

See how quickly they can get opposing GMs to laugh uncontrollably.

fertygo

That Batum trade is weird..

Also if GS is smart they should trade Barnes for pick, because next year some team are given to give him stupid deal, which he simply not worth it.

That Batum trade is weird..

Also if GS is smart they should trade Barnes for pick, because next year some team are given to give him stupid deal, which he simply not worth it.

Yeah I think the reality for GState is that they can't pay EVERYBODY. They have Steph, Iggy, Klay, Bogut and Lee all making big money right now with Draymond's extension likely on the way. Barnes is probably the odd man out so might as well try and get something for him and get a cheap replacement.

Bowser

I really hope warriors don't get rid of barnes. He's a good hustleplayer . Package Lee and macadoo or spaieghts.

lol that's not how it works. It's likely the Warriors would have to attach #30 and either Barnes or an unprotected future first round pick to dump Lee's salary.

lol that's not how it works. It's likely the Warriors would have to attach #30 and either Barnes or an unprotected future first round pick to dump Lee's salary.

You're telling me some other team doesn't want to just take the champions trash without getting any good assets as well?

Normally a big expiring contract like Lee's is attractive to some teams, but most teams (especially the shitty ones) have been shedding cap space in preparation for this and next offseason that there isn't really that same need.

in like February. Teams can still technically trade guys' rights after they draft them so long as they don't sign them. Once they are signed they can't be traded until December I think.

Sorry, should have added more context. I meant the deadline in which the Lakers have to decide between trading for Cousins or keeping their pick+Players The Kings want, if offered.

Sorry, should have added more context. I meant the deadline in which the Lakers will decide between trading for Cousins or keeping their pick+Players The Kings want, if offered.

Probably the moment they sign whoever they take at 2. Technically the Kings and Lakers could have a deal in place but thanks to the Stepian rule the Lakers can't officially trade their draft pick and have to trade the player's rights instead.

Bowser

Speaking of...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21s21 seconds ago
Sources: Lakers, Kings exchange framework of trade centered on DeMarcus Cousins today, discussions could intensify Thursday. Story soon.

#welp

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Speaking of...

Sources: Lakers, Kings exchange framework of trade centered on DeMarcus Cousins today, discussions could intensify Thursday. Story soon.

#welp

holy shit it's happening.

Bowser

Kings vice president of basketball operations Vlade Divac has pursued a possible deal that would include a bevvy of assets, including the Lakers' No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, rookies Julius Randle and Jordan Clarkson and other draft assets, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Sacramento also would want to unload the remainder of forward Carl Landry's two years, $13.5 million contract, league sources said.

Minimally, the Lakers have no intention of including Randle in a deal for Cousins, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Randle, a power forward, was the seventh overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft and missed most of his rookie season after leg surgery. The Lakers are reluctant to part with Clarkson too, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...elding-offers-from-other-teams-030157845.html

lol eat a dick Lakers.

Kickz

He didn't work out for LA because he knows he is going first. You are reading way too much into it. It's not that he likes Minneapolis over LA, he just knows he is 100% going to Minnesota. I highly doubt there is a single player who will go in the first round who would pick Minnesota if given a choice of which team they are going to lol.

Well that's bullshit, considering we have an up and coming team and are better positioned than alot of other treadmill teams..

in like February. Teams can still technically trade guys' rights after they draft them so long as they don't sign them. Once they are signed they can't be traded until December I think.

Last year, the Cavs/Wolves had to wait a month to complete the Love for Wiggins deal after Wiggins signed in July. August 23rd was the trade date, I believe.

Kickz

Speaking of...

#welp

Karl should be FIRED, what a senile bufoon...

If they get anything less than Okafor + the pg + Randle burn that franchise down and send them to Seattle

Well, if I have to think positive about this....I hope that everyone benefits from the trade. Kings start to improve and Lakers improve as well.

Woo!!!!

Hydrus

Ive been out of the loop with nba for a few seasons, somebody wanna fill me in on DeMarcus Cousins and why he is such a big deal? Ive seen his stats and they look great of course, but I remember him being a very immature and sort of a cancer. Is he still like that? Is this a guy you wanna build a team around?

Lol, Randle is the main sticking point?

200x200px-ZC-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Ive been out of the loop with nba for a few seasons, somebody wanna fill me in on DeMarcus Cousins and why he is such a big deal? Ive seen his stats and they look great of course, but I remember him being a very immature and sort of a cancer. Is he still like that? Is this a guy you wanna build a team around?

He hasn't found a guard, coach, or front office he can get along with, and he struggles with motivation at times, but other than that, build your franchise around him.

Tom Penny

He's had like 5 coaches and 2 ownership's in 5 years. He's volatile but that shit organization sure isn't helping matters.

Vlade the God won't let Boogie go for cheap, hes still mad at the rigging by the refs :p

Ainge should have got Batum for a second round pick, he would have been a decent pick up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trading Cousins would be the dumbest thing the Kings could ever do. Lakers could offer #2, Randle and Clarkson and that still shouldn't be good enough. I think if any team could pull off a deal for Cousins it would be the Nuggets but I can't see them willing to pay the kind of ransom it would take to get him. Maybe a 3 way deal is plausible.

PopeReal

WOJ

"Sources: Blazers didn't make deal as first step of rebuilding. Aldridge was aware of trade, and Blazers did deal independent of free agency."

I mean LMA might still leave but I don't think the Batum trade mean anything. He has been inconsistent as fuck so while I wish him the best I don't mind this trade at all. I think Vonleh especially has potential (IF we don't trade him also lol)

I think LMA stays. What the starting lineup looks like and what we do next I have no idea though.

Trading Cousins would be the dumbest thing the Kings could ever do. Lakers could offer #2, Randle and Clarkson and that still shouldn't be good enough. I think if any team could pull off a deal for Cousins it would be the Nuggets but I can't see them willing to pay the kind of ransom it would take to get him. Maybe a 3 way deal is plausible.

Kings would be stupid if they don't trade Cousins. It'll be a repeat of the last few seasons: Cousins hates the coach, the Kings suck, coach gets fired, new coach is hired, everyone says wait until next year for Cousins to learn another system.

Tom Penny

Why aren't the 76ers in on any of these talks? They can smash any deal any team can come up with with all their picks. I know they want all the players they draft to get good at the same time in 2020 but that's a stretch.

According to Kurt Helin the trade being discussed right now is #2 + Randle + Clarkson for Boogie.

Why aren't the 76ers in on any of these talks? They can smash any deal any team can come up with with all their picks. I know they want all the players they draft to get good at the same time in 2020 but that's a stretch.

I think they're spooked at the idea of trading for another disgruntled center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom