• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

OtisInf

30308401653_467b269496_o.jpg

31093435485_b450a33de1_o.jpg

OtisInf

What mods are you using?
Oh FFS... It's modded skyrim. Every single time he posts a skyrim shot of the same garden he always does, someone will ask for 'the mods'. He has a website, you know. On which he'll tell you he won't tell you his modlist. http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html But please, keep asking him about the modlist, it never gets old.

Just shootin from the hip since Hatti's tools are broken with this patch
These shots aren't looking so bad, did they fix the main issues in the patch? And is ansel now working or still broken?

These shots aren't looking so bad, did they fix the main issues in the patch? And is ansel now working or still broken?

Did they fix the performance issues? For me... hell no. The problem has never been how it looks though. Just that even at 60 FPS, you get stuttering like mad and it feels awful to play.

Not sure about Ansel. I heard there's no freecam and the tiledshot feature comes with a lot of color issues. So I haven't touched it. Just using SRWE for the high-res shots.

The fact that I can still see aliasing in these shots is just bizarre. Something funky is going on with this engine.

30779827750_7dcf190f90_o.jpg

31111660016_bdc2852bed_o.jpg

Is TXAA plus that res an absolute no go? As for what I've seen of TXAA in D2 it removes especially shader aliasing and other jagged edges in general better than FXAA/SMAA but better brace thyself for some wicked fancypants vaseline IQ. Maybe some sharpening with ReShade + TXAA + 8600x3600? I'd expect that downsampling from that res would even out the blurring that TXAA causes though I wouldn't really know since I'm not a big fan of using TXAA myself either but in this case it has to be better, right?... Right?

Is TXAA plus that res an absolute no go? As for what I've seen of TXAA in D2 it removes especially shader aliasing and other jagged edges in general better than FXAA/SMAA but better brace thyself for some wicked fancypants vaseline IQ. Maybe some sharpening with ReShade + TXAA + 8600x3600? I'd expect that downsampling from that res would even out the blurring that TXAA causes. Wouldn't really know since I'm not that big of a fan of using TXAA myself either but in this case it has to be better, right?... Right?

The amount of blur I saw with TXAA seemed too extreme to fix with sharpening. I haven't tried it at an insane resolution though. I'll make a point to try that tonight.

Top Bottom