• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Lime

rottr2016-11-2102-07-7dyfd.jpg

rottr2016-11-2101-33-01bz9.jpg

Lime

whoa nice :) I played all DLC, the entire game, but nowhere did I find this hoodie outfit! Where did you run into this? Or is this in one of the mansion missions (I did only the point-click mystery thingy)

It's just the model in that London cutscene in the beginning of the game. No idea how to implement it as a playable costume - you'd probably need a mesh switcher of some sort.

OtisInf

It's just the model in that London cutscene in the beginning of the game. No idea how to implement it as a playable costume - you'd probably need a mesh switcher of some sort.
Ah, thanks. I missed that cutscene indeed, and it's not possible to replay it even with chapter select :(

these look almost like native res shots

Oh, but native res is so much worse.

I must remind myself to take comparison shots tonight.

TXAA does do a decent job at getting rid of aliasing. I just have to use a metric fuck ton of lumasharpen to get it looking somewhat decent again. The in-game TXAA sharpness slider does not go high enough....

Oh, but native res is so much worse.

I must remind myself to take comparison shots tonight.

TXAA does do a decent job at getting rid of aliasing. I just have to use a metric fuck ton of lumasharpen to get it looking somewhat decent again. The in-game TXAA sharpness slider does not go high enough....

txaa has been crap the last few years. dunno what nvidia is thinking

31122308255_e46d6661ae_o.jpg

31114284765_5514bd54ba_o.jpg

That 2nd shot would have been interesting for a comparison as the cables on the boat there are almost invisible at my native resolution. Just not enough pixels.

Well it's not bad in Dishonored 2. Just a bit... blurry. I have lumasharpen at 2.1 in this 2nd shot which is crazy high.

High-res + SMAA

High-res + TXAA + sharpening

dont have the game but people in the performance thread were saying it doesnt do a good job at eliminating the shimmer despite being far more blurry than a TAA should be. the videos ive seen have weird artifacts when looking at small geometry in the distance. not sure if the txaa is causing this or just not fixing it. people also said txaa causes flickering in various parts of the image

https://youtu.be/GC3BEXhjwnQ?t=2m29s

you can see the artifacts at that exact timestamp in the distance through the doorway center screen.

brau

dont have the game but people in the performance thread were saying it doesnt do a good job at eliminating the shimmer despite being far more blurry than a TAA should be. the videos ive seen have weird artifacts when looking at small geometry in the distance. not sure if the txaa is causing this or just not fixing it. people also said txaa causes flickering in various parts of the image

https://youtu.be/GC3BEXhjwnQ?t=2m29s

you can see the artifacts at that exact timestamp in the distance through the doorway center screen.

All true. Truly a weird game.

Thought i could get through more of the game after the latest patch, but a lot of this is still present, along with some really bad dips in fps for no reason when idle. A beautiful looking game tho, they just need to sort out the blurryness of it, and fix the AA.

Nick Pal

Nick, your shots have been really compressed lately. Super JPEG-y. Can you look into it?

Thanks for letting me know because I couldn't figure out why some of them look blurry. I don't know if it's the game's upscale option that's causing this or if it's something else like Temporal aliasing? I run it at 5160x2160 and resize it to 3440x1440 in Faststone and that's usually fine with other games.

This is what the in-game options look like..

gearsofwar4settingsvlpav.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/gears-of-war-4-port-analysis/

Parsnip

Thanks for letting me know because I couldn't figure out why some of them look blurry. I don't know if it's the game's upscale option that's causing this or if it's something else like Temporal aliasing? I run it at 5160x2160 and resize it to 3440x1440 in Faststone and that's usually fine with other games.
Those latest portraits, 2 of them are at 84% and 1 is at about 90% whereas your previous page shots were all 100%.
Maybe there's something funky going on with your faststone settings.

Lender

How is the performance on the pc? I bought the entire series a couple of days ago but I always heard some different stories in terms of performance.

NeoRaider

How is the performance on the pc? I bought the entire series a couple of days ago but I always heard some different stories in terms of performance.

Both Paris and Sapienza worked good for me on Ultra settings. 30-60. But around 40-45 most of the time.
But once i started playing Marrakesh fps tanked to 18-20. Market and Protests are the worst because there are a lot of NPCs, so i had to lower some setting. But other than that, it's fine. I am on DX11 tho.

R9 280x
i5-4460
8GB
W7

This is what the in-game options look like..

gearsofwar4settingsvlpav.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/gears-of-war-4-port-analysis/

What are you using to actually take the shots? MSI AB, etc? If you're not using an external program but just printscreen or some UWP screenshot function that's probably what's causing the "Super JPEG-y" shots.

Nice! I thought Jim's CT table didn't work anymore? I saw the game in the steam sale, would be a shame if there's no cam. If you have a working freecam I'm all ears!
Those don't look like freecam shots but I could be wrong. If they are, great! Means I don't have to update my table this weekend =)

Top Bottom