• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Durante

screenshot_2016-02-09onjm5.jpg

screenshot_2016-02-09umkff.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm new to this PC club. Just built my first rig last week and coming from consoles... It's been magical. Somewhat overwhelming but overall amazing.

I enjoy all of your guys pictures immensely BTW. I only have an R9 390 (Greatly exceeded my expectations lol) as a placeholder so It makes the wait for the pascal cards even harder lol. Maybe I'll join in then and post some of my own after I figure out what I'm doing.

Edit:

Do your self a favour and download Super Turbo Lighting Mod if you want improvements more than post processing.
https://youtu.be/DCcrK7RnUnY

2 questions.

First. How/where do I get this mod. I have the GOG version of witcher 3.

Second. How did he get everything to stand so still? When I play its like there are heavy straight winds the entire time.

Firewatch..... ugh.

I don't have time for another game. But... damn.

Also, teh game hotsamples. For anyone that knows what that means.

Never did create a guide, but it's basic. It's a high-res screenshotting method.

Hokay, so you need SRWE. Get 2.2.

Play game in windowed mode.

Attach SRWE to the game executable.

Now, use SRWE to set the game to a resolution of your choice that fits on your screen. For example, I have a 3440x1440 monitor. So here's how I'll set the game to take screenshots in various ARs:

21:9 - 3440x1440 (duh)
2:1 - 2880x1440
3:4 - 1080x1440

Once you have a screenshot framed, you can use SRWE to change the window size to something much larger (depending on how high you can go before your GPU crashes out). For 2:1 shots, I usually set the window to 7000x3500. Once the game re-renders to the new size, take as creenshot. Then use SRWE to change the size back.

Works in Tomb Raider too. But in that game, you can't go more narrow than 5:4. But that's how I was taking 7000x3500 shots of that game too.

Could you share the weather mod you're using?

Of course! I would love to pay it forward any way that I can for everyones support lol. Sorry it took so long this thread was moving slowly so I moved on to other things for a bit.

I was looking through the comment section of the STLMod for someone to ask the same question that I did and I found one. This was the reply,

I installed another mod called weather enhanced and than in the debug console i entered the command: changeweather(WT_DRY_SUNNY)

It should look like that. You can even enter another command like changeweather(WT_SD_CALM_WIND) which makes it calm too but not as much as dry and sunny although the colours in calm wind look better IMO than dry and sunny, but it is a matter of opinion.

BTW this is the mod's link: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/937/?

I checked it out and it turns out that the creator made some compatibility updates so that it would work with the STLMod.

Just 2 more "cave shots"

24843392731_4dcd5b8087_o.jpg

24936716475_d8e0e04d6b_o.jpg

Had to put this game on the shelf for a bit. I'm 100% invested in.... Bloodborne *gasp* (but seriously, it's good)

24846502201_0683dfb745_o.jpg

24821854462_145ca2f4f9_o.jpg

Flickr

Edit:
I did not realise that this game had object motion blur (her head). Is that a UE3 ini tweak then?

I'll be honest, I have no idea. I usually turn that all off and thought that looked kinda funky with the low sample count. I suspect it's always there, out of reach (not in the options) but not always very apparent.

kosmologi

Mass Effect 2: 4k 2xSSAA

Looking a bit dated thesedays but the gameplay is still amazing:

A bit dated yes, but I still prefer the graphical style of ME2 to that of ME3. It's sharper and the armor detail looks nicer. The biggest difference between the two is in environment quality.

OtisInf

EA gave the game away in the last couple of days, so why not play it? Turns out, depth buffer is available and ToCA was so nice to provide excellent camera tools! Old water under the old bridge for many, for me it was a pleasant surprise (had played the game on PS3 years ago).

24310931984_30f1e8cdf8_o.jpg

24848198091_6734ba6b5c_o.jpg

Top Bottom