• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

OtisInf

24932750391_105ce726c8_o.jpg

24399570154_6e673ff6ca_o.jpg

The Witcher 3
witcher32016-02-1320-xcs2o.jpg
Awesome shot / colors!

This game is such an underrated gem. I feel like The Witness and Firewatch stole all the indie headlines, but this is one of the best games I've played this year.

unravel2016-02-1520-1vurhn.png

unravel2016-02-1520-0swo0u.png

Very cool man. I found AK to be one of the most enjoyable games to take screenshots of thanks to the built in photo mode tools. Really lets you iterate quickly and come up with cool ideas on the fly. Keep the shots coming!
Love the colors in this one Nick, and you did a really good job of getting the lighting to look dramatic without overdoing it with the contrast and crushing the blacks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This game is such an underrated gem. I feel like The Witness and Firewatch stole all the indie headlines, but this is one of the best games I've played this year.

unravel2016-02-1520-1vurhn.png

unravel2016-02-1520-0swo0u.png

This year is 1 + 1/2 months long so far.

This game has been out 6 days.

Underrated, and one of the GotY. Come on dude lol.

This year is 1 + 1/2 months long so far.

This game has been out 6 days.

Underrated, and one of the GotY. Come on dude lol.

There's already been a lot of big games this year.. Many games that critically rank among the best ever on Metacritic. I've completed The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, The Witness, Firewatch, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Life is Strange, and I'm working my way through Unravel.

It is certainly underrated. No one is talking about it. Look at the OT, it's got a whopping 274 replies compared to over 12,000 replies on The Witness OT.

I'm not saying I think this is going to be the GOTY come December, but at this early point in 2016 it's probably the best game I've played.

Porcupine

There's already been a lot of big games this year.. Many games that critically rank among the best ever on Metacritic. I've completed The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone, The Witness, Firewatch, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Life is Strange, and I'm working my way through Unravel.

It is certainly underrated. No one is talking about it. Look at the OT, it's got a whopping 274 replies compared to over 12,000 replies on The Witness OT.

I'm not saying I think this is going to be the GOTY come December, but at this early point in 2016 it's probably the best game I've played.

It's definitely underrated, it's a beautiful game and it deserves a little more attention.
But as it was already pointed out, not being on Steam these days isn't helping.

24654595959_c22a509cb1_o.png

24395380953_bb847ba68a_o.png

OtisInf

It's definitely underrated, it's a beautiful game and it deserves a little more attention.
But as it was already pointed out, not being on Steam these days isn't helping.
Not sure if it's steam or not, could also be the reviews which weren't always great (see the Eurogamer review for instance).

Anyway, On with the show! (grain is built-in, and can't be disabled, sadly. :( )
24443503353_fbc0a20122_o.jpg

24774767090_9d854c10dd_o.jpg

Eh, I was extremely hyped for Unravel, probably more than anything else this past year, I'm playing through it but it's nothing special. In fact it's a pretty poor puzzle platformer. Its aesthetic saves it, but it's not at all underrated. I'd say it's overrated, actually.

Eh, I was extremely hyped for Unravel, probably more than anything else this past year, I'm playing through it but it's nothing special. In fact it's a pretty poor puzzle platformer. Its aesthetic saves it, but it's not at all underrated. I'd say it's overrated, actually.

I'm a sucker for narrative and heartstrings and such, and so far Unravel is delivering that completely. Gameplay has been solid and creative so far too. Just IMO.

OtisInf

I hope you are using maldo's textures!

Nope, this is vanilla. The Maldo textures aren't downloadable anymore (they are only from a server with 75KB/s, and I didn't want to do that ;)). It's a bit less stellar perhaps, but still looks great (Maximum Edition does have the 1.9 patch and High res texturepack, it's not as good as maldo perhaps, but better than nothing).

Nick Pal

^Wicked shots Phil.

Nope, this is vanilla. The Maldo textures aren't downloadable anymore (they are only from a server with 75KB/s, and I didn't want to do that ;)). It's a bit less stellar perhaps, but still looks great (Maximum Edition does have the 1.9 patch and High res texturepack, it's not as good as maldo perhaps, but better than nothing).

GroinshooterMVP uploaded it. I have the link if you need it.

Love the colors in this one Nick, and you did a really good job of getting the lighting to look dramatic without overdoing it with the contrast and crushing the blacks.

Thanks dude. It's a combination of reshade and the Photomode2in1 presets to be honest. This one was "Novigrad clear" IIRC.

The Witcher 3

witcher32016-02-1519-rbsr5.jpg

witcher32016-02-1519-0hs9x.jpg

Top Bottom