• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Durante

I had to look in the mirror to see if someone's skin should look that bad at her age.

I know she's seen some things but I think they went a little too far with the details.
It's not too far with the details, it's not good enough with the subsurface scattering. (If there is any at all)

Thanks to One3rd for the fantastic guide and CT. Ingame pp off, res 2560x1440.
I was not clever enough to get the UE dof working despite the guide :(

24978573916_cfc5304064_o.jpg

24378035573_f7f62a3658_o.jpg

It's not too far with the details, it's not good enough with the subsurface scattering. (If there is any at all)

I actually don't know if it's there outside of cut scenes. I've taken a few screenshots where it looks to be present. I think sometimes you just get flat lighting like that and it doesn't work.

You tell me. I'm actually not sure how to judge of SSS is working or not.

I actually don't know if it's there outside of cut scenes. I've taken a few screenshots where it looks to be present. I think sometimes you just get flat lighting like that and it doesn't work.

I think Durante is right, even though the lighting is softer in those shots it just doesn't look like it's penetrating. Compare it to MGSV -
SSS off:
SSS on:
Lara's skin aligns much more closely with the off setting. The details are too harsh and it doesn't look like it's reflecting any light back out - example this shot. I don't think SSS is enabled during gameplay in ROTTR.

Jude

Banned

Its clearly off outside cut scenes, but its not only the subsurface scattering, for example it have also the effect of a strong light in the ears of Lara turning them red while ligth penetrates through, better hair and more stuff.

24707546120_c3f0225283_b.jpg

They cut all these stuff during gameplay because its impossible for the player to see it without a free cam and maybe because the average Joe just does not care.

Bonus:
24707655070_2f9736b57a_o.png

Cant get gedosato to play nicely with Skyrim. worked for a time, but now the launcher just doesn't pick it up. So stuck with 4K until I can figure it out.

The latest in swords for this season..

tesv2016-02-1413-11-587j47.png

tesv2016-02-1413-24-5c9kpp.png

Top Bottom