• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

25080088515_2234b365e0_o.jpg

25053737366_f9e0220c93_o.jpg

PhilGPT

If that is in-game then that is amazing.
Yup, it's in-game. It's the starting animation for Rashid's Critical Art.
I just noticed I left the FPS counter in the top right corner (I'm so blind :p)
Yeah, that's 16 FPS while running at 4K + Reshade on a GTX 970 :p

25076687555_48b5f40f70_o.jpg

24446025344_b459a55274_o.jpg

PhilGPT

Ehi Phil,

I've just bought SFV...Cause you made me feel like it with your SS. Damn, those are really cool. I love your colors palette / tonemapping.

Thanks! And great! The more the merrier :)
I'l upload the Reshade preset later on when I get home so everyone can try it out if they want.

Lender

just duck and crop. couldn't find a freecam for sotfs.

Shame. :(

ANyway, started Unity couple of days ago. So weird. The game can look so stunning, but then again the LoD, especially for buildings in the distance, is some of the worst I've seen in a AAA game. Such a shame. These shots are 4k, but I'm playing at 1440p with everything maxed out. 4k is just not smooth enough.

Lender

Wow these looks really really great.

Nice shots. Are you using Hattiwatti's cinematic tools to take those? It's the only option for freecam I could find but after seeing the VirusTotal I was not trying to fuck with that.

This is using the cinematic tools indeed. Why are you not using it? Afraid for a virus or malware? it's just the injection exe that's giving a false flag. It's harmless. :)

And thx!

PhilGPT

Sorry for the delay, RL got in the way.

SFV - Reshade

Numpad - : Toggles Reshade on or off.
Printscreen: Takes screenshots

I'm getting black screenshots when I use Reshade to take screenshots of this game.
I couldn't get MSI Afterburner or Fraps to load (I don't know why).
I had to use a beta version of the GeForce Experience software from Nvidia to take screenshots.

24781080060_27ea0c9cde_o.jpg

Shame. :(

ANyway, started Unity couple of days ago. So weird. The game can look so stunning, but then again the LoD, especially for buildings in the distance, is some of the worst I've seen in a AAA game. Such a shame. These shots are 4k, but I'm playing at 1440p with everything maxed out. 4k is just not smooth enough.

I gave up on trying to take decent screenshots of Unity because I was getting constant crashing/horrible performance, downsampling from 4K with additional AA just wasn't enough, and it devolved into hiding the game's horribly ugly LOD and crowd characters as much as possible more than "oh, how can I take an interesting shot?"

OtisInf

Finally got it working, thanks Nick for providing the URL! Shot below isn't the best ever, but at least it looks OK. No more filmgrain, yay! ;)

24818570300_3c2807a15b_o.jpg

Nick Pal

Glad you like it, thanks! (that was hard to capture. :p) Your shot amazing too but when we are going to see Dreamfall Chapter 4 pics from you? :D
witcher3_2015_08_18_0qhxul.jpg

Heh, I love that game too and I should get back to playing it again soon. I was hoping someone might have made a free camera but no such luck I guess with these Unity games. Ciri genuinely looks sad in that pic..

Finally got it working, thanks Nick for providing the URL! Shot below isn't the best ever, but at least it looks OK. No more filmgrain, yay! ;)

24818570300_3c2807a15b_o.jpg

No problem. Thanks to GroinshooterMVP for uploading it. Looks great to me..better than my muddy shots.

I had this Witcher 3 shot lurking around in my old collection.

witcher32016-02-1317-04sjn.jpg

Lender

I gave up on trying to take decent screenshots of Unity because I was getting constant crashing/horrible performance, downsampling from 4K with additional AA just wasn't enough, and it devolved into hiding the game's horribly ugly LOD and crowd characters as much as possible more than "oh, how can I take an interesting shot?"

Yeah, the LoD is just atrocious. How can this be for such a title in a game like this, which should thrive on the amount of detail in the world. Other than that, Paris does look amazing though.

Is this better in Syndicate btw? Since I'm probably gonna start playing after this.

OtisInf

No problem. Thanks to GroinshooterMVP for uploading it. Looks great to me..better than my muddy shots.
:) It's actually vanilla coloring, with some lumasharpen, with some luck with the lighting! This is a bright map which helps a lot ;)

Yeah, the LoD is just atrocious. How can this be for such a title in a game like this, which should thrive on the amount of detail in the world. Other than that, Paris does look amazing though.
I looked at that amazing shot of yours and I don't see the LoD issues, details are still there in the distance too?
edit: this one
Looks fine to me?

Is this better in Syndicate btw? Since I'm probably gonna start playing after this.

No, LoD is just the same in Syndicate...maybe its even worse.

Thorgal

ffxiv_18022016_2158331sp39.jpg

Just one more week until i can take 4K shots while being able to play ( hopefully ) normaly . right now the Hud and text is so small at 4K to see /read

Sorry for the delay, RL got in the way.

SFV - Reshade

Numpad - : Toggles Reshade on or off.
Printscreen: Takes screenshots

I'm getting black screenshots when I use Reshade to take screenshots of this game.
I couldn't get MSI Afterburner or Fraps to load (I don't know why).
I had to use a beta version of the GeForce Experience software from Nvidia to take screenshots.

I've tried your settings few minutes ago but unfortunately i've got some problems. Looks like your Reshade lock frame rate at 30fps...I dont know why this happen. MSI AB still works anyway.

PhilGPT

I've tried your settings few minutes ago but unfortunately i've got some problems. Looks like your Reshade lock frame rate at 30fps...I dont know why this happen. MSI AB still works anyway.

That is strange... I just loaded it, and I'm getting 60 FPS at 1080p. I don't even think you can lock FPS with Reshade. What GPU do you have?
Since you have Afterburner working with the game, maybe its limiting your FPS? You can try turning off Deband in CustomFX.cfg in the Reshade folder. It's a bit of a performance hog.

That is strange... I just loaded it, and I'm getting 60 FPS at 1080p. I don't even think you can lock FPS with Reshade. What GPU do you have?
Since you have Afterburner working with the game, maybe its limiting your FPS? You can try turning off Deband in CustomFX.cfg in the Reshade folder. It's a bit of a performance hog.

Sli 980Ti. I'm playing at 4K @60fps, with ur Reshade the frame rate is strangely locked @30. MSI AB works fine with my previous settings but i've tried only with Sweetfx by Reshade for now.

But Ehi, that Looks good!

P.S. We feel on PM!

Top Bottom