• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

F34R

Such a poor showing up until those two goals. Zardes had a good run and the goal that was called as off-side though. Obviously it wasn't... but still.

Mory Dunz

Nagbe effed up there. After winning the ball, what was he chilling around for.

edit:
Zardes had a great turn but why was that cross in the air...

Oozer3993

Pssh, I've been hating El Salvador since before it was cool. I got in during qualifying in 2009 when El Salvador flopped so much it resulted in 8 minutes of extra time at the end of the 2nd half.

Good.

Eat it, floppers.

El Salvador reads GAF confirmed.

Cystm

These Salvadorian players are trash. Pathetic display. This ref though?Yeah, he's even more pathetic, but let him ref in Russia. Fitting.

What was with Jozy being a prick this game? Well everyone was flopping left and right.

Titty twisters can make a man lose his mind.

EDIT - Random thoughts regarding game.

So many mistakes. Defense especially.
Bradley was good. Nagbe was solid except for a few dumb giveaways.
Dempsey got better as the game went on.
Would like to see Morris and Altidore up top some more.
Not feeling Acosta.
Arriola is intriguing yet frustrating. Neo-Zardes.

Fun press conference tonight:
Brian Straus said:
Props to AP's Ron Blum, who's always well dressed and who surely just became 1st writer to use words "tug his nipple" in Gold Cup press conf
Steven Goff said:
Altidore: "My girl is mad at me. She's mad at me, she's mad at Romero. She's like ‘Only I can bite u, only I can grab your nipples.'

More Altidore: "In CONCACAF, it never ceases to amaze me. It is what it is." #usmnt
Jeff Carlisle said:
Tim Howard: "You can't go around biting people. That's crazy. [Nipple twisting], that should be allowed, but the biting, no good." #usmnt

Icolin

Banned
Canada v Jamaica

Canada starting XI:

Borjan; De Jong, Jakovic, Vitoria, Petrasso; Piette, Teibert, Arfield; Davies, Larin, Hoilett

Jamaica starting XI:

DFNnNPUUQAAn-Iq.png:large

Surprised to see Larin start, but most of Zambrano's surprising decisions in the Gold Cup have paid off. Here's to hoping this does too.

Larin not being stranded on an island playing Floroball is an exciting prospect.

Top Bottom