• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

Icolin

Banned
Maybe it would've been a good idea to have started Manjrekar James so we had some speed at the back to deal with the quickest team in the competition. Just a thought.

zroid

Banned
Davies makes me feel emotions I didn't know I was capable of

Larin you BUM

edit: the defending on that goal was fifteen kinds of awful, but we do look pretty good aside from that. I like our chances...

Icolin

Banned
When your goalkeeper has more pace than your centre backs, you know you have a problem.

It's been a defensive gong show, and we're so indecisive in attack and possession.

Bring on James to bring some pace to the defence, and bring on Bernier to bring calmness in the middle of the park. I'm fine with Larin staying on or coming off; doesn't really matter to me.

mreddie

Visual rep of CAN-JAM
146191db0434fea9ec374b47c5984d96.800x800x1.jpg

ZZMitch

Went to a bar with some friends here in Kingston to watch the game! Poor Canada...

Unfortunately I am speaking of the Canadian city, not the Jamaican capital... would rather be there haha.

Jamaica v. Canada was a good game, especially the second half.

The Mexico v. Honduras was ruined when Mexico scored in the 3rd minute. Then we got the pleasure of watching Honduras futility of offense for 87 minutes. Meh.

Hoping Jamaica v. Mexico will actually be a good game this time.

I fully expect USA v. Costa Rica to be a boring match. Likely a rugged 1-0 US win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jamaica v. Canada was a good game, especially the second half.

The Mexico v. Honduras was ruined when Mexico scored in the 3rd minute. Then we got the pleasure of watching Honduras futility of offense for 87 minutes. Meh.

Hoping Jamaica v. Mexico will actually be a good game this time.

I fully expect USA v. Costa Rica to be a boring match. Likely a rugged 1-0 US win.

If Jamaica has learned how to finish they could cause Mexico a ton of problems. Only reason Jamaica lost to Mexico in the Copa is they had a blind striker who couldn't shoot straight if his life and the life of everyone he ever cared about depended on it. Damn shame for them BWP never went through with the FIFA paperwork, Jamaica could be a regional powerhouse if they had someone who could finish.

Icolin

Banned
If Jamaica has learned how to finish they could cause Mexico a ton of problems. Only reason Jamaica lost to Mexico in the Copa is they had a blind striker who couldn't shoot straight if his life and the life of everyone he ever cared about depended on it. Damn shame for them BWP never went through with the FIFA paperwork, Jamaica could be a regional powerhouse if they had someone who could finish.

Mattocks can't do shit at the club level, but is a solid finisher for Jamaica. Certainly not BWP levels of finishing though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mattocks can't do shit at the club level, but is a solid finisher for Jamaica. Certainly not BWP levels of finishing though.

It was Donaldson at the Copa if memory serves. I remember screaming at the TV a couple of times in the second-half and not just for the no-call on the penalty.

EDIT: A fast team can expose Mexico down the flanks, so this next match could be a lot of fun to watch.

Top Bottom