• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Filben

Was about to post some Hellblade screenshots. I reckon I just leave it and wait a bit :) The art direction really is something.

208650_2015-11-05_000hks6d.png

208650_20160320160831qis6h.png

By the end of the screenshot hype surrounding Hellblade, everyone will know every single pore of her face by heart. :$
She is a very nicely done character though.

OtisInf

By the end of the screenshot hype surrounding Hellblade, everyone will know every single pore of her face by heart. :$
She is a very nicely done character though.

Heh yeah had the same thought. What surprises me though is that the emotions/expressions in DET's shots are almost nowhere to be seen in the shots here or on flickr, which is a missed chance IMHO as there's in general barely a lot of emotion/expression in game characters' faces.

Pjsprojects

Was about to post some Hellblade screenshots but it looks like the game is getting some great coverage already lol.

Fantastic pics guys,I dread to think what fps your getting at 6&8k

Really getting an Aloy vibe on the character.

Somehow I'm getting really heavy Ryse vibes from this game.

Well, I absolutely hated Ryse and couldn't stand to play more than an hour of it. So far, I'm really into Hellblade and wish I had more time to play it. So... they are very much different :)

One complaint I have about Hellblade though is that it takes control away from you a LOT. So far I'd say it's about 50% watching, 40% walking\jogging, and 10% fighting.

People are screenshotting it to death but for a good reason. It just looks unreal in motion.

Heh yeah had the same thought. What surprises me though is that the emotions/expressions in DET's shots are almost nowhere to be seen in the shots here or on flickr, which is a missed chance IMHO as there's in general barely a lot of emotion/expression in game characters' faces.

Her emotional expressions during the cut scenes are crazy good. I think a lot of people get too involved in watching the cut scenes to enter photo mode (which can take a while and break up the narrative).

I know which scene this one was from, but I was way too enthralled to stop for screenshots :p

All these Hellblade shots and the launch trailer and the reviews are really making me want to drop the $30 on Steam for it... but I have like 90 other games to play.

Arrrrghghghghhhggg. Wait for sale or dive in?

Filben

Mafia 3 can look great. Smoother edges on those screenshtos would be a nice plus, though. I think I will return one day to New Bordeaux just as like I returned to Lost Heaven.

Nick Pal

I'm sold on Mafia 3's visuals having seen Lime's and R8TEDM3's shots. I'm so surprised after reading complaint after complaint on the net about how shitty it looks overall. Great art style too. I hope they're releasing patches for the bugs/glitches. Just need the price to drop for the North American version...lucky Europeans can get it for only 7 euros!

Lime

mafia32017-05-1013-16j5jhe.jpg

mafia32017-05-1013-19p8jm3.jpg

Mafia 3 can look great. Smoother edges on those screenshtos would be a nice plus, though. I think I will return one day to New Bordeaux just as like I returned to Lost Heaven.

I'm sold on Mafia 3's visuals having seen Lime's and R8TEDM3's shots. I'm so surprised after reading complaint after complaint on the net about how shitty it looks overall. Great art style too. I hope they're releasing patches for the bugs/glitches. Just need the price to drop for the North American version...lucky Europeans can get it for only 7 euros!

It is a very gorgeous game, at least in terms of lighting imo, so it keeps the tradition of Mafia 2's amazing lighting.

In order to avoid the blurry AA filter though, you have to use a lot of LumaSharpening via Reshade/SweetFX and set the AA option in the game to its lowest. Using Reshade has also resulted in the occasional crash for me, so expect a little bit of frustration when playing the game.

Nick Pal

It is a very gorgeous game, at least in terms of lighting imo, so it keeps the tradition of Mafia 2's amazing lighting.

In order to avoid the blurry AA filter though, you have to use a lot of LumaSharpening via Reshade/SweetFX and set the AA option in the game to its lowest. Using Reshade has also resulted in the occasional crash for me, so expect a little bit of frustration when playing the game.

Yeah lighting and reflections look real nice.Thanks for the tips and I'll be sure to use reshade. You've done a good job in getting it to look clean.

Top Bottom