• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24 reboot will be a 'total reset' with new characters, no Jack Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowdive

Banned
A reboot of 24 is still in development, according to Fox chairman and CEO Gary Newman, who offered an update to reporters during the network’s summer press tour.

Manny Coto and Evan Katz are writing the script, with longtime 24 producer Howard Gordon supervising. Though the network hasn’t seen the script yet, Newman said it will center on a new character in the absence of of Jack Bauer. Not that they didn’t try.

“Obviously we would love to have Kiefer [Sutherland] and we went to him first,” said Newman. “It isn’t something he wants to do at this point, but he encouraged us to continue and look for a way to bring the show back.” The network has been weighing the possibility of a Kiefer-less 24 since January.

The familiar clock will be chiming once again in the new series, but as for familiar characters, Newman admitted, “Honestly I don’t know whether we’ll see any old characters or not. It would not surprise me if it’s a total reset in terms of the characters.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/06/24-reboot-details?hootPostID=ef2d58a3af5ad5f49a887b0d17833d7f

I think the concept is strong enough to where you could make a viable show based around it with different characters.

However, it'll flop because to most people Jack Bauer is 24

Lyonaz

Why not use Yvonne Strahovski's character for the new Bauer-type character? That way they can always have room for a Jack Bauer cameo/return.

sarcastor

I am a big fan of 24 and I don't mind this cause if you keep using the same characters over and over, you're gonna get into more stupid and asinine situations.

Start over fresh. with new characters, you will get new ideas.

Just no more moles. Or mountain lions.

No Jack Bauer

JackSeizure.gif

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Might as well make a whole different show....24 without Bauer? DO NOT WANT

Meier

Fuck off with this nonsense then. It needs to have a new name like CSI Whatever, because this won't be 24 without Jack.

With that being said....I'll probably give it a shot if the cast is decent.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Make 25 episodes and make the finale about the Dark Hour.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I feel like 24 could massively benefit from a reboot done right. The show had kinda become a parody of itself in later seasons.

Sober

I am a big fan of 24 and I don't mind this cause if you keep using the same characters over and over, you're gonna get into more stupid and asinine situations.

Start over fresh. with new characters, you will get new ideas.

Just no more moles. Or mountain lions.
On one hand this, on the other hand, the classic 24 tropes if done well are usually fun to watch or hilarious to watch unfold.

I need my Jack Bauer power hour.

anything else is not 24.

the reaction by audience will be the same as how they reacted to Bourne legacy without Jason Bourne. people were like WTF is this.

Sober

Would rather they maybe work off Yvonne Strahovski's character last season as she can definitely pull off the role. I would rather they just keep continuity with the current seasons rather than a hard reboot with no chance for the older Bauer + friends to make cameos or returns.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jack Bauer is the only reason I watched 24.

Some characters are just carrying a show. No matter how good a show is, those characters are crucial for a show's success. Same goes for Ari Gold in Entourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom