• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24 reboot will be a 'total reset' with new characters, no Jack Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Keifer was all in for more 24, and they practically set up another season with the end of Live Another Day and that special Tony scene on the bluray.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Drop the Jack Bauer, skip the James Bond, pass the Jason Bourne, and go in an entirely new direction with bold choice for JB: Jack Burton.

geomon

post-27828-whatever-dude-whatever-gif-Pea-VjyF.gif

Dalek

I'm fine with this. Just do something with the real-time gimmick. The show is called 24, not Jack Bauer.

I hope they keep the main character as a nearly one man(woman) army. If I wanted to watch something more serious I'd watch the first season of Homeland. Just the first, the rest turned the series into a mess.

I thought Keifer was all in for more 24, and they practically set up another season with the end of Live Another Day and that special Tony scene on the bluray.

I think he wanted A LOT more money for another go, and Fox is willing to bet we'll still watch a Jack-less 24. Even if ratings drop they can still make a profit with cheaper actors

Aselith

I hope they keep the main character as a nearly one-man(woman)-army. If I wanted to watch something more serious I'd watch the first season of Homeland. Just the first, the rest turned the series into a mess.

Or you could watch the first few seasons of 24

Newlove

The format is unique and strong enough to get me a little optimistic about a new start acknowledging Bauer's existence. They need to think real hard about who could retain Kiefer's pure badassery and screen presence.

StayDead

Please no. They've used so many stories that work perfectly for 24 that they started to repeat themselves. Having new characters will not change that.

Jack Bauer is 24 to me :(

Would rather they maybe work off Yvonne Strahovski's character last season as she can definitely pull off the role. I would rather they just keep continuity with the current seasons rather than a hard reboot with no chance for the older Bauer + friends to make cameos or returns.

This

24 without Bauer = a no go for me.
If they're gonna go with a new character for the reboot, it'd better be a very good character who can deliver the same awesomeness as Kiefer did. I don't think any other character can remotely come close to that, but the only name that pops up is Kate Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom