• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Do they not do organized/numbered launches in Europe? I don't think any store here made people race to the death to get their system.

xe8cd.gif

First guy got out untouched. Second got out just getting brushed by the third. Third got mauled with everyone else.

Kamal007

Neo Member
Why don't they just hand out tickets or something? These are multi-billion dollar companies, they are really gonna make it a 100 yard dash?

inner-G

Banned
Do they not do organized/numbered launches in Europe? I don't think any store here made people race to the death to get their system.
Yeah, I was at a midnight launch with no preorder and it was nothing like that. They let us in a few at a time and we paid ahead of release, getting a slip to pick up a system at 12:00.

It's weird. If they are that desperate/committed, why not just preorder?

Btw do you think those are actually your average Neogaf-type hardcore users? I would bet that many of them are actually the more casual gamer CoD crowd. Makes their effort even more weird for me, I really want the PS4 but I will just wait for my bundle to release, no way I would participate in such a frenzy (with even just a small-ish chance of getting it).

It's weird. If they are that desperate/committed, why not just preorder?

A lot of stores cut off pre-orders pretty early and then were given a small number for customers that didn't pre-order. So that's what this is likely about. It's not surprising that it's like this in Europe where there are reports that if you didn't pre-order then you probably won't be able to get one until February. So this was the last chance.

xclaw

Insane.... the retailers are just asking for it with that setup. When I grabbed mine they had them all behind the counter and had to line up at the till in a civilized manner.

Just having them standing there is asking for this. Although almost seems intentional considering they're filming it too.

Sakujou

Banned
i thought all the years this would only happen in the us.

no this is the first time seeing something like this in europe/GERMANY!!!! unbelievable.

plain shocked.

i suppose some ppl have injuries as well as some of them look really violently and desperately running for a ps4....

Sad. And any store allowing free for all entry should be sued up the asshole. Seriously how dumb of a manager do you have to be to not spend 5 minutes handing out numbered tickets to people in line and do a controlled entry of about 10-20 people at a time?

I don't understand how stores let this happen? Is it really too hard to plan some sort of ticket system instead of letting everyone run at a pile at once?

Concerning Media Markt in Germany:
If you called them, they told you they would have either 0 or "about 5" consoles. That was their plan. They didn't want that many people to come so they didn't expect it.

I talked to the store manager there in Munich, guess he still doesn't realize what happened 18 hours ago.

Never saw such excitement/craziness for the XB1 or even the NA PS launch. Really makes me appreciate the way it's done in the states with separate lines and tickets. Still, seeing the craze over a console puts a smile on my face after hearing such a melancholy tone about them before they were announced.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
In other words, this is like the greatest thing ever for the European PS team, eh?

LOLDSFAN

On one hand this looks pretty pathetic and sad, but on the other it looks fun and exciting. I wouldn't mind being one of the guys in front sprinting to get that box.

4 guys back? No thanks. :p

Replicant

Like I said before, who actually thought that letting the mob run lose was a great idea? I know they didn't pre-ordered but that shouldn't have stopped those stores from running a ticket system so that they'd lessen damages to the stores and merchandises.

animation1aoputl.gif

First guy who got there is an asshole, doesnt even grab a console just starts pushing people and consoles. Looks like he got crushed as well so lol at him.

that kid in blue with the lettering on the back of his shirt must of been having multiple oh shit moments because if you keep an eye on him he is turned around and then crushed against the rest of the boxes. Lord knows how long that lasted before he finally got out of there.

Top Bottom