• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS System Update Live (Streetpass DLC games, digital game save backups)

Richie

Also got this Streetpass puzzle:

iOzbXWlOXitGz.JPG

From 295 coins to this for all blue pieces lol

Holy Hell, I had a horrible vision of Nintendo doing this as a start of a new brand in the line of Disney's Princesses.

IrishNinja

literally 1 hat away from finishing find mii 2/secret quest, then never going back and watching that dumb unskippable text again after 10 freakin times

plus i should use my coins on uh...i dunno, duplicate puzzle pieces, or something for AC? maybe soul hackers? there's gotta be better uses than wasting them in dark rooms

Nintendo 'fixing' StreetPass in the West.
For new page and so peeps can read up on.

ah, so this might be that framework, you think? really hoping this gets started soon! cons/etc are my rare only chances at pink pieces as it is

K' Dash

Same here! It's my only digital game. The res are cartridge. A game like ACNL is desperate to be backed up.

Need a explanation for this.

The most fucking important game to take advantage of this feature and it's excluded, fucking idiotic if you ask me, typical Nintendo.

Alfredo

I feel the best way to fix StreetPass would be to remove the limit of 10 StreetPasses at a time. Pretty much the only viable way to get StreetPasses around here is at cons of special events like the Zelda Symphony. You get tons of StreetPasses, but having to deal with them 10 at a time or risk losing additional StreetPasses sucks.

It'd be nice if they got rid of the limit and just let you stockpile StreetPasses 'til the end of the day, and then deal with them at your leisure.

NO

FUCKING NO

NO

I LOST

MY 120 HOUR

MONSTER HUNTER FILE TRYING TO BACK IT UP

THREE DAYS AGO

OH MY GOD

Damn, man. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That's some rough shit to go through right there.

Regarding the update - Still no account system? I know it's due out this year, but it just feels like Nintendo have been saying they'll roll it out for ages.

ffdgh

literally 1 hat away from finishing find mii 2/secret quest, then never going back and watching that dumb unskippable text again after 10 freakin times

plus i should use my coins on uh...i dunno, duplicate puzzle pieces, or something for AC? maybe soul hackers? there's gotta be better uses than wasting them in dark rooms

Isn't it convenient how the mii color you need is so common everywhere else yet in those rooms they become stupid rare?

corn_fest

I feel the best way to fix StreetPass would be to remove the limit of 10 StreetPasses at a time. Pretty much the only viable way to get StreetPasses around here is at cons of special events like the Zelda Symphony. You get tons of StreetPasses, but having to deal with them 10 at a time or risk losing additional StreetPasses sucks.

It'd be nice if they got rid of the limit and just let you stockpile StreetPasses 'til the end of the day, and then deal with them at your leisure.

Woah, hold up. So that is actually how it works? I'd been wondering...
So those people that go to conventions and stuff and get hundreds of StreetPasses... they're all checking their 3DSs and playing all of the minigames every ten passes before they can get any more? What the fuck? Who has time to do that when you're in the middle of a con or something?

FSLink

Banned
So those people that go to conventions and stuff and get hundreds of StreetPasses... they're all checking their 3DSs and playing all of the minigames every ten passes before they can get any more? What the fuck? Who has time to do that when you're in the middle of a con or something?

Exactly why people want it changed. It's annoying having to check the 3DS every half hour or so to clear it.

GulAtiCa

Well, you don't have to do the minigames, just check puzzles and continue.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
But you could backup saves anyway. Just copy the content of the SD card to your PC. The .sav game save files for DD games were under the \..\..\..\title\.. folders.

e.g. .\Nintendo 3DS\2759ad88e6b3404de0152b033419088b\227300bb641019304e43617200734247\title\00040000\00042a00\data

My 4yo accidentally deleted our Luigi's Mansion game save while on holiday. I'd backed up the SD card before leaving, and was able to recover it when we got back home.

Yeah, I did this too when I upgraded my SD card and noticed that my saves weren't working. Guess this just makes it easier for people.

Penguin

I find it comes in handy while waiting on line really.

But yeah it can be annoying

Moosehole

For some reason I want a 3DS real bad right now. If I could find a better deal on an XL I'd probably break down and do it.

Pixe

Developer
StreetPass Squad: Good-Feel
StreetPass Garden: GREZZO
StreetPass Battle: Spike Chunsoft
StreetPass Mansion: PROPE

Tiktaalik

Where the hell is the account system? I am not buying anything on your stupid online service until there's an account system. Nintendo are you listening???

That Street Pass Battle one looks like fun.

When you streetpass someone EVERYONE from their plaza joins your army.

Will buy it when the plaza doesn't crash.

Hero

Huh, interesting. Kind of lame we don't get the DLC SP games in NA but that's understandable that they would want to reroll it with the new implementation later this year.

I also wish the StreetPass tag limit wasn't 10 at a time. When I go to conventions I have to check it constantly. Wish it were 30 or 40 at a time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where the hell is the account system? I am not buying anything on your stupid online service until there's an account system. Nintendo are you listening???
Quite surprised anyone is buying digital with their idiotic system, or lack thereof TBH.

There was a Club Nintendo survey recently in Japan asking what I thought of the 10 people limit and so on.

Developer
StreetPass Squad: Good-Feel
StreetPass Garden: GREZZO
StreetPass Battle: Spike Chunsoft
StreetPass Mansion: PROPE

Interesting

Slermy

So with the Street Pass update, did they add maps for more regions? That always bothered me: to get a new region but not a map to go with it.

HOW WILL THE KIDS LEARN GEOGRAPHY?

LOLDSFAN

Should come in handy in the future if I ever need free space and can delete the game file and not worry about the save data.

Ah but I can't backup where it counts (AC:NL). Oh well...

Cody_D165

Banned

Usually when I'm at a con it's a nice way to kill time in lines. I just pull out the 3DS while I'm waiting in line for a panel room to open or something, get puzzle pieces and run through Find Mii, then by the time that's done I have 10 more passes.

jercruz

I got the 'NSMB U + New Super Luigi U' puzzle piece and pixel mario hat.

I'll update my other 3ds and hopefully i'll get a different puzzle piece.

EDIT: I'm in australia and the option to buy the DLC still fails.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's a FAMICOM HAT?!?

Damn it, Find Mii 2, why can't you give me such awesome hats?!

That's in the US version, right? Or is that just the replacement for the NES hat that we got? Either way, I wish I could obtain a hat with a system on it.

Top Bottom