• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS XL Circle Pad Pro on Nintendo's Site

the second nub should have been included

it should be capactive not resistive

can the 3ds even run ue3

another stinker nintendo, just pack it up, its time to go third party
because i secretly desperately want to play your games without having to get over my faux gamer pride and buy a nintendo system

you, know, that could've been less transparent.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I am convinced the Circle Pad Pro was made at the behest of Capcom, and that was the price Nintendo had to pay in order to get MonHun exclusivity.

Still looks terrible. Thankfully, there's still zero games that actually require it.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Mgs3, rssident evil and kingdom hearts are games you should try at some stage.

If it didn't benefit those games, it wouldn't exist.
MGS3 is still pretty bad with the CPP, Kojima prod didn't even bother putting in the option to control it like on the PS2 for some godawful reason

RER is great with it tho

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nintendo wastes so much fossil fuels on making these plastic doohickeys.

And once upon a time all accessory packaging used to be in recyclable cardboard. Now it's in shit plastic that is not allowed in our recycle bins.

Eric C

reivR.png

Not that bad

About what I expected... a Giant CPP

I like how it has an angle compared to the original CPP, should be easier to hit the abxy buttons, not that it was really hard before.

IrishNinja

yeah, i guess id wait to see if they do another 3rd party battery pack + CPP and make it a bit sleeker, at least.

then again, i can't be interested unless i see more games supporting it. not gonna do KH or MGS, already beat RE:R and KIU, so that leaves Monster Hunter, doesn't it?

I still have no clue why they couldn't have it fit over the massive space between the ABXY and power button. Just means you wouldn't be able to close the XL whilst using it.

Anyway; it's used for like, 4 games, and they're all playable without it.

MGS3 is still pretty bad with the CPP, Kojima prod didn't even bother putting in the option to control it like on the PS2 for some godawful reason

RER is great with it tho
Why on earth would you want to control it like the PS2 version? The 3DS version, even without a CPP, controls far better.

Iceberg

What I want is a Mario Kart Wheel for the 3DS XL. Any plans Hori releases an updated accesory like the one for the original 3DS?

Holding the 3DS with the Mario Kart Wheel is quite more comfortable for my hands.

I don't care about size :p

It might not be pretty but the original CPP was more comfortable to hold than the handheld would have been with the buttons / stick built into the smaller form factor... It essentially made it feel like a home console controller, which I think was probably the entire point of it which apparently flew over everybodys head.

I'll be picking it up, definitely.

Pezking

Finally.

I want to play "Resident Evil: Revelations" badly, but I don't want to start it without the XL Circle Pad Pro.

IrishNinja

Why on earth would you want to control it like the PS2 version? The 3DS version, even without a CPP, controls far better.

is this a serious post? i thought MGS3D, without CPP, controlled like Peace Walker on PSP - buttons are used as a camera/2nd stick of sorts. if so, that's horrible man.

Rootbeer

Banned
if it stays at the $20 price point i'll probably pick one up as an impulse buy... I barely got to use my original CPP because I upgraded to a 3DS XL about 2 months after I got it... kinda miss it for KH.

Nemesis_

Mgs3, rssident evil and kingdom hearts are games you should try at some stage.

If it didn't benefit those games, it wouldn't exist.

If they didn't benefit, you wouldn't have used it.

Not sure what either of you are implying - I review games and it's my JOB to actually test these things out with the games.

The only real use that is actually a REQUIREMENT is probably Kid Icarus if you're left handed.

I forgot about MGS to be honest - but KH and RE are both fine without it though I guess those games it just becomes a matter of opinion.

is this a serious post? i thought MGS3D, without CPP, controlled like Peace Walker on PSP - buttons are used as a camera/2nd stick of sorts. if so, that's horrible man.
Yeah, and it's fine. I'll take aiming whilst moving, crouch walking and the other various improvements at the expense of analogue aiming any day. Just a shame about the framerate, otherwise it'd be far and away the best version.

I wish it was more like a clip, just clip it on underneath the face buttons, and have a little loose wire that went from it to where ever the circle pad pro normally plugs in, it doesnt need to sit in it at all.

For what games? I still haven't seen a 3DS game in the need of a second circle pad.

It's a nice option for Resident Evil, and it undoubtedly makes MGS3D play better - but that's about it. I'd like more games to use it as an option personally... I think Luigi's Mansion would be cool with a second stick. It definitely needs to be playable without though.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I got to play around with a 3DS XL and I'm still confused why Nintendo did not put a second circle pad on the system. This just looks ridiculous.

Because they know they can get everyone to buy an XL without one, and then save the dual circle pad feature for the second revision, thus making more money.

Nemesis_

It's a nice option for Resident Evil, and it undoubtedly makes MGS3D play better - but that's about it. I'd like more games to use it as an option personally... I think Luigi's Mansion would be cool with a second stick. It definitely needs to be playable without though.

MGS3D is probably the only game I can recount where it actually improved the experience.

Top Bottom