• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Guys 1UP: 02/26/2010

We're recording on the road once again. Joining us this week from Japan is John Riccardi and Mark MacDonald from 8-4, Shane Bettenhausen from Ignition Entertainment, and 1UP executive editor, Matt Leone. There's plenty to talk about this week with Nintendo's summer release announcements for Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M. We also go a little further in talking about Nintendo's rumored new consoles along with what Sony can do to shore up their handheld division. Rounding things out we lament about the edits made to the US version of Yakuza 3, and we all gang up on Mark about the splendor of Heavy Rain. (29.5 MB) - Length: 1:04:12

iTunes: Yes
Download: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect...he1upnetwork.com/flat/1UPYours/4G1U022610.mp3
Source: http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3176640

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet! Love it when podcasts are up earlyish!

Shane is doing the Lord's work with his new job; bringing over weird Japanese games that otherwise might not make it over. Will listen.

john tv

You know, it felt like 2 hours when we were recording it -- must've been all the chu-his and chocolate flavored beer playing tricks on us.

And I stop listening post "who gives a shit about Sin & Punishment"
fdu0pg.gif

Firestorm

I might need to skip the Heavy Rain talk. Is it the very last thing? Trying to go in completely clean and I'm not far yet.

Firestorm said:
I might need to skip the Heavy Rain talk. Is it the very last thing? Trying to go in completely clean and I'm not far yet.
I'm 41 mins in and no heavy rain talk yet. Will post time stamp when they start.

Edit: Heavy Rain talk starts 43:45, potential spoilers afterwards

The theme music Ellis picked for 4 Guys 1 UP always reminds me of something that would play as transition music in an episode of Walker: Texas Ranger.

I'm honestly not trying to be funny; it really does remind me of it.

Has something happened to the 4G1U podcast feed? Zune Marketplace hasn't updated since the 2/12 podcast.

Other 1up podcasts from the marketplace are working fine (up through yesterday's ATB).

Yeah, shame Ellis is the host. Completely outclassed by the others, he makes the Yakuza 3 segment barely listenable. Dunno why I listened, should have known.

Firestorm

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
I'm 41 mins in and no heavy rain talk yet. Will post time stamp when they start.

Edit: Heavy Rain talk starts 43:45, potential spoilers afterwards
When does it finish? Or does it go 'til the end?

vocab

I'm not buying Yakuza 3. I don't give a shit if sales depends if 4 is coming or not. You fuck with the game, you won't get my money.

Top Bottom