• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Guys 1UP: 02/26/2010

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Hostesses not being in Y3 in the US is a bummer indeed.. :|

How is the situation with the EU version, btw?

androvsky

Quasar said:
So is the Heavy Rain talk spoilery?

There's one bit that Shane spit out that everyone else complained was a spoiler... I skipped a bunch after that to get to the Yakuza 3 discussion (totally not worth it), so yeah, I think I can say it's spoilery.

GhaleonQ

Preface: I'm not going after Heavy Rain here.

Again, David, you've mentioned how excited you've been during certain matches on the Sports Anomaly. I'm sure horror games or platformers or shooter campaigns/multiplayer or what-have-you have done the same. If Heavy Rain did something specific, please develop a way to explain the difference for next week.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
GhaleonQ said:
Preface: I'm not going after Heavy Rain here.

Again, David, you've mentioned how excited you've been during certain matches on the Sports Anomaly. I'm sure horror games or platformers or shooter campaigns/multiplayer or what-have-you have done the same. If Heavy Rain did something specific, please develop a way to explain the difference for next week.

We're actually planning to play through the game with the community, backlog-style probably starting next week.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SecretBonusPoint said:
And I stop listening post "who gives a shit about Sin & Punishment"
fdu0pg.gif

So that's why they didn't want me on the podcast :(

Barrett2

john tv said:
You know, it felt like 2 hours when we were recording it -- must've been all the chu-his and chocolate flavored beer playing tricks on us.

Japan just got even weirder according to my understanding. My god....

dekjo

lawblob said:
Japan just got even weirder according to my understanding. My god....

It isn't a Japanese thing and actually isn't that bad if you can enjoy a stout.

111043581_86e86345fd.jpg

Or are they talking about something more like:

Yoo-Hoo%20Chocolate%20Drink.jpg
+
PBR+can.jpg

+1 for Mark MacDonald love. That guy was the secret best thing about 1UP Yours back in the day, he was awesome every single time he was on. Looking forward to listening.

eznark

Banned
I can't believe with this excellent line up you were still able to turn it into the David Ellis Show featuring David Ellis and the David Ellis Band. Man, and you were getting so good the past few weeks, too...

StuBurns

Banned
eznark said:
I can't believe with this excellent line up you were still able to turn it into the David Ellis Show featuring David Ellis and the David Ellis Band. Man, and you were getting so good the past few weeks, too...
I'm not even sure what this complaint is, you're not happy that Ellis is the host? He didn't seem to talk more than anyone else. A few weeks ago he pretty much completely let Garnett run the show.

I really enjoyed the show this week, and am looking forward to the long overdue 8-4 podcast, although they've been talking about it for a couple of years now, so how soon it'll actually be is a bit of a mystery.

dekjo said:
It isn't a Japanese thing and actually isn't that bad if you can enjoy a stout.

111043581_86e86345fd.jpg
A fellow Portland Gaffer, by chance?

Guys, the reason the theme song sounds like a cheesey TV intro is because David's friend who makes cheesey TV music made it. I think of it as 4Guys1Up Nights: Miami.

Rodhull

Kinda surprised people still focus on the music so much. It's not like gaming podcasts are exactly overflowing with classic theme music. 1upyours and ListenUP in particular weren't very memorable at all.

Balb

Great to hear Mark MacDonald again, aka the voice of reason.

It's also pretty obvious when Ellis isn't interested in something, as this particular episode shows. :p

dLMN8R

Going into this podcast, I was excited to hear that Mark was on.

After finishing the podcast, my god I couldn't possibly be happier that that was a one-time appearance. Was it possible for him to be more self-assuredly wrong more often on the show?

Great episode overall, but my god it seemed like every single thing Mark said made me feel dumber as the show went on.

john tv

dLMN8R said:
Going into this podcast, I was excited to hear that Mark was on.

After finishing the podcast, my god I couldn't possibly be happier that that was a one-time appearance. Was it possible for him to be more self-assuredly wrong more often on the show?

Great episode overall, but my god it seemed like every single thing Mark said made me feel dumber as the show went on.
Err, wha? Wrong about what?

dLMN8R

john tv said:
Err, wha? Wrong about what?
Honestly I don't remember specifics because it all seemed so ridiculous. All I remember is that basically everything he said about sales predictions, game impressions, expectations, etc. was totally off-base and absurd.

I think maybe he's taking exception to Mark and his FF XIII remarks. I dunno. But maybe that's it. It did seem like a silly thing for Mark to start smacking wise on XIII's linearity. For me, XIII's in line with the Final Fantasy's of years past - like FF X. That was a damn linear game, but it was also a pretty great game too. But then again, I'm sure Mark was playing with Shane more than anything else.

john tv

dLMN8R said:
Honestly I don't remember specifics because it all seemed so ridiculous. All I remember is that basically everything he said about sales predictions, game impressions, expectations, etc. was totally off-base and absurd.
(shrug) Can't really say much if you don't have any examples. He seemed pretty on target to me.

dLMN8R

I'm not the slightest bit interested in FFXIII, so that's definitely not it.

Just a bunch of little things that didn't sit right at all with me, sorry for bringing it up without any examples to explain my problem with it. The Yakuza justifications (no, I don't have any interest in that series either), some of his comments on the PSP (no, I don't own one).

Nothing to do with my own personal biases, I'm just sick in general of people making blanket assertions so often, so sure of themselves, regardless of how specifically accurate things may be.

tino

Banned
OK Mark, tell me what facebook friendfeed friendster accounts I have to follow in order to make this GaiginCast happen. :D

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
tino said:
OK Mark, tell me what facebook friendfeed friendster accounts I have to follow in order to make this GaiginCast happen. :D

I'm hoping they go with YaoiCast myself. Seems to match the vibe they're going for. :)

This is an example of jetlag posting at 3:30am.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Good episode but David needs to give Shane a cheeky slap for the Heavy Rain spoilers, definitely skip the HR section if you haven't played the game yet.

Anyway thanks for another great show.

seady

The game they were looking at - most likely Metal Gear Solid Rising I guess?

Konami is the only publisher that invite American press all the way to Japan to look at their games.

Top Bottom