• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Guys 1UP: 03/19/2010

Empty

Edgeward said:
1up needs to have Parish in everything.

The glorious Parish takeover of 1UP is progressing, though. He now controls three of their podcasts, with his underling Ray in charge of another.

Listening now. I think Parish is awesome, he's been my favorite 1UP staff member since I discovered the site.. But I'd rather him stick to the twin glories that are Retronauts and Active Time Babble if he has to choose between them and 4Guys1UP.

Dare I say that 1UP should just let this show go softly into the night, only live on in our memories? Especially since Garnett will start confirming our weekends again in a few short weeks...

Parish said:
"It feels like the [God of War] games were put together as some 14 year old's vision of a revenge fantasy... I don't want to be in control of a guy who reaches into something else's skull and pulls out bits of it."
Pshaw... How else do you propose we teach today's youth about bare-hands-only decapitation and thumb-to-eye gouging induced by irrational, long term rage-aholism?

Nert

Yay Jeremy; boo retaining that title.

I don't care if it makes business sense to continue to build up a brand and gradually gain a consistent following, I want them to change it again right now to make me happy.

Lunchbox

Banned
AmericanNinja said:
Jeremy Parish, Matt Leone, Jade Kraus, and Mike Nelson discuss the week's news and releases, and David Cage and Stig Asmussen talk about Heavy Rain

welp....done with this podcast permanently

need garnetts new show quick

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
What's the name of Garnett's new podcast and when does that start? Not trying to derail, I just can't find the answer.

JWong said:
When did he say he was doing it? I desperately need his babies.

From GameFly/ShackNews annoucement:
GameFly, Inc. today announced the upcoming launch of Shacknews.com’s new podcast Weekend Confirmed: The Video Game Show hosted by Garnett Lee, GameFly Media Editorial Director. Jeff Cannata of The Totally Rad Show and Shacknews’ own Brian Leahy round out the cast. Each week, the cast will provide their take on the latest video games, news, and hot topics, with special guests from the world of video games making featured appearances on each show. Weekend Confirmed debuts on Friday March 26th, and will be available for download from Shacknews.com and other popular podcast sources every Friday at 4 PM ET, just in time for the evening commute.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Will give it a listen later, just please don't infect this podcast with Sharkey like you've done to a few of the other shows you have running.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
MattyGrovesOrMe said:

Thanks, sounds really great. I can't wait for it. Last week I realized just how much Garnett made 1up yours. He's a goof, but he's a great host and entertaining even when he's making a tool of himself...which is honestly a big part of his charm.

Tobor

This is exactly why Parish is perfect. Garnett will handle the dudebro stuff on his show. Why would do we need every show to be identical?

see5harp

Tobor said:
This is exactly why Parish is perfect. Garnett will handle the dudebro stuff on his show. Why would do we need every show to be identical?

You're a nerd.....but I agree with you.

Lunchbox

Banned
MattyGrovesOrMe said:

WEEKENDS REDEEMED

hockey_w_09_celebrate.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, Parish said he was only doing it for a week anyway... but yeah, at this point, it's just another episode of @1up it seems.

A Jeff Canata podcast sounds awesome though. He's pretty much the main reason why I still watch Totally Rad Show.

Top Bottom