• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6th annual Nintendo World Report charity drive for Child Play Goal: $6,000

Tripon

If you like to donate to Child Play, please click here.

You can listen to the livecast here!

It's time again for the Nintendo World Report live podcast in support of Child's Play. This year we've set taller goals, have a more ambitious schedule, and are planning more twists than ever before. This all-day marathon serves one purpose: to help kids in pediatric hospitals by providing them the toys and games we all enjoy. We hope you can join us for the best thing NWR does all year.

During our 1:00 hour with Damon Baker, Nintendo of America will be matching all donations!

The Schedule:

11:30 AM Eastern - Introduction, show overview, and a live Now Playing UNLOCKED

12:00 Noon Eastern - Radio Free Nintendo Trips on the Third Dimension UNLOCKED

1:00pm Eastern - The Future of the Nindie with Daan Koopman, Neal Ronaghan, and Damon Baker, Nintendo of America senior manager of marketing and licensing UNLOCKED - Nintendo of America matches all donations during this hour!

2:00pm Eastern - Amiibo SuperChargers: The Infinity Dimension UNLOCKED

3:00pm Eastern - J&J Dream Factory LLC - A division of ChemHealth Pharmaceuticals UNLOCKED

4:00pm Eastern - Games We Love to Hate UNLOCKED

5:00pm Eastern - A Different Kind of Sonic Adventure ($2500)

6:00pm Eastern - LIVE! Radio Trivia Non-Podcast Edition! ($3000)

7:00pm Eastern - Famicast Live from Japan! with special guests John Davis of Q-Games and Cheesemeister, translator of all Nintendo's Japanese pronouncements ($3500)

8:00pm Eastern - Connectivity: Slip, Slop, Slap and Shine Get - Mario Sunshine Retrospective ($4000)

9:00pm Eastern - Nintendo News Report Presents: The Future of Nintendo ($4500)

10:00pm Eastern - Nintendo Free Radio Presents: Garage Banding - Designing A Nintendo IP After Splatoon ($5000)

11:00pm Eastern - Dinosaur Chat with Zach and Carmine ($5500)

12:00 Midnight Eastern - Shenanigans: RFN Hot Take Call-in Show ($6000)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...ual-nwr-live-podcast-telethon-for-childs-play

If you call in and participate, you can win an amiibo as well.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...ual-nwr-live-podcast-telethon-for-childs-play

Ondore

That is an illegal amount of Amiibo (illmibo?) to give away.

Hope to hear from a lot of people here today.

Weetrick

Thanks for making this thread! The NWR telethon is always a great event, for a great cause. My personal highlights are always Radio Trivia Live and anything featuring the Radio Free Nintendo (podcast) guys.

It's so cool that they got Damon Baker from Nintendo to call in. It's even cooler that Nintendo is matching donations during his appearance. I highly recommend donating. I know I will!

tim.mbp

Cheesemeister blowing up.

Edit. Semi related, but I didn't realize Billy Berghammer works at the Treehouse until he was on that Splatoon stream.

Looks like I woke up at just the right time to have my donation matched.

NWR has kept me sane every Monday for a long time while I work two jobs so tossing a little money at their charity drive is the least I can do.

Weetrick

Just donated! So awesome that Nintendo is matching my contribution.
Feels good to help, especially during the Holidays. For the kids!

Effect

Glad I got my donation submitted in time. Only caught the tail end of the 1pm hour but what I did hear was really good. Wonder what will happen Monday.

llehuty

I missed the beginning, but right in time for some donating.

Kind of sad that I'm going to miss great part of the end (HOT TAKES) because of time zones :/

Edit: and thanks Tripon for making the thread. Here hoping people start coming in. We had to get those strech goals (not sure if the part donated by NoA counts for the strech goals)

Tripon

I missed the beginning, but right in time for some donating.

Kind of sad that I'm going to miss great part of the end (HOT TAKES) because of time zones :/

Edit: and thanks Tripon for making the thread. Here hoping people start coming in. We had to get those strech goals (not sure if the part donated by NoA counts for the strech goals)

The donation drive is already past $6,000.

US $4,421.13 of US $6,000.00

Amount does not include $1,970.13 being matched by Nintendo of America! Thanks for their support

That is $6391.26 raised so far.

Edit: Actually, you bring up a good point, no idea if the matching donation from NOA goes to the stretch goal.

2nd: Considering that several of the stretch goals are still locked, I am guessing the NOA matching donations are not counted.

Crimm

They count. I just want to see the audience unlock them if possible. It's fun to announce a segment getting unlocked

Ondore

Radio Trivia is coming up in a bit.

The Future of Nintendo segment has confirmed Jose Otero (IGN) will be appearing.

Can't wait to listen to the recordings in a couple days!

I was only able to listen to a bit today but I chipped in a donation earlier. I was really impressed to see Nintendo matching donations!

llehuty

Couldn't check the whole thing, but it was quite enjoyable. I hope I can give a bigger donation next year, keep up the good work people!!!

Crimm

Thanks to everybody who stopped by to join us; it was a blast. We'll be posting all the audio over the course of the week. I got to split it up, since I doubt anyone wants a 13 hour audio file.

James asked me to help post part 2 of the recording tonight, which is now available. I also fixed a minor feed error that kept some people from getting part 1. Both are now on the RFN subscription feed or available for direct download on the main telethon page (link in OP).

Top Bottom