• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A small video game music collection for all gamers to enjoy!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Duo014 said:
Civilization IV - Baba Yetu
one of the best tracks ever in videogames.
:D

holy shit man you are so right!:D

McNum

Duo014 said:
Civilization IV - Baba Yetu
one of the best tracks ever in videogames.
:D

Indeed. This is the most inspired music choice in any video game I've seen. It's Civilization, and the main new feature is religion, so what's the main theme? The Lord's Prayer sung in Swahili. How else are you going to make sung that includes both the birth of civilization and religion?

Geneijin

I opened it and lo and behold I get Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Subunit - Chemical Plant v2.

Love it.

Place also gets extra points from me for including Go Shiina's arrangement Eradicate and Evolve from the Echoes of War OST. Never heard of it before.

Verilligo

bounchfx said:
I used to fucking love Gaming.fm 5 years ago

and then one day they stopped. sigh.
You do know about Rainwave, right? Probably the best VGM stream around, all user-submitted. Basically exactly what you're looking for.

Nert

Great pick from The World Ends With You. They could really use some music from Kirby 64 and Mass Effect 2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MrMister said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Sound of The Wind

I haven't played the game in so long, but after hearing the opening notes my eyes actually started to tear up. You should all listen to it right now.

I keep finding hidden gems among the list every time I scroll through the list! Can't wait for the next update!

I give it a good listen ever once in a while. One of the best game soundtracks ever (I did nominate that song for GAF's best game music thing too.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I forgot how much Armored Armadillo rocked. Shame it's lacking Boomer Kuwanger and Storm Eagle.

I also forgot how great OG Dark World sounded. Brawl ruined it. T_T But it was probably worth it to get this fantastic remix. <3

Chrono Cross- The Scars of Time. So good :). Mitsuda's music is pretty much what got me into Video Game soundtracks in the first place. The music i have ranges from Chrono trigger to Metal Gear Solid with a litte bit of Heavy Rain and Katamari Damacy. I may not listen to Mitsuda's music as often as i should but i will never forget that he is the reason why i began listening to it.

Might as well add Super Mario Galaxy- Wind Garden, Egg Planet. Amazing tracks.

Dogenzaka

Banned
PLACE YOUR BETS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

CHECK ME OUT YA'LL

I'M A WINNER; GOT A HOT HAND

PLACE YOUR BETS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

omg the Toejam and Earl remix is incredible.

NoRéN

Sora_N said:
Chrono Cross - Dream of the shore bordering another world

Brings back memories! I really need to finish that game...:lol
Wow, the memories. I got all misty-eyed thinking back.

Go finish the game!!!! Then, start the New Game + and get some more endings! GO!!!

Metiphis

Dear lord that Ducktales Moon level music is one of my favorite pieces of videogame music. So well done for a Nintendo song and I really think it rises up there with a lot of Megaman songs.

Talon

Lionheart1827 said:
I love Hans Zimmer a lot, but he only did the MW2 main theme while Lorne Balfe did the rest of the soundtrack. But I would've never noticed since the soundtrack is awesome.
You sure about that? That White House Finale track sure sounds a lot like it could have been on The Dark Knight or Transformers soundtrack.

[Insert joke about Zimmer here]

GCX

Listen "Disaster: Day of Crisis - Main Theme" and witness what you guys not living in Japan or Europe have missed.

IceMarker

I sure hope you guys took a good listen to that Fallout 2 remix. :D

I didn't even know a remix for Fallout 2 music existed... hell I didn't even know Fallout 2 music was that memorable! :lol

Top Bottom