• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A small video game music collection for all gamers to enjoy!

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
OP, I love you.

Thunder Force SSH is the first song to play when I tried it and it rocks!

IceMarker

mikekennyb said:
Great job on your first post! This page has increased my work productivity 10x today!! :lol
Haha thank you, I always listen to these tracks when I'm stressed. :lol

Also, not my first post, first topic in case you were being literal.

IceMarker

Hey guys, at first I didn't notice but our friend has updated the list as of last week. I'm not exactly sure what was added/updated though. Post and let us know if you see any songs you like that are new to the list!

geebee

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
People listen to this, you will thank me, its one of the best themes ever, even better than every movie track.

ACE COMBAT ZERO - ZERO

Listen to this legendary track.
Ace Combat Zero easily has my favorite music in the series.

Ganondorfo said:
People listen to this, you will thank me, its one of the best themes ever, even better than every movie track.

ACE COMBAT ZERO - ZERO

Listen to this legendary track.

Dark Octave said:
I want to play Ace Combat Zero now.

mother-of-god.gif

Listen to this guys NAO!

GCX said:
Listen "Disaster: Day of Crisis - Main Theme" and witness what you guys not living in Japan or Europe have missed.
So fucking awesome, thank god im european.
Such a great game, and such an excellent soundtrack.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ugh...I hate the Black Mages. Great list, but the Final Fantasy choices(I'm a.....big....fan) are a little disappointing and a bit crappy really(I hate the FF13 music badly). I know, many people might like this stuff, but this is just my opinion. My favorites are nowhere to be seen(where the FUCK is some Final Fantasy VI?)! :lol

Whatever, though. :D I've got a couple Final Fantasy CD's I can listen to whenever I want, so no biggie.

Awesome link, man, thanks. I'll have this up regularly while browsing. :D

EDIT: Just going through the list, I see he's made a note of picking some of the less popular stuff, so sorry bout the rant on FF. I get it now!

Doom - Evil Horde is :D

EDIT2: Secret of Mana music randomly pops up............<faints>

Naka

Codeblue said:
Stickerbrush Symphony must be the best piece of video game music ever created.

How have I not heard this song before? Wow it really is amazing and I'm a pretty big game music buff... I fail!

Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! The concept of love! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! The concept of love! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! Understand! The concept, the concept of love!

Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - U.N. Owen Was Her
Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - dBu Music - Devil's Go Through the Night
Touhou: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - ohta - Bad Apple!!
Wild Arms 5: Persephone

Too many too list!! So awesome. I'm still going thru the list.....

falconzss

snaaaaaaake eeeeaterrrr!!!

awesome list. just listening to Chrono Cross - k-waves LAB - a dream to watch of chrono
what a beautfiul tune <3

could listen to this list all day long. it's like a rollercoaster ride of all my gaming experiences.

Naka

I wonder how much bandwidth something like this takes. It would be cool if we could collectively set something up like this for NeoGaf users to use and possibly contribute to or something.

IceMarker

Naka said:
I wonder how much bandwidth something like this takes. It would be cool if we could collectively set something up like this for NeoGaf users to use and possibly contribute to or something.
MusicGAF?

Super Metroid Brinstar Overgrown with Vegitation.

Everyone knows this one but man, 36 seconds in just all comes together.
Such a great intricate track for its time.

fatty

geebee said:
Ace Combat Zero easily has my favorite music in the series.

Speaking of Ace Combat, I was playing Shattered Skies (Ace Combat 4) and I really liked the track "Lifeline". It's a nice and slow build-up and really starts to take off at around 3:45 and hits its stride at 4:41. I love that whole ending.

As for sites that stream video game music, I only know of this one (thanks MrMister) and the one hosted by othersteve (took me a while to find it from this post)

For reference:
http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf
http://radio.othersteve.com/

Anyone have any others? Didn't ocremix used to stream?

Mobius 1

fatty said:
Speaking of Ace Combat, I was playing Shattered Skies (Ace Combat 4) and I really liked the track "Lifeline". It's a nice and slow build-up and really starts to take off at around 3:45 and hits its stride at 4:41. I love that whole ending.

As for sites that stream video game music, I only know of this one (thanks MrMister) and the one hosted by othersteve (took me a while to find it from this post)

For reference:
http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf
http://radio.othersteve.com/

Anyone have any others? Didn't ocremix used to stream?

The composers are the same from the Soul Calibur series, so no surprise there. They can put out remakable work, like this.

Also, check this gentleman's work on YouTube. He's been compiling the best VGM for some time now, by game.

IceMarker

Hey guys, major bump to let you know that he's updated a lot since then with a bunch of new songs.

My new favorite is the ActRaiser remix. :D

readleeb

Neo Member
MrMister said:
Oh my god. The Fallout 2 track I found is just plain amazing!

Just managed to see this on the first page before posting this.

Cruising the wasteland in the Highwayman...

Would just leave the game on listening to the original

Hyphen

MrMister said:
Hey guys, major bump to let you know that he's updated a lot since then with a bunch of new songs.

My new favorite is the ActRaiser remix. :D

Yes, YES! When I first clicked on it I thought "this ain't Filmoa". But then I heard the melody in the strings and it turned awesome. Brilliant stuff!

Top Bottom