• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fall... You are alone child. There's only darkness for you and only death for your people. These ancients are just the beginning. I will command a great and terrible army, and we will sail to a billion worlds. We will sail til every light has been extinguished. You are strong child, but I am beyond strength. I am the end and I have come for you Finn"

God. Fucking. Damn. Amazing writing.

Stulaw

Twas great,

I swear someone in the episode called the Lich 'the Linch' haha, selfies. Anyway, the Lich being young again probably means he's mortal, since a Lich is someone who made themselves undead for eternal life. Martin is a douche but seems to be quite the manipulator as well, Finn's mother must have been part of his cosmic crime. The Lich is probably Finn's real Dad or relative of some kind.

TheOGB

Banned
So how long until we find out
Susan Strong is Finn's mom or sister or something and Martin screwed over the other humans, turning them into fish people somehow
? :p

LowParry

Man. So much mixed feelings.

With Prismo's plan, to the Lich's reaction and taking advantage. I was really hoping for a full return of the Lich but this...this...haaaaa! And Finn's dad. Fuck that guy. Where is the season going? So crazy.

holy shit. that was an amazing episode. shit went
skywalker
as hell.
my guess
humanity returning to being the threat to the planet this season. i suppose well be watching fin grow
to understand what a father should be and that his fathers actions dont belittle or give foresight into what his own will be. building up to him eventually stopping whatever his selfish father is after.

i cant wait to see how this all unfoils

So, do you think the Lich is neutralized as a threat for good? Or will he become a bitter child of divorce and wreak havoc again?

So, do you think the Lich is neutralized as a threat for good? Or will he become a bitter child of divorce and wreak havoc again?

that depends on how fast he's going to age.
its going to be exciting to see the eventual raising lich episode that is to come.
only then will we be able to get any clue how he might turn out. does he have any powers and will nature or nurture rule what he is to be.

fins dad is going to be responsible for the technological leap that we saw in the lemon hope ep im guessing.
not around 3 seconds and needs a star cruiser. he is used to a different style of living .
so when he eventually gets demoted from threat status storywise unless he is flat out destroyed im guessing he will open the path for the jump in technology.

Popnbake

Damn. We're going to some dark places this season. How dark can you go before you lose the audience?

For a show like AT? Until you start killing off multiple major characters. D:

As long as the humor stays, I think it can get away with becoming more dark.

What a dick. I was really hoping they would reveal it was Joshua that imprisoned originally after he found out how much of a jerk he was.

fins dad is going to be responsible for the technological leap that we saw in the lemon hope ep im guessing.
not around 3 seconds and needs a star cruiser. he is used to a different style of living .
so when he eventually gets demoted from threat status storywise unless he is flat out destroyed im guessing he will open the path for the jump in technology.
Interesting thought: Finns not from OOO. He's from outer space, or another dimension. Or the Future. Didn't occur to me till now, but his dad is obviously not from OOO, and he's clearly more advanced than a Human from before the Mushroom War. What's up with that?

Clydefrog

"Fall... You are alone child. There's only darkness for you and only death for your people. These ancients are just the beginning. I will command a great and terrible army, and we will sail to a billion worlds. We will sail til every light has been extinguished. You are strong child, but I am beyond strength. I am the end and I have come for you Finn"

That was INTENSE.

Some kids will have trouble sleeping tonight.

Crocodile

Some heavy stuff went down. I'm kind of glad Finn's dad
turned out to be an ass and got away
. Leaves it open for more interesting stories to be written with him. Again, like last time, I'm hoping the Lich
isn't done for good and we don't have to wait 50+ episodes before he's a threat again
- things always get super interesting when he's in play. As for Finn's
arm
, I'm curious how they'll play it. These kind of threads tend to get resolved/reversed very fast in AT but given
all the other versions of Finn we've seen, the damage is supposed to be permanent

Now aside from further questions surrounding Finn's Dad, we still don't know anything about Finn's Mom!

daveo42

Banned
Great start to the new season. Wasn't all that shocked by Finn's dad
being an absolute douche, but I do like the theories floating around already that both Finn and his dad are actually humans displaced in time and are from before the great mushroom war.

I will say that as crazy as things ending up being, it wasn't nearly as insane as I had initially thought. The whole bit with the Lich
with his monologue and then becoming a child was literally fucked. Looking forward to how that will play out.

As for Finn,
his arm will either grow back into the plant that we saw near the end of the episode eventually, or the flower that has spouted is all that is left. I am really hoping for full on cyborg arm for Finn, but he might get his original arm back from his dad later on based on episode titles.

I'm definitely looking forward to another really solid season.

So this premiere was pretty much one classic scene after another. I laughed, I cried, my jaw dropped numerous times... just a perfect piece of storytelling and animation.

557613-tetsuo9.jpg

next weeks episode has me hyped already, someone posted the title

its called "James II" , its time for the mutants to wreck shit up

That wasn't as emotionally compelling as I was expecting it to be. Especially considering I watched the latest Steven Universe today, I guess the whole Rebecca Sugar leaving affecting the show is real.

The Lich's speech to Finn was really cool though. But like, his Dad being a dick, eh.

Really?
Prismo's death was pretty tragic (especially considering his last words) and seeing Finn sitting defeated, no right arm, abandoned once again by his dad... that got to me. Even Shelby's reaction was touching.

And this was just the START of Season 6?!
Holy cow, I don't even...

I mean, seriously, Finn's dad is an ass.
But I wonder what crime he commited to be locked up in the Citadel in the first place.

Also I'm calling it now that by the end of the season
Finn will have a robotic arm, made by PB, made out of candy stuffs.

If that doesn't happen, I'm gonna be a whee bit dissapointed.

sn00zer

Got damn.....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

hope the show is ending soon.....seems like its all wrapping up...better to let the show end when it should than dragging it out until no one cares

EDIT: Could imagine the show ending then having a few shorts every couple of years by different directors that just explore what happened to secondary characters

Tuck

Damn, that was great!

Second character death... Poor prismo. A bit dissapointed by the lich resolution. It was funny, but I would have liked to see that story go further (the lich's speech to finn was epic and was getting me hyped for things to come)

finn's going to use his past self shoko's robot arm. I mean it's still right there under their tree. then it will break and they'll use something else

vladdamad

That was absolutely insane. I really wasn't expecting so much stuff to happen within the first two episodes, looking forward to more.

BBboy20

That moment put the show to a whole new level.

I guess it is my fault for looking at the spoiler tagged lines, but could we not talk about future episode titles as plot guesses? I avoided them in the last thread because I wanted the surprise but they are being intermingled now with talk about last night's episodes.

Hamlet

Fantastic start to the season so many things happening
Feel really bad for Finn with him finding out his dads a tad of a dick and losing his arm but on the bright side the Lich is now a cute hopefully "good" baby

Banzai

I guess it is my fault for looking at the spoiler tagged lines, but could we not talk about future episode titles as plot guesses? I avoided them in the last thread because I wanted the surprise but they are being intermingled now with talk about last night's episodes.

Seconded. Not a big deal, but still.

Thirded. Spoiled myself about the leaks thanks to these tags. Sorta annoying how leaks and episode spoilers are under one roof, no way to avoid them and talk about the episode at the same time.

Crispy75

*Scrolls past post after post of
spoiler text
, ALL CAPS HOLDING DOWN THE KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYS and multiple exclamation marks!!!!!!*

Can't wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom