• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

That was crazy. So, I'm guessing that
flower on whats left of Finns arm means that it is going to grow back soon?

I took it to mean he won't be getting his actual arm back (because the goo would have just brought it back). I reckon the flower will grow and become the leaf blade again and he'll have that as an arm.

Zeppu

I think the flower was more to pre-emptively answer questions like: "WHY DIDN'T FINN JUST PUT THE HEALING GOOP ON HIS HAND."

vladdamad

I took it to mean he won't be getting his actual arm back (because the goo would have just brought it back). I reckon the flower will grow and become the leaf blade again and he'll have that as an arm.

Yes, but
isn't the fact that all the other versions of Finn had mechanical arms this one will have a mechanical one as well? The foreshadowing wouldn't really make sense I don't think if he was given a plant hand.

As for the flower, I think it meant that
Finn's arm had actually stopped existing having fused so much with the grass sword - it became so embedded with the weapon that there was no flesh there anymore to regrow.

Zomba13

Yes, but
isn't the fact that all the other versions of Finn had mechanical arms this one will have a mechanical one as well? The foreshadowing wouldn't really make sense I don't think if he was given a plant hand.

As for the flower, I think it meant that
Finn's arm had actually stopped existing having fused so much with the grass sword - it became so embedded with the weapon that there was no flesh there anymore to regrow.

Could get leaf arm and then it gets cut off again and he gets robo arm. Like the swords have been changed over time the arm could be as well. Also, Finn needs a new sword again.

BigAT

I guess it is my fault for looking at the spoiler tagged lines, but could we not talk about future episode titles as plot guesses? I avoided them in the last thread because I wanted the surprise but they are being intermingled now with talk about last night's episodes.

I think the real problem is everyone putting spoiler tags around events that have already aired for some reason, I don't really understand why folks do. It eliminates the ability to really use spoiler tags for future spoilers.

Anyway, crazy episode. I kept expecting that it would be revealed that Martin was just some dude that was going along with the story of being Finn's father in order to get his help escaping and that some other prisoner would be his actually father. Nope. Lots of crazy imagery, between Prismo's death, many of the Lich moments and Finn's arm getting ripped off. Can't imagine what it would be like for actual children watching this show.

I think the real problem is everyone putting spoiler tags around events that have already aired for some reason, I don't really understand why folks do. It eliminates the ability to really use spoiler tags for future spoilers.

Anyway, crazy episode. I kept expecting that it would be revealed that Martin was just some dude that was going along with the story of being Finn's father in order to get his help escaping and that some other prisoner would be his actually father. Nope. Lots of crazy imagery, between Prismo's death, many of the Lich moments and Finn's arm getting ripped off. Can't imagine what it would be like for actual children watching this show.

I think it is meant to be out of politeness to those that had to DVR it or are not used to the new time it is on? I have no real idea but this was my assumption since it has been less than 24 hours since the episodes airing on East coast TV. As you said though, it is kinda messing with things that are actually spoilers. I think it would be polite if people want to talk about the leaked titles, that they write a warning before that portion of their post.

They were spoilered in the last thread for a reason. If we want to continue putting discussion about the episodes from the previous night in spoiler tags, we need to organize a better way to prevent people like myself from seeing more than we want to see.

Tuck

Just want to say, the Lich's monologue was fucking fantastic. Easily one of the best lines of dialogue to come from this show.

I'm guessing the flower on Finn's arm will grow into a new arm for Finn. Maybe it can morph into a sword, he'll have a sword hand! Also Shelby having a girlfriend makes me laugh.

BigAT

I think it is meant to be out of politeness to those that had to DVR it or are not used to the new time it is on? I have no real idea but this was my assumption since it has been less than 24 hours since the episodes airing on East coast TV. As you said though, it is kinda messing with things that are actually spoilers. I think it would be polite if people want to talk about the leaked titles, that they write a warning before that portion of their post.

They were spoilered in the last thread for a reason. If we want to continue putting discussion about the episodes from the previous night in spoiler tags, we need to organize a better way to prevent people like myself from seeing more than we want to see.

Why would you come into the thread if you missed it live and have it DVR'd? There are plenty of times when I fall into this scenario, but I simply avoid the show thread until I have caught up. It's not like there is any discussion that you're missing out on aside from what happened in the previous episode.

IronRinn

I spoiler tag stuff that happens in an episode for the reasons noted above. It seems to have been the way it was done in the previous thread though that is different than other show threads on GAF. This is a fairly small thread, all things considered, so perhaps we should come to a consensus now as to how spoilers should be handled and WordAssassin can add it to the OP. I would be fine with spoiler tags being used only for leaks, speculation, etc.

Exotoro

I think the reason the goo didn't work is because there was no bone. Lich and Finn's dad had bone in both examples, but Finn's arm was ripped straight off.

Personally I prefer for spoilery stuff that aired mere hours ago to be marked. I've been known to read and enjoy people's spoiler-free reactions before having a chance to watch the latest episode... plus it's just safe to have a buffer. Example: people who didn't know about the schedule change last night might have been spoiled if everything had been out in the open.

Guys, the flower isn't going to "grow" into anything. A, the goop would have brought it to full size and B, I don't think I've witnessed the flowers in my neighborhood going super saiyan and becoming something else after they have bloomed... ;P

Why can we not get a legit videogame based on this show? Something more like Dark Souls meets Skyrim meets 3D Zeldas.

Defect

Guys, the flower isn't going to "grow" into anything. A, the goop would have brought it to full size and B, I don't think I've witnessed the flowers in my neighborhood going super saiyan and becoming something else after they have bloomed... ;P

Why can we not get a legit videogame based on this show? Something more like Dark Souls meets Skyrim meets 3D Zeldas.
I can see it being made by Platinum.
I don't say that a lot
Adventure Time x Revengeance x Wonderful 101

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Plot bombs everywhere, so much stuff to process and really no idea where the show is going next.

That's some good Adventure Time.

I can see it being made by Platinum.
I don't say that a lot
Adventure Time x Revengeance x Wonderful 101

tumblr_miute7vIon1qg8i80o1_500.jpg

Very strange argument to use for an Adventure Time plot. :p
Haha very true. But I think point A was established in episode.

........................................................................................

That Reventurous Time pic is amazing. I so badly want a third person, action-adventure-rpg Adenture Time game so very badly. These mobile-esque, dungeon-lite crawlers aren't cutting it.

Holy shit that opener was insane.

I've known for about a month that Finn would be losing his arm but I had no idea what/how they were gonna do it. Eeeeeeee

Holy shit I was just talking to a friend about it and he said

that Prismo's death is made even sadder because the Cosmic Owl can tell when people are going to die and he bails out of the house because he doesn't want to witness his friend dying

I'm gonna cryyyyyyyy

Epcott

that Prismo's death is made even sadder because the Cosmic Owl can tell when people are going to die and he bails out of the house because he doesn't want to witness his friend dying

I'm gonna cryyyyyyyy

Wow... Heavy. But Prismo must have known that would happen. He did give Jake and Finn the laser pens (though he could have simply known about how to defeat his own night terrors).

Anyways, that episode was awesome possum.

I read the flower arm as a troll by the writers, like them saying "No, his arm is reaaaally gone and wont come back ala deus ex machina." Worked perfectly because thats the first thing that came to mind when Finn's Dad used the stuff on his leg.

Soooo who's the big bad now? Sky Witch? Escaped convicts? Marceline's dad? Army of Goo Zombies headed to Candy Kingdom? Jake Jr?

TheOGB

Banned
I really wanna know what Maja had cooking. Hope it's a Marceline-focused (or Marcy and PB) episode if it does happen.

Wazzy

Banned
I really need to watch the new episode. I've just started to get more into this show so I'm pretty excited about this new season. I already accidently spoiled the
arm loss thing
but oh well. Hoping to watch it tonight.

Clydefrog

Two questions/comments regarding Finn's Dad:

So he's obvi pretty evil because a) he was imprisoned in the citadel, and b) he knows those Ancients that he escaped with. He winked at them pretending that he didn't know them; the spiky-headed guy nodded to Martin's command to GTFO like he was their leader.

What does Martin say right before they escape through the void? "Hey, what about Eric?" Who's Eric? The LICH?

Two questions/comments regarding Finn's Dad:

So he's obvi pretty evil because a) he was imprisoned in the citadel, and b) he knows those Ancients that he escaped with. He winked at them pretending that he didn't know them; the spiky-headed guy nodded to Martin's command to GTFO like he was their leader.

What does Martin say right before they escape through the void? "Hey, what about Eric?" Who's Eric? The LICH?

Pretty sure Finn's dad
was asking about air because they were heading into space.

I'm gonna cryyyyyyyy

As soon as I saw cosmic Owl book it, I knew shit was about to go down. And not in a good way.

Musolf815

I really hope and am predicting
that Lich ain't done yet. He's come back from other stuff, and now he's waiting possibly more out in the open than when he was stuck in I think amber? I'm interested to see where they take the baby thing, IIRC, the Lich was listed on the original character documents as specifically not a humorous character.

Other thoughts:

-DAMN at Finn losing his arm.
-I got very sad about Prismo
-Making Finn's dad a piece of shit was a brilliant move
-The Lich's speech = jaw dropping. Enough to make me a little disappointed that he was fixed so easily. He did mention a worse force than the citadel folk, so maybe there's another army waiting?
-I also got sad when the last piece of Billy's flesh got ripped off/burned off
-This show has some serious balls for the stuff it did in these episodes

Tuck

Any chance the OT is gonna get a subtitle? I'd totally support a line from the Lich's speech. Or one of Finn's dad's lines.

Any chance the OT is gonna get a subtitle? I'd totally support a line from the Lich's speech. Or one of Finn's dad's lines.

If I or anyone else can come up with a good one, sure. The only reason it didn't have one to being with was that I forgot the show started an hour earlier now and I was late posting the thread, so when people in the S5 started asking where the S6 thread was I panicked and hit Post early.

If I or anyone else can come up with a good one, sure. The only reason it didn't have one to being with was that I forgot the show started an hour earlier now and I was late posting the thread, so when people in the S5 started asking where the S6 thread was I panicked and hit Post early.
"I'm just going to the store!"

Unbounded

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "Hey what about the bab-"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "WHAT JUST HAPPENED"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "Now with 20% more soul-crushing defeat!"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "All the deus-ex machina in the multiverse can't save you from destiny."

I'm trying... :(

Tuck

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "Hey what about the bab-"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "WHAT JUST HAPPENED"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "Now with 20% more soul-crushing defeat!"

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|: "All the deus-ex machina in the multiverse can't save you from destiny."

I'm trying... :(

That third ones not bad.

Season 6: Beyond strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom