• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Burner Climax delisted from XBLA/PSN [Still up on EU PSN?!]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Game is fucking amazing, everyone should buy this.

One question I have, though: which version is better, PS3 or 360? I seem to recall the 360 version was better, but who knows... maybe not.

Also curious for Daytona, as I imagine that's gotta be on the chopping block, too.

the Xbox version sports full-on 4xMSAA while on PS3 there's none whatsoever.
Although the game moves so fast that it helps a lot in mitigating the lack of AA on PS3, the Xbox port is much more clean looking. Also, imo the 360 controller's triggers work better for this game.

But I own both, since I can use my PC/PS3 flightstick on the PS3 port (which also looks good btw) which makes playing the game even more of a blast... if you have a stick go PS3 otherwise go X360... unless you own the AC6 X360's flightstick

Stopdoor

So hey, I took a look at the store page for this today because you know, waffling whether to buy it or not, and it doesn't seem like I can purchase it anymore. Downloaded the trial even, and the 'Purchase Full Game' option doesn't work.

Early take-down?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's already been removed from NA PSN and XBLA.

I... I can't believe it. I was waiting until the last day in case a discount popped up, and I didn't think there'd be any risk in doing so as I thought the december 24th date was final... Couldn't have guessed they'd pull the plug early...

Goddamnit, Sega...

I'm going to miss this game when the 360's live goes down forever and my HDD fails. Wish there was a retail release, or they ported it to PC and new gen.

Bought it a few years back when it was on sale for $5, can't remember when.

Loved the sense of speed in the game, didn't it run pretty consistently at 60fps?

edit: I also remember there being some pretty badass avatar awards for this game on 360. RIP avatars :(

Shit, I'm still waiting for my debit card to activate, but it seems it's already gone. Ah, this is infuriating! And I was only missing pennies on my account.

Amagon

Whaaaattttt!! They took it down early, god fucking dammit!

Just bought the Android version, this really fucking stinks Sega.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Announcing the game is going down on a certain day and then pulling it early is just wrong :mad:

Bogard

Absolute crap. They stated the date, did they not? And then took it down early anyway. I was waiting to see what other games went on (PSN holiday) sale.

I'm rather angry, but I guess I made the mistake of thinking I had time. Not cool at all, Sega.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Just loaded the demo to see if I could unlock the full version from there, but you can't...

Played the demo anyway, and wow... I really missed a great game. I don't really like this digital future where games can suddenly vanish...

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Absolute crap. They stated the date, did they not? And then took it down early anyway. I was waiting to see what other games went on (PSN holiday) sale.

I'm rather angry, but I guess I made the mistake of thinking I had time. Not cool at all, Sega.
they did NOT state a date, the date was speculated.

SmokyDave

I guess I can put my dream of a Vita port to bed. I bought it on PS3 and iOS, but I'd have happily triple dipped :(

Delisting digital games fucking sucks. I hope some enterprising archivists have it saved somewhere.

I was this close to buying it yesterday, but decided to put it off until today.

You snooze, you lose, I guess. =/

What makes me regret this even more is the fact that I went to the bank to get a new debit card the day earlier. However, the waiting line was too long, and I had groceries I needed to take home as quickly as possible, so I thought, fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. And I did, but it was too late.

What makes me regret this even more is the fact that I went to the bank to get a new debit card the day earlier. However, the waiting line was too long, and I had groceries I needed to take home as quickly as possible, so I thought, fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. And I did, but it was too late.

You've had over 4 years to buy the game, plus its had multiple sales. No one to blame but yourself. Atleast with this game you had warning it was being taken down unlike Jojo HD.

You've had over 4 years to buy the game, plus its had multiple sales. No one to blame but yourself. Atleast with this game you had warning it was being taken down unlike Jojo HD.

I actually had no means of purchasing digital titles until a year ago. There was still enough time, of course, but I wasn't expecting this to happen so suddenly, and when lifelower warned that the game was being taken down, I couldn't immediately afford adding more money to my account (like I said earlier, I was missing only pennies, and my next Xbox Rewards deposit was due in a few days, so I thought I'd be all right).

Raptomex

Great game but too short. You can platinum it within a half-hour. It's good fun but After Burner II is still the best.

I actually had no means of purchasing digital titles until a year ago. There was still enough time, of course, but I wasn't expecting this to happen so suddenly, and when lifelower warned that the game was being taken down, I couldn't immediately afford adding more money to my account (like I said earlier, I was missing only pennies, and my next Xbox Rewards deposit was due in a few days, so I thought I'd be all right).

I guess you have reasons. Shame MS and Sony doesn't allow gifting. I wouldn't mind gifting someone a copy if it was allowed.Great game to be missing.

Great game but too short. You can platinum it within a half-hour. It's good fun but After Burner II is still the best.

Only if After Burner Climax doesn't exist.

Top Bottom