• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Burner Climax delisted from XBLA/PSN [Still up on EU PSN?!]

SCReuter

I hope you guys don't wait until the last minute to purchase Daytona USA. It's another fantastic AM2 port.

(And while you're at it, grab Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic: The Fighters for more AM2 goodness.)

ZeroX03

Banned
I bought a code from GAME.co.uk and it isn't registering on my NZ PSN account. Does it have to specifically be a UK account?

Digital future? Seriously?

Do you really think they would have put the Afterburner arcade port onto a disc, manufactured the boxes, and mailed it out to retailers?

Not a chance in hell.

Digital is the only reason you have this in the first place.

we got older games in a bigger collection in the past. this game doesn't look bad. could have found an audience with 2 other remasters on disc.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I hope you guys don't wait until the last minute to purchase Daytona USA. It's another fantastic AM2 port.

(And while you're at it, grab Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic: The Fighters for more AM2 goodness.)

I have all of those + Outrun.. but no After Burner.

Feel so stupid for not buying this game. This stings a little.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
What is going to happend with these games in the future? Will there be no way to play this in 5 years if I suddenly want to and havent bought it before the 24th?

Tizoc

we got older games in a bigger collection in the past. this game doesn't look bad. could have found an audience with 2 other remasters on disc.

There's no guarantee for that; this game would have a niche audience and the same would apply for a retail release, even if it was a disc compilation with other games there is no guarantee whatsoever that it would be profitable.
Digital would be the more cost efficient option.

What is going to happend with these games in the future? Will there be no way to play this in 5 years if I suddenly want to and havent bought it before the 24th?

Unless there's a way to make licensing more lenient, we won't know. It's stuff like this that can cause piracy, when the games would be well worth their going price.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to check like... ALL of my old Xbox purchases online? I want to see if I maybe bought this and forgot about it. :( I'm so sad.

Is there a way to check like... ALL of my old Xbox purchases online? I want to see if I maybe bought this and forgot about it. :( I'm so sad.

Yes.
I forget how exactly, but there is an option to check download history.

It's how I found my MvC2 purchase after it was delisted.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well that's nonsense that it went down almost a whole week earlier than the date it was supposed to go.

If I didn't have it I'd be pissed.

Apdiddy

Gamestop has Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot still on their site and the download code I got from them will not redeem. So don't pursue that option.

Thanks to this thread I bought it right before going on my family trip to Cancun last Saturday. I'll download it when I get back on Sunday. Thanks again to the OP.

Slermy

Should be. As long as you've purchased it previously, you can re-download it at any time, even if it's no longer for sale.

Favocado

Yeah, I knew that was going to happen after what happened to MvC2/UMvC3. Bought it as soon as I could after I missed out on MvC2. Still, it sucks to hear these announcements. Especially when people are given so little time to purchase them before they're gone, in cases like After Burner Climax. I'm still butthurt about JoJo...

Also: Google Alerts! I remember reading a post about them here on GAF the last time something like this happened and since then they've been very useful.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Got JoJo, MvCO & MvC2 & UMvC3 (with Jill, shuma and all costume DLC), X-Men (konami), After Burner Climax.

missed Simpsons and (sniff) OutRun.

wonder if people will be selling accounts with delisted games down the line.

i-Jest

Got JoJo, MvCO & MvC2 & UMvC3 (with Jill, shuma and all costume DLC), X-Men (konami), After Burner Climax.

When Sony cuts PS3 support I think we'll all wanna have our PSN games and DLC on our consoles. I doubt Sony will keep those download lists alive. I don't see a significant movement in devs/publishers archiving DLC and patches for future generations.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I bought a code from GAME.co.uk and it isn't registering on my NZ PSN account. Does it have to specifically be a UK account?

Yes. PSN credit codes (and PS+ subs) are specific to each country in the PAL region and they must be redeemed with an account matching the code's country of origin, they're not universal like XBL €/£ codes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yes. PSN credit codes (and PS+ subs) are specific to each country in the PAL region and they must be redeemed with an account matching the code's country of origin, they're not universal like XBL €/£ codes.

It's not a credit code it's the game itself. Game codes I've bought and (most) DLC for the European PAL have not been region restricted within PAL territories in the past, just $ credit.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

If it makes you feel better, the Outrun port was kinda shit. Basically a worse version of 2006.

But anyway, I'm also curious about people trying to sell accounts with delisted games at some point. Reminds me of how shops in Japan would sell memory cards that happened to have Radical Dreamers on it for like $600.

Hibiki Rush

Neo Member
Gone already? Can't seem to find it... How come delistings happen before the scheduled date. Happened with Kokopolo on DSiWare too.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Ah damn, thought I had another day. I got it at launch on ps3, but I kind of wanted to get it on 360 too. Oh well.

Boy, if only I could hop on ebay and pick up a copy. Maybe one day this 'retail' thing will catch on.

Outrun XBLA at least has frame drops in a few places and what feels to be once every few minutes no matter what, it wasn't a solid 60 but still a good version to me.

Only achievement I did not get was 5 wins in a row online, quitters and shit.

Top Bottom