• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Burner Climax delisted from XBLA/PSN [Still up on EU PSN?!]

Raptomex

I don't get the ideology behind things like this. Why on earth would you buy the exact same game again if you already own it? Help me understand.
I do this with certain games. But usually with physical games. I'm a collector, though. Sometimes I just want to have it on both consoles. I usually get the other console version way down the line, though.

I don't get the ideology behind things like this. Why on earth would you buy the exact same game again if you already own it? Help me understand.
Mainly because I never hook up my 360 anymore and $10 would have been worth not having to set up a console I don't use just to play one game. Plus it would have been a good excuse to finally buy a PS3 flight stick.

Moot now since I didn't actually buy it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
one of the few digital games I bought day 1 and didn't regret. Great arcadey shooter like afterburner used to be.

Technically it doesn't exist for a lot of people now that they can't buy it. :p

KwOyhn2.png

we got told

Sad to see this go.

so i made a eu account, how can i buy the game? is there any online store that sells codes? i wanna buy this asap before they take the game off the store

Favocado

C̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶U̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶U̶S̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶p̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶n̶s̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶?̶

Edit: Never mind! I figured some things out and was able to buy the game.

Just as a precaution, if you have a 360, get the trial.

The pages of Out Run Online Arcade and Sega Rally Online Arcade don't seem to even exist so you can't even get those, but After Burner Climax's is and has the trial.

And the page on PSN doesn't even have the demo.

NA from my end. So this is at least something you might still be able to get for who knows how little longer.

I can't believe they pulled it already! What the hell?!?

Dammit. Well at least I still have my Outrun Online Arcade, Sega Rally Arcade, and the PSP version of Sega Rally Revo which was also quietly delisted awhile back. Also a disc version of PS3 SR Revo. And of course Daytona USA which will probably be the next thing pulled!

Dambrosi

Banned
Foreign CCs and PayPal don't work. Use pc game supply. com (no spaces, I didn't realise that actually linked!) or game.co.uk websites to get PSN credit and buy the game that way.

I got it years ago when it came out on PSN, loved it at the time. I need to give it another go sometime over the holiday week. sogood.gif

That was such a good time for PSN and XBLA, in hindsight. ABC, Outrun Online, Daytona, Final Fight Double Impact, tons of others...but for how long?

Bought this when it first came out, well worth it guys if you after something exactly like the orignal but with updated graphics. Warning though....it's hella fast!

Damn, thought they were pulling this off later, I was going to buy the PSN version.

Ah well, least I still have that and Outrun on my 360.

ngff02

Just as a precaution, if you have a 360, get the trial.

The pages of Out Run Online Arcade and Sega Rally Online Arcade don't seem to even exist so you can't even get those, but After Burner Climax's is and has the trial.

And the page on PSN doesn't even have the demo.

NA from my end. So this is at least something you might still be able to get for who knows how little longer.

I don't think it works that way. I remember trying to purchase MvC2 through the demo last year after I missed the cutoff date and it didn't work.

I can't believe they pulled it already! What the hell?!?

Dammit. Well at least I still have my Outrun Online Arcade, Sega Rally Arcade, and the PSP version of Sega Rally Revo which was also quietly delisted awhile back. Also a disc version of PS3 SR Revo. And of course Daytona USA which will probably be the next thing pulled!

I'm still waiting for Daytona USA 2, do it Sega!

Valkyria

Banned
Is it down on EU 360? I read about this on Monday I said to myself, I still got time. Damn I want it on 360 not Ps3.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'll second that.

Bring Daytona USA 2 Battle On The Edge + Power Edition in 2015.

Just fucking do it Sega.
any model 3 game really...
scud race, fighting vipers 2, virtua fighter 3, spike out, Star Wars trilogy, sega rally 2
these games deserve good ports

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
i got a code from game.co.uk, how long do they usually take to email the code?
This works well for any NA users who want to buy the game on EU PSN, assuming you don't mind making a separate EU account. It's also a lot cheaper (like $6 CDN) in case the $10 price was putting you off.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Digital future? Seriously?

Do you really think they would have put the Afterburner arcade port onto a disc, manufactured the boxes, and mailed it out to retailers?

Not a chance in hell.

Digital is the only reason you have this in the first place.

GUN-NAC

Digital future? Seriously?

Do you really think they would have put the Afterburner arcade port onto a disc, manufactured the boxes, and mailed it out to retailers?

Not a chance in hell.

Digital is the only reason you have this in the first place.

*Shrug*

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara got a Asian PS3 physical release. That's Capcom, tho.

Top Bottom