• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Conan (PC MMO) - Launch Thread

tahrikmili said:
Anyone playing with an HD2600PRO and dual processor? How well does it run?

I'd like to know this as well (iMac Core2Duo 2.66Ghz, 2GB RAM and HD2600PRO).

Why can't we even *read* the official forums without a game key? I just wanted to check some more impressions...

Proc said:
Have you tried this yet? Somehow I could see the controller working very well. Sticks for movement, dpad for attacks. buttons/triggers for frequent spells. It would be great for soloing and zoning out on the couch/bed
It's how I'm playing the game, since my PC is hooked up to my 37" 1080p panel and I sit on the couch. Works pretty well with a 360 pad, but you can't get all the functions mapped out since there are too many binds so I keep my wireless kb next to me to hit some keys for the odd spell. Using the left stick for WASD movement, right stick for the mouse, right trigger for Right click, right bumper for left click, left trigger for ALT, left bumper for TAB, XYB for 123 respectively, A for X(active guard) Dpad for shields, I have each direction macro'd to CTRL+1/2/3/4, Start for interact, select for Auto run.

Been working great, though I'm sure I'll be improving the profile as I get more shit in the game.

Also, GMs are no fucking joke:

Connavar_picture001.jpg

TheGuardian said:
I'd like to know this as well (iMac Core2Duo 2.66Ghz, 2GB RAM and HD2600PRO).

Why can't we even *read* the official forums without a game key? I just wanted to check some more impressions...

To ensure that 1) complainers are legit customers and 2) people who are thinking about buying the game don't get to read all the complaints (forums are always tilted more towards complaints, because happy people have less reason to post about their experience).

Yaweee

Seeing screenshots just makes me angrier. (referring to the previous page) Why can't the introduction suck less or be shorter?

Why?

Ah well selling my 2600PRO and getting a Radeon 3870 for this game, found a 512MB Gigabyte 3870 for 160 bucks. It comes bundled with NWN2 too. Great deal IMO.

tahrikmili said:
Anyone playing with an HD2600PRO and dual processor? How well does it run?

runs pretty good at medium quality on my HD 2600 XT. Willing to bet it would be quite playable on the pro if you're willing to play medium-low settings.

Won

Finally finished the starting area with around ~11 hours played.
And while the gameplay is nice and all I have to say this was one of the worst MMO experiences I ever had so far. I hope it gets better from now on.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'm a lvl 16 herald of Xotli and to be honest, I don't think the starting area is so bad. Perhaps if it's your 2nd character but for first timers it's good to have a friendlier environment to learn what it is you're doing. Unlike many other people, I enjoy playing at night a lot. Gives the game much more of a personal feeling where you can really get into the story of the game without distractions.

Druz

CcrooK said:
Alrighty. Last update then off to bed. Up to level 33 now. Been told that once you get closer to 40, you're going to have quests that are more group oriented. But they say you can level solo all the way up to 80. We'll see. The armor I've been getting hasn't been much of a variety in term of looks. I'm sporting mostly blue items now but still...meh. Maybe later on, something better will come along the way. Anywho, some final shots. More updates tomorrow!

You realize one of the reasons MMOs have had simple graphics is because it's easy to just paste on a texture. This game you gotta model the whole damn thing, not surprised the armor variety is a bit low even though its not actually.

elseanio

Anyone have a time frame for a replacement CD-KEY? Had to send an email cause mine was one of a few that just doesn't work, apparently

Thank you for entering your key.

We apologize that your key is part of a batch that needs to be swapped to allow user registration.

To swap your key please contact key-replacement@ageofconan.com with the key in the subject.

Please include the following in the mail; which version you purchased (for example German Collectors Edition, UK Collectors Edition) as well as your country of origin.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and want to underline that we are doing all we can to get you your replacement code as soon as possible.

Loan

Neo Member
and i dont know where is gme they said should arrive soon its alredy shipped

those that mean its alredy in the truck or its alredy shipped on the pobox ? bah

Big Nate said:
I'm running on Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1, Q6600/4gb/8800gt and it runs brilliantly. With everything maxed but shadows turned off I run ~60fps in dungeons and out by myself, ~30fps in town, unless it's Tarantia (which has a shitton of geometry) it dives to like 20fps. It's always playable, though. Bout the only complaint I have is it hitches sometimes when having to load a bunch of stuff in, but only for a second.

What resolution are you using?

Zzoram

Sol.. said:
Still no dice. Man this is why i don't do PC gaming anymore. Nothing works properly.

EDIT; Holy shit, i try to get support and log in to the forums and now the account i created and logged in with not 10 minutes ago suddenly doesn't fucking exist.

what the fuck is this shit.

EDIT 2: Now it's telling me that my key needs to be swapped.

Please tell me, somebody else has to be going through this shit. This is by far the silliest fucking shit i've ever seen in the dozen plus MMOs i've played.

EDIT 3: Why isn't there any phone, chat, or even email technical support? This whole situation is almost unreal. It's as if they sold shit......in a box to me. I just paid 50 bucks for shit in a box.

EDIT 4: and i'm done. I'm never buying a european game (especially MMO) again.

While that sucks, try to get help again in a week. I'm sure if you keep trying, you'll eventually get a working key. A few people reported getting broken serial keys and they managed to get replacements e-mailed to them.

As for European games, both STALKER and The Witcher are currently awesome. They had a few issues at release, but those are now fixed and they are great games.

Zzoram

Armada said:
What resolution are you using?

Ya, when people post performance, it is far more helpful if they state:

CPU
GPU
RAM
Resolution
Graphical Settings (texture/detail/shadow/draw distance)
AA
HDR/Bloom

Atrophis

New rig built this morning. Tracked down a copy of the game (sold out in 3 out of 4 shops i tried). Installed, patched and ready to go. Gonna be on Fury if i can get on. Been reading the official forums and seems like Fury is the PVP server that every euro guild has picked so is really busy. Apparantly there's already level 80s in the game which is gonna make FFA PVP server difficult lol.

Now to decide what class to play...

elseanio

Atrophis said:
New rig built this morning. Tracked down a copy of the game (sold out in 3 out of 4 shops i tried). Installed, patched and ready to go. Gonna be on Fury if i can get on. Been reading the official forums and seems like Fury is the PVP server that every euro guild has picked so is really busy. Apparantly there's already level 80s in the game which is gonna make FFA PVP server difficult lol.

Now to decide what class to play...

Got my key working! Fury is full :(

etiolate said:
amd 3000+
9600XT
1gig o ram

My shit is too weak yes?

I have the same card on one of my PCs, followed the following steps and can play on low settings (though this is with 2G ram and 3.2ghz pentium 4)

http://support.ageofconan.com/article.php?id=166

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I have one more "Drinking Cape" key that someone can have...first come first serve. Just ask. No PMs please, just ask here.

Won

Mr Pockets said:
I have one more "Drinking Cape" key that someone can have...first come first serve. Just ask. No PMs please, just ask here.

I don't even know what this thing does. Anything useful?

Won

Mr Pockets said:
I don't play the game...I just got two offers cause of beta activity and I gave one away already

That mean you want it? :p

Well it would hide the half-naked ass of my Barbarian......so why not. :p

So I'm level 11 and making my way through Tortage. When I finish Tortage let's say I want to create a new character. Can I skip Tortage or do I have to do it all over again everytime?

...cause there are a lot of different types of characters to try out...

Pewp

Solideliquid said:
So I'm level 11 and making my way through Tortage. When I finish Tortage let's say I want to create a new character. Can I skip Tortage or do I have to do it all over again everytime?

...cause there are a lot of different types of characters to try out...

Pretty sure you have to do Tortage all over again....

LowParry

Mr Pockets said:

If you still got it, hook a brudda up! Or if anyone has any spare keys for mounts or capes or whatever. 2g for a mount is going to be brutal!

Roxas

anyone else having real bad latency issues? Mine went over 10000ms earlier which is just ridiculous. My firewall was configured properly and i wasnt running any other background programs...any ideas?

ArtG

Kyoufu said:
Fuck the haters, I love Tortage! Got level 12 in roughly 2 hours as a Demonologist.

Awesome game so far.

Tell me about it. I don't get the hate that some people reserve for Tortage, but I love the opening parts of the game.

Also, I always get chuckle over people that bitch that say: "I have to do Tortage AGAIN?! This will get boring! It's the same thing!" Like any other opening areas that other MMOs are vastly different from one other, save the environments. The quests are carbon copies of one another, so suck it up!

Yaweee

ArtG said:
Tell me about it. I don't get the hate that some people reserve for Tortage, but I love the opening parts of the game.

Also, I always get chuckle over people that bitch that say: "I have to do Tortage AGAIN?! This will get boring! It's the same thing!" Like any other opening areas that other MMOs are vastly different from one other, save the environments. The quests are carbon copies of one another, so suck it up!

New environments, quests, story, and you gain access to class abilities from the get go. Oh, and you don't have to sit through the same cutscenes and dialogue trees over and over and over and over.

----------

The interface is terrible. Every set of menus seem take over 70% of the screen, there is no simple button you can click on in the corner to close them, the item boxes are unnecessarily huge, the chat box is gray/white on gray, the comparison between equipped and what you've moused over rarely fits on the screen, and the there is no way to just click on somebody in your friends list to send a tell, like you can in most other MMOs. There's really a plethora of things wrong with it, but those are my current frustrations.

iamblades

I dont get the complaints about tortage, IMO it was possibly the best starting zone in any mmo ive ever played. Might be bevause of the different questlines for the different archetypes, or we went through the quests in a different order, but for me it was easy and fast. I was level 13 3 hours after server up, probably less.

are people trying to level to to in night mode or something?

i mean it takes like 15 mins to hit level 5 and get to tortage, you can hit 7 or 8 on a couple of the easy quests, then you do like one or two thing in night mode and you are 11 or 12, go back to day, level to 19 the you can skip the last few night quests, or do them and hit 21 or so.

i hit 25 basically the first day, so its not like it takes a super long time or anything.

i guess people just enjoy different things about game, and nothing will please everyone

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Got everything set up and running. I run it completely maxed out, bloom on, no AA at 1920x1200 a little above 30fps questing and mid 20's in town. Occasional drops to like 15 or so

My rig:

AMD Phenom 9750
4 gigs ram
Geforce 8800GTX

elseanio

Any way to log-out without exiting the game? Going through a couple different classes and its annoying having to start the game up each time

ArtG

cpro said:
New environments, quests, story, and you gain access to class abilities from the get go. Oh, and you don't have to sit through the same cutscenes and dialogue trees over and over and over and over.

:lol
Like half the people even read that shit, especially when it's text based like a LotRO or WoW. And if you don't like the cut-scenes, just breeze right through them and click the top dialogue tree. It takes 5-10 seconds to get through them. You act as if 5-10 seconds is a fucking burden.

ArtG

PirateSean said:
Any way to log-out without exiting the game? Going through a couple different classes and its annoying having to start the game up each time

If you wait the 30 seconds, it won't exit the game. You re-log and then get back into your character. Hopefully they'll address this stupid flaw with a patch soon.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
PirateSean said:

think someone said /camp and wait the 30 seconds works for that

_tetsuo_ said:
Got everything set up and running. I run it completely maxed out, bloom on, no AA at 1920x1200 a little above 30fps questing and mid 20's in town. Occasional drops to like 15 or so

My rig:

AMD Phenom 9750
4 gigs ram
Geforce 8800GTX

Not the greatest engine in the world then.

Justin

We just spent around 16 gold building the rest of the principal buildings for our city. Next up spend about 100 more gold building walls and towers and upgrading the buildings then it is onto the battlekeeps!.

Alchemist Workshop
alchemits1yl9.jpg

alchemist2ky8.jpg

Architect Workshop
architectkr8.jpg

Armorsmith Workshop
armosmith1gd6.jpg

armorsmith2dw0.jpg

Barracks
barracksht3.jpg

Thieves' Guild
thievesguildyl9.jpg

Guard Tower
tower1so7.jpg

tower2ax1.jpg

Weaponsmith's Workshop
weaponsmithqq1.jpg

Justin

_tetsuo_ said:

The guild cities are not supposed to be attackable but are at the moment. The Battle Keeps are the ones you can attack. You first have to get your guild city to level 3 before you can capture the battle ones.

Ok, I like the idea of a guild being able to create their own town. What sort of benefits are there? How does the building process work, do you have to gather materials or do you just pay to build a structure. Can anyone from the guild build or only the leader and what is a battle keep?

Tideas

Banned
DAmn, if Wollan is banned, that means the OP can't be updated with new information on when the buddy passes are eligible

Top Bottom