• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Mythology coming to steam?

Wiktor

You know, I was almost scared to go back and look at this game, just to find it far more ugly than I used to remember... But if that GIF is of any indication, it may hold up surprisingly well for its age.

Games with isometric perspective and far away camera age extremely well. Thank God :)

jakomocha

I'm so excited!!!
I have so many memories of this game. Hopefully this will be coming to Mac as well, although that's quite unlikely. It includes the expansion pack as well, correct?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
You could easily mistake AoM for a modern game with off screen shots, I think. I played it semi-regularly up until a year ago or so and never once thought it looked dated.

LordOfChaos

Is this a HD remake? I hope it is. I just replayed the Titans expansion and it's still one of my favorite RTS games, but I wish it was available in 16:9. A HD remake could also bring more people into the online system.

I still want a proper AoM 2.

Chettlar

Banned
It's definitely a bit bothersome to see some people care more about a slow-paced FPS than a deep, honest-to-goodness PC game, but I imagine not everyone in here has played AoM and they don't understand just how great of an announcement this is.

I hope this new release brings a lot of new fans in. It's by far my favorite RTS of all time, despite the disappointing expansion.

I love all the Empire games by Ensemble, especially including Mythology.

But why not both?

inm8num2

Is this a HD remake? I hope it is. I just replayed the Titans expansion and it's still one of my favorite RTS games, but I wish it was available in 16:9. A HD remake could also bring more people into the online system.

I still want a proper AoM 2.

I don't think it's a remake. They're mainly taking the original game and adding support for higher resolutions, Steamworks for multiplayer, etc. Probably very similar to AoE II HD.

Pallad1um

I'm definitely gonna buy this game on day one. Hell, probably even pre-order it. In terms of RTS campaign, the only game that I've played that is on a similar level is Warcraft III. Arkantos is an amazing character.

Wow. I wasted so much of my time playing this back in the day. It even had passable multiplayer. The units were fantastic and the balancing was great. The campaign was actually good for an RTS. The Chimera has to be my favorite unit in any RTS. Imo it was the best game Ensemble ever made.

Top Bottom