• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare , New Trailer [Up: 11 Minutes Gameplay, Screens, Info]

Mr. Scratch = Killer Bob :eek:

Twin Peaks spoilers >
well that all depends on whether or not you think the doppelganger got of the black lodge in Dale's place (as inferred by Fire Walk with Me), or whether Dale got out, but possessed by bob (as originally inferred). Mr Scratch reminds me more of the doppelganger.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
love the splitter enemy type (and achievement)! and the nail gun is beastly

Twin Peaks spoilers >
well that all depends on whether or not you think the doppelganger got of the black lodge in Dale's place (as inferred by Fire Walk with Me), or whether Dale got out, but possessed by bob (as originally inferred). Mr Scratch reminds me more of the doppelganger.

Wouldn't Dale be posessed by Bob considering they show Bob as his reflection in the mirror during the final scene? Perhaps both the doppelganger got out of the Black Lodge AND Dale was posessed... would've made for an awesome 3rd season. WE WILL NEVER KNOW :(

op_ivy

first glimpse of arizona during the day too at the end of that play through, looks nice (though i prefer the northwest of AW1 still)

op_ivy

Is that a spoiler in the trailer for those of us who haven't play AW yet?

The Mr. Scratch thing?

a bit, yeah. but really, its the how and why of scratch that is (and will be) important, not that he exists (or does he?)

A bit bummed to see that this looks more like an offshoot of AW1 than an actual continuation, but still, day one. <3 Remedy.

i think thats why this isnt called AW2. its a hold me over till we get the full fledged sequel in 2013 (on next gen!)

Wouldn't Dale be posessed by Bob considering they show Bob as his reflection in the mirror during the final scene? Perhaps both the doppelganger got out of the Black Lodge AND Dale was posessed... would've made for an awesome 3rd season. WE WILL NEVER KNOW :(

to answer your question that's how it seemed to be at the end of the series, but then in Fire Walk With Me....

We see Annie after she was stabbed by Windom talk to Laura in the past via a dream and she says 'The good Dale is in the lodge and he can't get out.' which suggests that doppleganger got out and Dale was trapped. Was that Bob laughing *with* the Doppleganger, or Bob laughing at his own reflection?

like you say, we'll never know.

op_ivy

I think that for American Nightmare, to get into the stylization of the TV series, Night Springs, we’re using a different narrator, so we have the iconic Night Springs narrator, so Alan Wake is not the storyteller here.

nice

Game looks awesome! I don't think I can wait until Q1 though.

&#8220;This is one step on Wake&#8217;s path forward, and it certainly doesn&#8217;t end here. For some gamers it begins here, and we think this is a cool entry point. But right now, this is what we&#8217;re focused on.&#8221;
I'm going to safely assume we're getting Alan Wake 2. :p

derFeef

Oh wow the Night Springs narrator? He was fantastic!
edit: Can we get a small title update regarding the info and media blowout?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Remedy has gone all the way out to show other developers how to make an awesome stand alone experience. I want to see that daylight tease at the end :O

Elginer

Fight till dawn looked really fun, would have been cool if they would have had co-op with the second player being Barry. :(

Yes, that would be awesome and have Barry use some crazy ass weapons. Like perhaps a shockwave from his Christmas lights that will blow everything to kingdom come. OK, now I'm just being silly.

Hey You

Sounds like MS wasn't ready to publish a full retail game, they probably want to see how well this sells.

We could see Alan Wake 2 multi-plat next gen?

Sounds like MS wasn't ready to publish a full retail game, they probably want to see how well this sells.

We could see Alan Wake 2 multi-plat next gen?

Sounds like it was Remedy's idea.
Remedy came forward with the game as the next step in Wake’s adventure and Microsoft was “supportive” of the idea of an XBLA-only update, so don’t expect it to appear elsewhere.

op_ivy

"11 min of gameplay" should be added to the thread title

PooBone

Twin Peaks spoilers >

yup.

Frankfurt

Banned
Fight Until Dawn looks great. Just the other day i was mentioning how i had a blast fighting two waves of enemies in a row on Nightmare, this seems just like that.

Hope there's enough narrative in story mode.

Fight Until Dawn looks great. Just the other day i was mentioning how i had a blast fighting two waves of enemies in a row on Nightmare, this seems just like that.

Hope there's enough narrative in story mode.

looks like a neat alan wakey take on RE:mercenaries to me. i'm down with that :)

Top Bottom