• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcohol drinks are gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I really can't stand the taste of alcohol. All drinks with alcohol in it are gross imo.

Beer - gross
Wodka - disgusting
Wine - gross
Random sweet alcohol drink - gross
Champagne - drinkable, but still tastes bad

Even the smell of alcohol makes me feel bad. I'm 25 years old and have tasted many alcohol drinks in my life. Do I have to learn to like alcohol by drinking more of it or am I just lucky that I don't like it? I just don't understand how people can drink so much of it. And in the end they'll only embarrass themselves by being drunk and acting stupid.

Am I the only one in GAF who doesn't like the taste of alcohol???

dalyr95

Nicolas-Cage-in-Kick-Ass-001.jpg

Quiet Child

I don't drink either. I'm 28, and never actually drank beer before in my life. I just don't see the appeal. I drink... water.

zoukka

Cow Mengde said:
I don't drink either. I'm 28, and never actually drank beer before in my life. I just don't see the appeal. I drink... water.

So you don't believe a man should try different things during his life?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Beer is the greatest invention of man kind. It takes a little time to acquire the taste, especially if you're used to sugary drinks, but a good beer after a long day of work is nothing short of godly.

Also, Bloody Mary's are so delicious. Extra spicy with a phat dill fuckin pickle in it, it's almost too good.

I don't mind a little red wine every now and then but it's not something I drink when given the choice. I can't do straight liquor without gagging like a 14 year old girl after a tiny sip.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
I feel the same way. I've tried to like alcohol many times and I've gotten drunk off of beer before because I thought that getting drunk would make it worth the bad taste. Not really... it is fun watching all of my friends get drunk though.

I don't look down on people who drink or anything. It's just not for me. I've tried mixed drinks that taste almost like juice to see if I would like that instead, but in all honestly, I'd rather have juice :lol

zoukka said:
So you don't believe a man should try different things during his life?

I tried it, didn't like it. What does not liking the taste of something have to do with the rest of people's lives? Unless drinking is what you'd consider something new.

Snuggler said:
Beer is the greatest invention of man kind. It takes a little time to acquire the taste, especially if you're used to sugary drinks, but a good beer after a long day of work is nothing short of godly.

Also, Bloody Mary's are so delicious. Extra spicy with a phat dill fuckin pill in it, it's almost too good.

I don't mind a little red wine every now and then but it's not something I drink when given the choice. I can't do straight liquor without gagging like a 14 year old girl after a tiny sip.

this guy gets it

I find it hard to believe that somebody can dislike all alcoholic drinks. Maybe straight, sure, but pretty much every non-alcoholic drink can be replicated with alcoholic ingredients without a harsh alcoholic taste.

I hate Vodka, but some of my favourite drinks contain vodka. It's like saying "I'm never eating that chocolate cake because I don't like that one really harsh, strong ingredient when it's eaten by itself".

Tim-E

Snuggler said:

:bow

Majmun

striKeVillain! said:
So you're sober 100% of the time? Whoa.

Nah, I smoke pot two or three times a month. It's my only guilty pleasure.
I don't smoke regular cigarettes, though. They're disgusting.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
InaudibleWhispa said:
I find it hard to believe that somebody can dislike all alcoholic drinks. Maybe straight, sure, but pretty much every non-alcoholic drink can be replicated with alcoholic ingredients without a harsh alcoholic taste.

I hate Vodka, but some of my favourite drinks contain vodka. It's like saying "I'm never eating that chocolate cake because I don't like that one really harsh, strong ingredient when it's eaten by itself".
Even so you still get a hint of bitterness in the background. I don't like that at all. I guess I like sugary drinks too much.

whitehawk

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
You're welcome to do what you want, but you haven't even tried it? Not one beer?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Maybe you should try Zima. Or Mike's...they make a pink lemonade flavor, that might be up your alley.

whitehawk said:
You're welcome to do what you want, but you haven't even tried it? Not one beer?

I did try. The water comment has more to do with why I drink. I drink because I'm thirsty, and when I'm thirsty, I want to quench my thirst. A soda or anything with taste doesn't help.

I guarantee I can make you a drink you'll like. I've run into many people who claim they can't stand any drink with liquor in it, and all have fallen before my mighty Piña colada.

Majmun

InaudibleWhispa said:

I like cookies that are made with beer. But they don't really taste like beer, though.

I love my girly yummy colorful drinks. I got bailey's and coke once and it tastes like chocolate milk. MMMMMMM.

The only time I like beer is with pizza. What a marvelous combination.

Well if you enjoy the buzz, you learn to love the taste of alcohol.

Think about smoking . . . who the fuck voluntarily breathes in smoke? If there is a fire in your house, most people would leave. But these people light up and breathe in smoke!

I hate it.
I think my dislike for it stems from when I was in High School and I concocted a mean cocktail of about 10 different liquors which I found at home in the alco cabinet. I sculled a glass full of that crap.
I threw up like an hour later and the smell and taste are still etched into my brain and whenever I smell the stuff I get sick.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
hink about smoking . . . who the fuck voluntarily breathes in smoke? If there is a fire in your house, most people would leave. But these people light up and breathe in smoke!

Cause it feels good, man. Nothing better than a refreshing menthol smoke after a stiff drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom