• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcohol drinks are gross

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChanHuk said:
Sam Adams does not belong in the same sentence as Corona and Heineken which are utter crap.
I like Heineken and I like Sam Adams, Corona is pretty terrible though. It doesn't matter though, you proved my point, they taste different.

Someone who's "tried beer" hasn't really tried shit unless they've tasted various flavors. This guy that hates beer maybe drank a Corona, hell he may of chugged down a Budweiser and a Miller Light to... but has he tried Sam Adams? Amstel? Guiness? Sierra Nevada? Stella Artois? Pilsner Urquell? There's tons of different flavors out there, and totally lambasting a whole category of drinks is pretty silly - especially if you're speaking as a 23 year old kid who's only experience is college parties. On top of that, totally dismissing all alcoholic beverages for their taste, not just beer, is simply ridiculous.

Kagami

Alcohol itself tastes nasty to me. It's like aspartame. It doesn't matter what awesome things you mix with it--you just end up with awesome things + nasty taste.

Tenks

When drinking liquor I almost exclusively drink whiskey and scotch but I just cannot get into Maker's Mark. Far too dry for my tastes. Give me Jack anyday.

Or Famous Grouse scotch. That's hot shit.

orioto

Good Art™
Kagami said:
Alcohol itself tastes nasty to me. It's like aspartame. It doesn't matter what awesome things you mix with it--you just end up with awesome things + nasty taste.

This

I'm happy i'm not alone thx the the OP !

hermit7

Honestly while I can drink beer, and have tried a myriad of types, I prefer mixed drinks. They taste a bit better, and don't require the bloated feeling if I want to have more than 3.

Tom Collins, Long Island, Long Beaches, Gin and Tonic, and Rum and Coke are my go to drinks.

cwmartin

Tkawsome said:
With all these liquor themed threads we should just make an official booze-gaf thread.

The only people there would be the sober elitists, cause everyone else is busy getting drunk.

MercuryLS

Banned
Piggus said:
gAcuf.gif

All day everyday baby.

:lol

Can someone avatarize this for me?

cwmartin said:
The only people there would be the sober elitists, cause everyone else is busy getting drunk.

Maybe in the beginning. I still think a thread dedicated to beer/drink suggestions, bar or party stories and drinking games would be a pretty fun thread. Maybe even change the mindset of those people who think you need to get wrecked every time you drink.

Macmanus

Tenks said:
When drinking liquor I almost exclusively drink whiskey and scotch but I just cannot get into Maker's Mark. Far too dry for my tastes. Give me Jack anyday.

You simply haven't developed your bourbon pallet. Give it time.

Also I'm really curious what the age of the OP is. I'm guessing 14.

Piggus

I've never had alcohol that I thought tasted "good." Mixed drinks are good, but if you're drinking just for the effects then taste doesn't matter so much. Pound that shit down like a man and let the party come to you.

DurielBlack said:
I'm in the category of people that won't try alcohol or any intoxicating substances.

Only ever had a sip of wine (didn't like it), and never tried drugs. The smell of alcohol makes me nauseous. I used to work retail and hated holidays because of people coming in with alcohol breath. It literally makes me want to puke. Its right up there with green beans, guacamole, and shrimp as the most disgusting substances I know of.

Also I am already addicted to soda, I don't think I want to get hooked on drinking alcohol. I also don't understand why some people feel the need to bring booze to social gatherings to have a good time, when I can manage to have a blast without it and without having a hangover the next day.
Jesus.png

but seriously I love how gaf ha every sort of elitist, in threads like this you have people saying the likes of if you don't enjoy alcohol you have an inferior palate. Each to their own doesn't exist on GAF.

People differ, deal with it.

For me I don't drink often these days I used to drink more often but had some problems with my stomach and alcohol made it worse.

I still drink just less often. Never been a massive beer fan in honesty even after about 10 years and trying allsorts, prefer cider.

I love a nice ruby port with some good English cheese though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Jeff Albertson said:
if you don't enjoy alcohol you have an inferior palate. Each to their own doesn't exist on GAF.

dude also said he "doesn't like guac"

so, yea. inferior palate confirmed.

Mudkips

Banned
Second said:
I really can't stand the taste of alcohol. All drinks with alcohol in it are gross imo.

Agreed.

Nearly all alcoholic drinks taste like shit, and alcohol is expensive.

If you like it, great. Enjoy.
But I'll take a beverage that actually tastes good and costs less.

"Wodka", however, is colorless, odorless, and tasteless, by definition.

Kronotech

I waited until I was 26 to start drinking (for personal reasons). My first drink was Sparks and that was a mistake (disgusting). Then a Mike's Hard and it was delicious. Could hardly taste the alcohol. From that point on, I made it a point to be picky about my alcohol. I love Smirnoff Ice, Mike's, Hard Cider, and mixed Vodka drinks along with certain shots. I'm just now getting used to beer (some) after a year.

So for those who won't drink just because of the taste... have you tried every single alcoholic drink that exists? There are plenty of drinks out there that taste really good and will give you some fun times going out with friends. Some fun memories have been had in Tempe on Mill Ave with my best friend after I started drinking.

I used to be one of those "I don't have to drink to have fun" people but now that I drink, I'm one of those "I don't have to drink to have fun... but I sure have a lot of fun when I do" people.

If you don't drink, that's cool. But don't dismiss the idea just because the smell makes you gag. There are plenty of drinks that are easy to drink, tasty, and cheap.

Tenks

Macmanus said:
You simply haven't developed your bourbon pallet. Give it time.

Also I'm really curious what the age of the OP is. I'm guessing 14.

IDK I've been drinking bourbons since about 17. Makers just isn't my thing. I'll drink it but give me Jack, Walker, Grouse, Deward's any day. I would, however, take Makers over Jim. I hate, hate, HATE the taste of Jim.

-edit-

And before bourbon-age GAF gets ahold of this yes I'm aware only bourbon comes from the USA. I just put whiskey/bourbon/scotch under the same umbrella since they're all so similar.

Just got home from playing foosball all night while drinking Newcastle and $9/liter rum shots(more like mouthfuls - who needs shot glasses), delicious evening.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
All these drinking threads popping up on GAF lately make me want to grab a nice cold brewski, or popping open a bottle of ice wine I got from Duck Walk... shame I am stuck at work :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom