• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcohol drinks are gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

People who dislike drinking have had bad alcohol with people who drink to get drunk.

When you want to get drunk, it doesn't matter what kind of alcohol you drink. You just want to become intoxicated as quickly as possible.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Never really liked the taste of alchohol in general, ponche (rum eggnog) is fucking awesome though.

6868.jpg

PoncheCDO.jpg

speculawyer said:
Well if you enjoy the buzz, you learn to love the taste of alcohol.

Think about smoking . . . who the fuck voluntarily breathes in smoke? If there is a fire in your house, most people would leave. But these people light up and breathe in smoke!
Different kind of smoke. Would you rather inhale smoke from a plant, or from vinyl?

I dont like the taste of alchole but I still went to a college party and downed some vodka shots like a man. Also, I find Mike's Hard Lemonade to taste delicious.

Polk

The Big Rig said:
Different kind of smoke. Would you rather inhale smoke Acacia gum, Acetic acid, Acetone, 6 Acetoxydihydrotheaspirane, 2 Acetyl pyrazine, 2 Acetyl pyridine, Alga resinoid, oleoresin and oil, Allura Red, Almond oil, Aluminium carbonate, Aluminium lactate, Aluminium phosphate, Aluminium trihydroxide, Amber oil, Ambrette seed oil, Ammonium acetate, +Amyl valerate, Angelica root extract, Anise and oil, para Anisyl alcohol, Arachis oil, Azorubin, Balsam oil, Beech tar extract, Benzaldehyde, Benzyl acetate, Bergamot oil, Bornyl acetate, Butyl acetate, Cadinene single, Calcium hydroxide, Camphene, d Camphor, Carbon dioxide, Carrot seed oil, Cascarilla oil, Cinnamyl acetate, Clove stem oil, Coriander extract, Cubeb oil, Cypress oil, Decanal, Diatomaceous earth, Diethyl sebacate, Ethyl formate, Eucalyptol, Eugenol, Formic acid, Gentian root extract, Geranium rose oil, Ginger oil, Glyceryl triacetate, Guar gum, Hexanoic acid, Hexyl alcohol, Humic acid, Hydroxypropyl cellulose, Iron oxides, Isoamyl alcohol, Isobutyl phenethyl alcohol, Keto dihydroisophorone, Isopropyl alcohol, Labdanum absolute, Lauric acid, Lemongrass oil, Lime oil, Linaloe wood oil, Linalyl acetate, Mimosa absolute, Methyl cellulose, Molasses extract, Mullein flowers, Musk pod extract, Phenethyl alcohol, Pigment Red, Polyvinyl acetate homo-polymer, Potassium chloride, Propane, Propionic acid, Propyl phenyl acetate, Pyroligneous acid extract, Quebracho bark extract, Rhodinol, Rose water, Rosemary oil, Rum ether., or from vinyl?
fixed

Zeppu

While I disagree completely and know for a fact that you are wrong, if you don't like drinks and don't see a point in drinking, then just don't drink. It's really that easy.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i also dislike it. all of it tastes acrid to me.

i drink eggnog at christmas, eat fruitcake, and i cook with wine sometimes. outside of these circumstances, i essentially have zero interest in booze, and have always been that way.

I only hate booze the next day after a heavy night out. I ALWAYS regret it, only to do the same again a week later.

Last night I tried a new drink though, Rum & Lemonade. Simple but easy to go down. Especially after you get sick of drinking lager all night.

Snuggler said:
Cause it feels good, man. Nothing better than a refreshing menthol smoke after a stiff drink.
That's my point. People smoke because they enjoy the effect it gives them. Not because they like breathing in smoke.

Moobabe

I hate beer too but love Cider. Try something like Bailey's or other milk based ones, they are truly delicious. Or advocaat.... Damn this thread is making me want a drink.

Polk said:
Drink more water.

I currently drink over 2ltrs a day. It's something which has got worse as I have got older.

In my teens, I didn't have a single hangover and I would drink a ridiculous amount. Today, I'm guaranteed a stinking headache after 4 beers. Sometimes I do get lucky though and wake up feeling like I could run a marathon!

entremet

beelzebozo said:
i also dislike it. all of it tastes acrid to me.

i drink eggnog at christmas, eat fruitcake, and i cook with wine sometimes. outside of these circumstances, i essentially have zero interest in booze, and have always been that way.
I like to drink, but it took me a while to develop a taste for it. Most alcoholic drinks are best when paired with food anyway. Beer and burgers, red wine and steak, etc. I find it difficult just to drink without eating as well, although I can't resist a gin and tonic, which is my go to bar drink.

Polk

MarkMclovin said:
I currently drink over 2ltrs a day. It's something which has got worse as I have got older.
Drink more water between shots (or when you finished). Don't let your body dehydrate.

Retro

Drink Gin...

Nah, just kidding. If you can't stand the flavorless rubbing-alcohol-esque Wodka, you'll probably take a sniff of Gin and run. Gin was the first booze I ever tried, and despite some peoples' claims that it tastes like foot/skin... I love a good Gin and Tonic. A Gin Buck is also pretty nice, been having more than a few of those lately.

Learn which kind of cocktails you can tolerate, some a really great at covering up specific flavors. I hear screwdrivers are a nice place to start, the Orange Juice's acidity covers up the alcohol somewhat. Rum and Coke is also pretty decent. A 7&7 (Whiskey and 7-up) is also kind of mild; I usually start my nights with one or have one with dinner.

If you're not at a bar you can generally scale back on the booze-to-mixer ratio. A shot of anything mixed with a can of soda usually isn't too bad, but you can honestly start with half a shot if you can still taste it.

Don't feel like you have to start downing shots and get as drunk as quickly as possible... Kids race to get drunk; grown ups enjoy.

Either find something you can tolerate, get used to it, drink 'girly' booze (Mike's Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff Ice, which are actually not that bad) or just don't drink at all. Unless you're in high school or a frat, nobody is going to make fun of you for what you're drinking or abstaining from booze entirely.

Jtones

Banned
Snuggler said:
Also, Bloody Mary's are so delicious. Extra spicy with a phat dill fuckin pickle in it, it's almost too good.

This.

And come on, who doesn't like beer. How can you live without drinking a nice fresh beer every once in a while? Tell me, please.

Majmun

Retro said:
Learn to drink cocktails, or just don't drink at all. Unless you're in high school or a frat, nobody is going to make fun of you for not drinking.

Yeah, seriously. :lol

It's legal to drink in my country when you're 16 years old. So the people you see here being drunk are mostly stupid teenagers. Because they think that drinking and being drunk is cool and all.

Moobabe

Jtones said:
This.

And come on, who doesn't like beer. How can you live without drinking a nice fresh beer every once in a while? Tell me, please.

Loads of people don't like beer, personally I've never developed a taste for it. Maybe I haven't tasted the right ones; any recommendations?

This is getting silly now!!

OP what is your diet like? Is it varied? or do you just eat a range of bland processed foods everyday?

You may be put off because alcohol actually works your tastebuds and gives different sensations.

I love alcohol for its taste, don't drink to get drunk, I'll usually have one or two glasses, obviously it has an effect but I never drink till I fall over.

I can find a beer you'll like. I am nearly 100% certain.

List your favorite food/drink flavors. Do not limit this list to what you think beer is capable of. Just list 'em.

Big-E

For people who don't drink I always wondered what it is like when you go out to a fancy restaurant. What do you order with your meal? Ordering mineral water I guess could cover stuff up but it just looks weird if no wine is ordered with a meal.

AVclub

I'm a frequent drinking and I agree with OP. Most alcohol tastes gross. By it's very nature it is made from stuff that's been spoiled so bad that it kills your brain cells if you ingest it. However, many people find that intoxicating feeling to be a pleasurable one. Combine that with the fact that a good bar tender can make strong liquor taste delicious, and you've got a winning combination for social lubricant.

I try not to drink any thing that tastes gross. So I am usually relegated to fruity drinks, but I'm okay with that.

-PXG-

Can I please get through one day on GAF where I don't read a thread about pussy ass bullshit? You're fucking MEN. Grow some balls. Most of you guys are chill, but some of you...Jesus...

Anyway, my drank

1232.gif

Linkified

Second said:
I really can't stand the taste of alcohol. All drinks with alcohol in it are gross imo.

Beer - gross
Wodka - disgusting
Wine - gross
Random sweet alcohol drink - gross
Champagne - drinkable, but still tastes bad

Even the smell of alcohol makes me feel bad. I'm 25 years old and have tasted many alcohol drinks in my life. Do I have to learn to like alcohol by drinking more of it or am I just lucky that I don't like it? I just don't understand how people can drink so much of it. And in the end they'll only embarrass themselves by being drunk and acting stupid.

Am I the only one in GAF who doesn't like the taste of alcohol???

I see where you are going wrong you ain't drinking cider. Plus its about knowing ones limits.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
-PXG- said:

Ah, the suicide rum.
I tried mixing that stuff into some cola once and it all floated up to the top and tasted like fire when I drank it. Yuck.
If anyone wants to start drinking beer I'd personally recommend Newcastle as a starter. It's so smooth and sweet.
2ez6zuq.jpg

MmmmmMMmmmm....

Fordzilla

-PXG- said:
Can I please get through one day on GAF where I don't read a thread about pussy ass bullshit? You're fucking MEN. Grow some balls
I agree. Not all alcohol tastes great, you just have to find the proper, non-shit-dirt-cheap stuff that suits your taste. The same is true of food or other drinks. A $1 double cheeseburger from McDonald's tastes like shit compared to a proper burger at a steakhouse.

Anyway, my drank

http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/images/products/1232.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh lord, the things that have occurred while drinking that.

Also

-PXG-
-liar-
(Today, 03:07 PM)

Majmun

travisbickle said:
This is getting silly now!!

OP what is your diet like? Is it varied? or do you just eat a range of bland processed foods everyday?

You may be put off because alcohol actually works your tastebuds and gives different sensations.

I eat everything. And I mean everything. There isn't many food that I don't like. I love to eat! I rarely eat fastfood, though.

HappyBivouac said:
List your favorite food/drink flavors. Do not limit this list to what you think beer is capable of. Just list 'em.

I love to drink coke. It's one of my favourite drinks. But I can't stand 'baco' drink. I love caramel, but I can't drink Bailieys. I like apples and love to drink apple juice, but I can't drink Apfelkorn.

Etc etc.
I just think that my body dislikes alcohol for a reason. I also get drunk very fast and sick too if I drink alcohol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Second said:
Yeah, seriously. :lol

It's legal to drink in my country when you're 16 years old. So the people you see here being drunk are mostly stupid teenagers. Because they think that drinking and being drunk is cool and all.

FacePalm.gif

DarkKyo

A lot of times if I want to get drunk I'll just do shots 'cause the pain is minimal and I can have a good-tasting chaser after. However, some mixed drinks are actually pretty tasty imo.

-PXG-

I drink alcohol in moderation. I'm not suggesting that you have to get piss ass drunk. Been there, done that. It's not that fun and gets old fast. Plus, it can get you in a mess of trouble.

If you know someone or dealt with alcoholism, I understand if you're adverse to consuming alcohol. That's fine. But come on, there's gotta be SOMETHING that you like.

I'm not a big beer drinker. I drink beer on occasion. I've grown to like it's taste. Beer with certain foods is heaven. I like rum straight, but usually, I mix it with coke. More rum that coke obviously ;)

Cognac is alright. Vodka is nasty. Whiskey is fucking gasoline. I don't know how my dad can drink it. He's always bitching about how they've watered down his Jack Daniels :lol

Linkified

Snuggler said:
Ah, the suicide rum.
I tried mixing that stuff into some cola once and it all floated up to the top and tasted like fire when I drank it. Yuck.
If anyone wants to start drinking beer I'd personally recommend Newcastle as a starter. It's so smooth and sweet.
2ez6zuq.jpg

MmmmmMMmmmm....

Oh yeah Newcaslt Brown Ale is the best theres some other ones which you may like such as Leffe also smooth almost buttery in taste.

I don't drink to get drunk; in fact, I avoid it. But there's nothing like a smooth, flavorful beer, especially with a good barbecue. When somebody tells me they think beer tastes like piss, the only thing I can figure is that their only experience with beer was a shitty American macrobrew like Budweiser or something similar.

Newcastle really is a good starter brew, as pointed out! It's so smooth and it goes great with a steak dinner or a good burger!

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I think it is all about the environment.

Beer- Beer tastes better when you're at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs.

Mixed drinks w/umbrellas- You need to be at a beach to enjoy paradise in a glass. This is all I drink when I'm in the Florida Keys or Marco Island.

Straight shots- I have to be at a wedding or some other event to knock them back.

If I'm just sitting at home I'm going to smoke pot before drinking alcohol.

Retro

HappyBivouac said:
I can find a beer you'll like. I am nearly 100% certain.

Alright, I'm game. Contrary to what people have said, not everybody enjoys beer. However, I chalk it up to just not having found the right kind yet because beer isn't something I actively seek out; I prefer to stick with the hard stuff I know I like.

So, favorite food and drink flavors. Food-wise, I'd say salty snacks over sweet. Robust flavors like good (read: not pizza) Italian food. Cheeses, very few meats. I like spicy foods but not tear-inducing spicy.

Drink wise, citrus flavors, but nothing too syrupy. I swore off colas a while ago, but will drink a few if it's mixed into something. Orange / Grapefruit juice. Sprite, not Mountain Dew. Lemonade and Ice Tea too.

The beers I've tired are Pale Moon Ale (unpleasant), Heineken (absolutely didn't like) Budweiser (disliked) and MGD (tolerable). Those are all kind of in a really limited scope, I realize, so... that's why I'm asking.

My main dislike of beer so far has just been the way it seems to sit in your stomach, it's heavier than liquor so I get that sort of "I ate too much" sick/full feeling. But I'll try anything you want to suggest.

-PXG- said:
I drink alcohol in moderation. I'm not suggesting that you have to get piss ass drunk. Been there, done that. It's not that fun and gets old fast. Plus, it can get you in a mess of trouble.

If you know someone or dealt with alcoholism, I understand if you're adverse to consuming alcohol. That's fine. But come on, there's gotta be SOMETHING that you like.

I'm not a big beer drinker. I drink beer on occasion. I've grown to like it's taste. Beer with certain foods is heaven. I like rum straight, but usually, I mix it with coke. More rum that coke obviously ;)

Cognac is alright. Vodka is nasty. Whiskey is fucking gasoline. I don't know how my dad can drink it. He's always bitching about how they've watered down his Jack Daniels :lol

Nothing like a good beer with a meal man. My current favorite is lion stout, a sri lankan, chocolately type stout that goes down smooth.

CiSTM

Banned
speculawyer said:
That's my point. People smoke because they enjoy the effect it gives them. Not because they like breathing in smoke.

WRONG!

Or does taste count as effect ? I mean go and smoke good cigar and tell me you didn't like the taste. Same goes for good whisky/rum/cognac delicious :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom