• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 42 wrestlers of Legends of Wrestlemania game revealed

Guy Legend

WHERE IS HE

martel2.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Forkball said:
I just don't get the point of this game. It's not like we haven't played as Bret Hart or The Rock recently in a video game (heck, weren't these guys in SvR 2008?). It seems to be entirely nostalgia driven and I don't see the SvR fanbase being wowed by anything in this game.
I'd sooner play this game over SvR 09 simply because it's been so long since I've watched wrestling that I no longer recognize 90% of the SvR roster. So yeah, nostalgia. They're probably banking on guys like me.

Forkball said:
I just don't get the point of this game. It's not like we haven't played as Bret Hart or The Rock recently in a video game (heck, weren't these guys in SvR 2008?). It seems to be entirely nostalgia driven and I don't see the SvR fanbase being wowed by anything in this game.

Take a look into WWE's DVD sales and it'll show that usually the "nostalgia" sets are huge sellers.

There's always been a demand for them to do a WWE Legends game, and now it exists.

Guy Legend said:
It's even existed before:

legends-of-wrestling.428961.jpg

Legends_of_Wrestling_II_Coverart.png

showdown-legends-of-wrestling-56368.297620.jpg

They sucked terribly and they still sold.

Those games were the sole reason they started including legends in the WWE titles.

Ciel said:
Macho Man tried to bone a teenaged Stephanie McMahon or something right?

Yep. been blacklisted ever since.

Penguin

I don't get it.. they have the Anvil, but not Owen?

Sure he might not have the greatest Wrestlemania streak, but Hunter Hearse Hemsley was only in 2 Manias. One of them he got squashed in less than 30 seconds and the other was against Goldust.

Unless, I'm missing somehting.

Hell, how many was Kamala in?

Outcast2004 said:
Yep. been blacklisted ever since.

That is not true. He made crass comments about her, but I'm fairly sure the notion that he actually tried to do something to her many years ago has been denied.

He's apparently very hard to work with and fell out badly with McMahon, but the forthcoming DVD set suggests that there's been a little bit of defrosting, so to speak. Probably just came too late to have an effect on the game.

TheDrowningMan said:
That is not true. He made crass comments about her, but I'm fairly sure the notion that he actually tried to do something to her many years ago has been denied.

He's apparently very hard to work with and fell out badly with McMahon, but the forthcoming DVD set suggests that there's been a little bit of defrosting, so to speak. Probably just came too late to have an effect on the game.

There's more evidence pointing to the alleged act than there is contrary.

Let's face it... Vince has taken back just about everyone over the years. Including people like Snuka who he basically had to overllook a dead hooker in his room, Hogan's constant politicing and dicking over...hell the doors even open for Brock if UFC doesn't pan out.

It's real basic, if there's money to be made Vince can overlook a ton of shit.l So whatever Macho di must have been HUGE to be blackballed.

BTW, the DVD is strictly matches. No interviews from Mach or even the people he knew...just matches.
There's zero involvement from Randy Savage. It's strictly a cash grab from archive footage due to high fan demand.

Penguin said:
I don't get it.. they have the Anvil, but not Owen?

Sure he might not have the greatest Wrestlemania streak, but Hunter Hearse Hemsley was only in 2 Manias. One of them he got squashed in less than 30 seconds and the other was against Goldust.

Unless, I'm missing somehting.

Hell, how many was Kamala in?
Ask Diana Hart why Owne isn't in.
Shes the excutor of the Owen Hart estate. any and all merchandise attempts have been turned down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ciel said:
Macho Man tried to bone a teenaged Stephanie McMahon or something right?
Just Tried ?
Little offtopic but : Who is the girl on your avatar?

Big-E

Why would people expect Owen in this? Hasn't his wife pretty much cut of all ties with the WWE and will have nothing to do with it? Macho Man is understandable too but I really don't see why he has to punish Nash and Hall. Their departure did royally screw you over but that was the past and could you really blame them for wanting to leave?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Flakster99 said:
Excellent list! Though, the lack of Macho Man and Ravishing Rick Rude sucks.

rude.jpg

Rick Rude is actually in the game.

ElyrionX

You know, that is a fantastic roster and if the gameplay is good, this could be the first wrestling game I buy in 15 years. Last one I bought was WWF Raw on the SNES. :lol

Forkball said:

You answered your own question there.

EDIT: Where is Lex Luger? Razor Ramon? Tatanka?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Where is Goldberg?!
You know guys, the game cant have every single wrestler! :lol

Outtrigger888 said:
My mom use to date rick rude back in the day lol, and my aunt almost got married to hawk or animal one of those dudes.

when he would come over to pick her up did he tell all your fat, ugly, out of shape trailer trash relatives to step aside, so he could show your mom what a real man was all about?

Ninja Scooter said:
when he would come over to pick her up did he tell all your fat, ugly, out of shape trailer trash relatives to step aside, so he could show your mom what a real man was all about?

:lol

Ill ask her about him later today, my dad always does an impression of him when he would get brought up, pretty funny shit

Dwayne

Outcast2004 said:
BTW, the DVD is strictly matches. No interviews from Mach or even the people he knew...just matches.
There's zero involvement from Randy Savage. It's strictly a cash grab from archive footage due to high fan demand.

I hadn't heard that - JR's blog makes it sound like there will be at least promos, where'd you read this?

Penguin

mr_sockochris said:
No Benoit? :'(
Let's be frank this is a Legends of Wrestlemania game.
There has to be a cutoff at some point.

And in my opinion that cutoff would be Wrestlemania 17 which I personally mark as the end of the Attitude era with one final, epic Rock/Austin confrontation. And the last PPV after the whole WCW angle went to crap.

I think this game ends the mark at 15 haven't seen anything past it yet.

Penguin said:
Let's be frank this is a Legends of Wrestlemania game.
There has to be a cutoff at some point.

And in my opinion that cutoff would be Wrestlemania 17 which I personally mark as the end of the Attitude era with one final, epic Rock/Austin confrontation. And the last PPV after the whole WCW angle went to crap.

I think this game ends the mark at 15 haven't seen anything past it yet.

and he has that whole "murdered his wife and son" thing going against him too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Silly.Mikey said:
theres more legend announcements monday i think on ign.

Hopefully related to Monday's IGN announcement--Not sure if anybody here has heard, but there was supposedly a screenshot with 6 question marks on the character roster posted on the game's website for awhile. It was promptly taken down off the game's website, and nobody was able to get pictures of it. 2 of the question marks were tag teams while the other 4 were singles wrestlers.

The question marks were in front of character outlines. Those who saw it claimed that one looked clearly like Earthquake, one had a headband like Steamboat, one had slicked back hair (most likely Rick Martel), and weren't sure about the rest.

Plinko

Ninja Scooter said:
and he has that whole "murdered his wife and son" thing going against him too.

WWE has gone to great lengths to erase Benoit from their footage. There's no chance they include him in a game.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Posting From PsP As Is The Case When I Use Alternating Caps. Somehow Posted As Duplicates. I Call A HotTag To A Mod Survivor Series Style. BISH HELP!

Top Bottom