• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 42 wrestlers of Legends of Wrestlemania game revealed

mollipen

Penguin said:
I don't get it.. they have the Anvil, but not Owen?

Sure he might not have the greatest Wrestlemania streak, but Hunter Hearse Hemsley was only in 2 Manias. One of them he got squashed in less than 30 seconds and the other was against Goldust.

Unless, I'm missing somehting.

I just have to say, I love how there are THREE (now four thanks to me) pages to this thread, the Owen question was answered on page two, and yet this question was still asked.

FightyF

Banned
Yeah this game seems ripe for DLC, but the odds of that are low (funny how BS DLC always makes it way into games, but legit DLC in the form of new characters is too much to ask for).

I'd like some more mid-card/jobbers in there. Some of them were pretty memorable. Brooklyn Brawler and the like. As far as mid carders go Red Rooster, the Viking/Berzerker, Ric Martel, etc.

Some really surprising omissions. Some have been explained here, but some I don't understand.

Kingpen

I just got seriously hyped for this game. It not only has a kick ass roster, but I watched a few of the matches and see that there is a quick time event element to some of the grappling system that I didn't know about. As long as it isn't for the entire grappling system, I'm cool with that. I think that a quick time event system with higher difficulty could be fun to play.

I also read on gaming ring that there is a scan in the WWE magazine that shows a screen of this game with Jake the Snake wrapping the Python around Randy Orton's head (because of the wrestler import feature).

I think this game just shot up from a non buy to a day one blind buy for me. Nostalgia is a huge factor in this. I gotta think they had to have had some of the gameplay features of 09 in mind with the wrestler import feature, and that would be a good thing.

Only thing I see that is questionable is some of the animation transition, but that is a concession I'll be willing to live with.

El-Suave

The Nasty Boys would also be a good addition in my book. The game really could use a few more tag teams.

I haven't bought a wrestling game since the Super Nintendo. This time I might actually buy it since my nephew is getting a little bit into wrestling and he needs to know some wrestlers from when it was still good.

Dwayne said:
I hadn't heard that - JR's blog makes it sound like there will be at least promos, where'd you read this?
Just taking what I read from PWInsider.com
Well... promos are archive footage as well.

There may be one or two "I remember" sort of things from people like Steamboat. But no Macho himself. He's not involved in any way shape or form.

Kingpen

New IGN vid posted of the final guys in their countdown. No surpises there except for Michael Hayes (who the heck is that and why is he deserving).

I really hope the rumors are true of hidden wrestlers. This game needs more Earthquake, Steamboat and Demolition bad.

I'm itching to trade SvR 09 for this, but need to get some kind of guarantee that this isn't just a nostalgia based shallow experience.

I love the roster, but need to know the modes / match types available.

Top Bottom