• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

RPGCrazied

So I guess so far, there is 3 dungeons confirmed?

Forest
Fire
Water

Well, you see swimming segments, think its only fair there will be a water temple.

Sinoox

Banned
Persona7 said:
How much are game informers at gamestop?

For a single issue probably a few bucks. A year subscription is ridiculously cheap though, I'd go ahead and get that if I were you. GameInformer is an awesome magazine.

Kard8p3

I'm actually surprised there's no gif floating around of the new Ghirahim scene. I think every other scene we've seen him in has been made into a gif so I wonder how long it'll take this time.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kard8p3 said:
I'm actually surprised there's no gif floating around of the new Ghirahim scene. I think every other scene we've seen him in has been made into a gif so I wonder how long it'll take this time.

I've been trying to make one, but gifsoup is being a bitch.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I forgot I have Vegas Pro...

RagnarokX

RPGCrazied said:

Forest
Fire
Water

Well, you see swimming segments, think its only fair there will be a water temple.
But so far the swimming segments have been flooded versions of the forest area.

Amir0x

Banned
BY2K said:
And it better be good.

it won't have no fancy artsy photoshop banners. Just very business-like, like all my official threads! I tend to think people prefer the business-like topics, from my experience.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
RPGCrazied said:

Forest
Fire
Water

Yeah, plus the cover art has the emblems of Farore, Din, and Nayru and I assume, unless you get the Nayru one again for free like in Wind Waker, a Water Dungeon will follow.

Hope the later dungeons mix it up like Twilight Princess did.

RPGCrazied said:

Forest
Fire
Water

Desert seems very likely.

And wasn't the E3 dungeon the Sky Temple?

And there was that almost Arabic themed one from the GDC Conference.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Amir0x said:
it won't have no fancy artsy photoshop banners. Just very business-like, like all my official threads! I tend to think people prefer the business-like topics, from my experience.

Can you link one, so I can see what I'm in for?

Amir0x

Banned
BY2K said:
Can you link one, so I can see what I'm in for?

God I can't remember the last time I did a real official thread... *thinks back*

Ah... Shadow of the Colossus topic. Lots of the images don't work anymore, and of course that lame countdown shit didn't work out and now I segment each section with a simple bit of line work as seen in this topic. That topic is an example of how comprehensive I can be within a relatively simple layout.

Kard8p3

Amir0x said:
God I can't remember the last time I did a real official thread... *thinks back*

Ah... Shadow of the Colossus topic. Lots of the images don't work anymore, and of course that lame countdown shit didn't work out and now I segment each section with a simple bit of line work as seen in this topic. That topic is an example of how comprehensive I can be within a relatively simple layout.

You had a nice OT for Mario Galaxy too.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200503

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Kard8p3 said:
I'm kinda sorta trying to go on a media blackout now that we're getting closer to release, so I haven't really been churning out any gifs of the new footage.

Which scene and from what trailer?

HYDE

Banned
HYDE said:
Have we gotten a higher resolution picture of the box art shown at the conference for SS?

vsmm88.jpg

This one, anyone?

Found a little bit better one.
902693.jpg

Please post if you can outdo this GAF!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I can't make the god damn gif.

Those freaking useless programs that won't do shit unless you buy the whole thing and give you shit quality won't let me to.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Seriously, this new footage sent me from mildly excited to fucking pumped. Don't know why I ever doubted the Zelda team.

Nix

Banned
Would have liked combat to be less...I don't know. Swish Swish? Although, all 3-D zelda's have been relatively swish-swish in that regard.

BY2K

Membero Americo
igoxSmOUh01v2.gif

Best that I can do...

EDIT: Don't tell me I got beaten, for Christ's sake!

Ghirahim looks happy... WAY too happy about what he just did, whatever it is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I hope the motion control mechanics works well in this game. I REALLY hope it works well.

Other than that, I have no concerns whatsoever.

Oh, and this game BETTER have a happy ending,

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The thing behind Zelda reminds me of a cartoonish rendition of the Mirror of Twilight...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Watch Da Birdie said:
The thing behind Zelda reminds me of a cartoonish rendition of the Mirror of Twilight...

I have a few questions about that thing.

Why does it rotate? Is it a clock?
What's its purpose? It's so important it's on the cover.
Why is it the only thing we've seen yet aside from the Hylian Shield with the Triforce on it?
Why is there a music partition on it?

So many questions!

BY2K said:

What's its purpose? It's so important it's on the cover.
Why is it the only thing we've seen yet aside from the Hylian Shield with the Triforce on it?

So many questions!
Its the frozen donkey wheel.

Altazor

Watch Da Birdie said:

it reminds me of Termina's Clock Tower o_O. And also, I'll be Captain fuckin' Obvious here but, that clock/wheel/mirror/whatever is also on the game's boxart.

edit: beaten regarding the boxart.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Nix said:
Would have liked combat to be less...I don't know. Swish Swish? Although, all 3-D zelda's have been relatively swish-swish in that regard.

Link uses a sword.

Swords go swish swish.

cajunator

Banned
BY2K said:
igoxSmOUh01v2.gif

Best that I can do...

He looks unspeakably evil. Like a cowboys fan. I bet he talks during movies too.

BY2K said:
igoxSmOUh01v2.gif

Best that I can do...

I would like to point out that Ghirahim is so badarse he's willing to let shattered glass go through his wide open eyes with a smile on his face, while pussy Leon Kennedy covers his face with his HUGE arm

talk about being fabulously badass

Medalion

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
I would like to point out that Ghirahim is so badarse he's willing to let shattered glass go through his wide open eyes with a smile on his face, while pussy Leon Kennedy covers his face with his HUGE arm

talk about being fabulously badass
You go girl!

Flare

BY2K said:
igoxSmOUh01v2.gif

Best that I can do...

I swear that wheel in the back is on the Wiimote+ boxart, behind Link.

BY2K said:

The way it rotates back and forth it looks like a captain's wheel to a ship
Well it's been confirmed that there is a musical instrument in the game perhaps you control the device with the instrument.(I think it's been confirmed to be a Lyre but I'm not sure)
So many questions!
These are all guesses on my part. It looks like Ghirahim destroys it though.

What I'm curious about is how the over/under world will work. It looks like Link can fly anywhere he wants and in the GI footage you could see lots of islands nearby. I wonder if they will put restrictions on where you can fly? I also am guessing that you have to activate beacons to be able to drop to the land below instead of being able to access all areas.

I'm also curious about Zelda's role. It doesn't seem like she will be captured at first since Ghirahim is after her in the Forest temple while Link is trying to save her and she appears to flee towards the
Fire Temple
. I wonder what mission she's trying to accomplish since she runs from the Forest Temple to the
Fire Temple
and is either captured or escapes again.

Desert seems very likely.

And wasn't the E3 dungeon the Sky Temple?
I'd agree on the desert.

No, the E3 dungeon was the 1st dungeon in the game which is the Forest Temple.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
No, it was called the Sky Temple.

I believe it may have gotten a name change. We know the E3 dungeon is the first one because they said it was. We also know the forest temple is the first temple because it was confirmed in the new game informer. Perhaps the sky temple portion is within the forest.

ExMachina said:

Thank you for making that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Lord_Byron28 said:
These are all guesses on my part. It looks like Ghirahim destroys it though.

Maybe not destroy, but likely breaks it. Check it, you'll need to repair it.

Top Bottom