• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright Gaf let's settle it, what is the BEST MGSV Trailer?

This is a really tough decision, as Kojima is a master at trailer editing.

For my personal tastes though, I'm going to go with the TPP reveal trailer.

I really dig the strange and eerie mood of that it portrayed. It's the kind of vibe I hope is maintained to some degree in the actual game. I'm excited to see BB struggling with his inner demons and for the potential build up of him slowly losing touch with reality and his humanity.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
E3 2013 (woah 2013?!) Red Band trailer is as good as it gets. The song, the extended gameplay, those character intros, the story teases without being too spoilery. Juuuuust right.

Premium quotage from beginning to end too. ALL FOR REVENCH!

Paz (SHE SHURFIFE????)
Fucking #DEAD
WORDS THAT KILL

Ame

NUCLEAR
tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif

Yup, the E3 2014 trailer did it for me. A lot of badass imagery with Mike Oldfield's Nuclear.

Disgraced

None of them because I'm told they're riddled with spoilers.

I'm sure they're cut together great and are totally bone-chilling and epic. I still listen to the song choices. Those are pretty damn rad.

Toa TAK

Banned
The original The Phantom Pain trailer when it was still being "done by" Moby Dick Studios.

That trailer was intense as hell.

Second place is Sins of the Father, though.

So much to choose, but if I had to select one it would be the E3 2015, since it's the most powerful one in terms of emotion.

tensuke

Phantom Pain VGA trailer. When you thought the protag looked like Snake but you weren't completely sure the first go around and the whole trailer was full of mindfuck. That flaming whale, man.

brian!

they're all great, i feel like i would have liked the one with elegia the most but i had already over-listened to the track so i was kinda of like oh it's new order

Caffeine

sins of a father was the only good trailer imo the rest were all meh in comparison. the latest one from e3 was probably the worst one :/.

The initial reveal in the hospital was pretty badass, then sins of a father was the peak.

nuclear was okay i honestly dont remember any other trailers up till this e3's

E3 2015.

I always loved the trailers with quotes from the game. What's being discussed has some weight to it. There's some finality to the feel of the trailer, with the beautiful and eerie elegia playing in the background and the connections to the past games with words being the key to control.

Since ancient times, every civilisation's ruler has had the same idea. When people unite under one will, they become stronger than the sum of their parts. And what do rulers use to bring people together? Language.

This world will become one. I have found the way. Race, tribal affiliations, national borders... even our faces will be irrelevant.

In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the world's ever known isn't microbial, it's linguistic. Words are what keep civilisation, our world, alive.

Free the world, not by taking men's lives, but by taking their tongues.

With this, I rid the world of infestation, sans lingua franca, the world will be torn asunder... and then, it shall be free.

Top Bottom