• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday calendar revealed

Damn this is tough decision I mean the Amazon deal might be ~$170 or so.

I think getting a Vita ($150) and a PS+ ($30) might be a good deal but you still need a MC.

Yeah, though a 4GB MC isn't that much, is it? I'd rather pay $150 and then get a 16GB MC separately.

Lol did not expect Beyond to go out THAT fast. Faster than TLoU. When the clock hit 0 it refreshed and went to 5 seconds. WTF? Had a chance a 51% but when I added it to my cart... nothing. Did it again... nope. Amazon trippin (or my Internet).

Congrats to those who got it!

Pryce

Im about to get TLoU @ walmart for $25, and dont have to wait till Monday to get it...

The Walmart near be had noone waiting at 12:00PM. Going in about an hour to try to grab it.

Hoping everyone will be too distracted by the cheap TV's.

Mrg8523-

I managed to get Beyond but not Last of Us. For some reason Amazon said that I had claimed it and that it was in my cart but it never showed up. Contacted Customer Service to see if they could help and all they could do was tell me to join the waiting list. Unfortunately since the site thought that I had bought the game it wasn't giving me the option to join it. :(

I the Ratchet and Clank collection for $10 which I was going to get anyway. Didn't want Beyond or TLOU from this particular deal. Can't believe God of War Collection is only $15, that's $3 a game. Too bad I just don't think I'll enjoy any of the games.

Crayons

Banned
I find it kind of fascinating that Beyond sold out faster than TLoU.

It is really fascinating. I should've been clicking on Beyond rather than TLOU when the deal first showed up.

Now it looks like I have no chance at Beyond, no Walmarts around here either.

All good games. No need to feel remorse. You are supporting hard working developers who delivered a good product worth playing. A cheap buy is still better than no buy.

Yeah, I'm glad to support the industry that I love. Also wish I could have got Beyond Two Souls but it went faster than the Last of Us and I barely got that.
lol

Gonna keep my eye on the Vita bundle. I prefer buying from Amazon so prolly gonna hold off till 3am for that unless I find something that convinces me otherwise.

Crayons

Banned
WYIWfRS.png

PANIC

PS3 Bundle is back up. Just picked it up with the Ico collection, Journey collection, GoW collection, Kingdom Hearts collection and Puppeteer.

Lol did not expect Beyond to go out THAT fast. Faster than TLoU. When the clock hit 0 it refreshed and went to 5 seconds. WTF? Had a chance a 51% but when I added it to my cart... nothing. Did it again... nope. Amazon trippin (or my Internet).

It's pretty awesome. I assume it's just that most people already bought The Last of Us when it was new or played it otherwise by now. So not many people interested, since it is older. Beyond on the other hand a lot of people were interested in playing, but were likely hesitant because of the $60 price tag. They just waited for a deal like this to finally pick it up.

Thinking about it it makes perfect sense.

It is really fascinating. I should've been clicking on Beyond rather than TLOU when the deal first showed up.

Now it looks like I have no chance at Beyond, no Walmarts around here either.
Should be reduced at other retailers as well I think. I'm not sure about $25 though.

Yeah, I'm glad to support the industry that I love. Also wish I could have got Beyond Two Souls but it went faster than the Last of Us and I barely got that.
lol
Can't get everything. Maybe next time :D

sn00zer

PS3 Bundle is back up. Just picked it up with the Ico collection, Journey collection, GoW collection, Kingdom Hearts collection and Puppeteer.

Damn that is a good start
EDIT: lol though as its mostly PS2 games....really great though if you havent played them BE SURE TO PLAY GHOSTS OF SPARTA

rCIZZLE

Since there's no black friday thread I'm seeing I'll ask here... is the 30 dollar PS+ deal at every major store (bestbuy, walmart, amazon, gamestop) or just a couple?

Lemstar

I can almost guarantee that it's because a lot of people had the promo for $20 off Beyond from trading in $20+ of items left over, back when both that offer and $30 off a DualShock 4 for trading in $30+ of items were active.

Is it worth buying Enemy Within for 20?

Strange that it's not the downloadable version...

I've just finished a playthrough of it and loved it. I haven't played XCOM since a month after it's release so it was great to have an excuse to play through again. It's not a super different game compared to the original, adds a new resource and some cool ways to spend that resource (genetic modifications and MECHs) and a few new council mission scenarios, as well as a new covert enemy faction and systems for dealing with them.

Overall if you haven't played XCOM in awhile it's enough fresh content to warrant diving back in for sure, and if you never played XCOM it's a must buy for pretty much anyone IMO.

TheChits

Alright so I know the $150 3DS XL deal on amazon has passed, but will they be repeating it? My friend has decided that he wants an xl so I'd like to get him one

Picked up The Last of Us, Ni No Kuni, Rayman Legends, a few blurays, and the Samsung Evo SSD. That's probably it for me for this year, trying to keep it light unless I can find a deal on GTA V somewhere...

Anyone know if Amazon will be doing a lightning deal on it? I searched and it seems like I missed the $34 deal already :(

ShyGuy

Alright so I know the $150 3DS XL deal on amazon has passed, but will they be repeating it? My friend has decided that he wants an xl so I'd like to get him one

Wow aren't you nice!!

--

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but does anyone know if there's a POSSIBILITY of Zelda ALBW and/or Super Mario 3D World to show up on Amazon's Black Friday deals?!?

Or even if they'll match Toys R Us BOGO40%

I can almost guarantee that it's because a lot of people had the promo for $20 off Beyond from trading in $20+ of items left over, back when both that offer and $30 off a DualShock 4 for trading in $30+ of items were active.
Yeah. It's also newer, so less have played it. A lot of people probably held off too because of the mixed reviews, but were interested enough checking it out at a discounted price. Word of mouth is pretty good as well. If I recall correctly Heavy Rain moved a lot of units as well once it hit $20. It's just how it is for these type of games.

Derrick01

Banned

It was mentioned a couple of hours ago that they have another $150 deal listed for 9pm eastern but it only shows up on the ios app. It's still not on the main site.

Thinking about grabbing Batman: AO for $30, or waiting and buying Borderlands 2 GOTY edition for $30. Waiting for one of those PS+ cards as well.

jacobs34

This is a bit off topic, but didn't know where else to post. Any chance Amazon will have PS4's in stock tonight/tomorrow?

BigDug13

TLOU was highly rated, therefore lots of people bought it for $60. Beyond was either heavily panned, or heavily praised by reviewers. Since it's so contentious it causes people to not be willing to shell out $60 if there's a 50/50 chance they won't like the game. But on sale....

Top Bottom