• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon DD Sales Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
ietuJHOenuSar.gif

Wow! Even MW3 seems to be a good deal!

Yeah,

I'm trying to doll up the post but my forum posting skills apparently need some grinding to level up...

I'll tinker with it for a bit, sorry for the ridiculous wall of text right now.

Cheers,
Tony

Nothing wrong with a wall of JUICY DEALS!

sazzy

Tony, are these ALL of the major deals/bundles? Just wanted to make sure its safe to buy Dawn of War on steam.

Tony, are these ALL of the major deals/bundles? Just wanted to make sure its safe to buy Dawn of War on steam.

We're matching the Steam sale, our freaking pricing platform is running at Mach -1 right now. It will be resolved by the AM though if you want to hold out and buy from us. We'll have the same prices they do right now though so if you want to buy now and DL overnight before you go to sleep you should do that. It will be an hour or two before I can get the hamsters running fast enough on their wheels to get the pricing to kick in.

Cheers,
Tony

Apdiddy

X-Com Complete Pack for $2.99? I'm there. Spec Ops: The Line at $25 also looks tempting. I wonder if Victoria II, Mafia II, Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Majesty Gold & Majesty II will be sold separately.

Seriously awesome and makes up for the disappointment (?) people are having over Valve not doing a summer sale.

X-Com Complete Pack for $2.99? I'm there. Spec Ops: The Line at $25 also looks tempting. I wonder if Victoria II, Mafia II, Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Majesty Gold & Majesty II will be sold separately.

Seriously awesome and makes up for the disappointment (?) people are having over Valve not doing a summer sale.

Glad you're pumped :). To answer your questions about individual sales on Vicky II, Mafia II, Warlock, and the Majesty games, we won't be doing a la carte options for those this go-around. With the exception of Mafia II, that will be 50% off (as will most of the Rockstar/2K catalog).

Cheers,
Tony

speedline

Banned
Sweet, had a feeling Amazon would come up with something! All I'm really looking for right now is a deal on Alan Wake, steam or Amazon it doesn't matter

sazzy

I wonder what is in that Rockstar pack.

i'm guessing rockstar's games

:p

We're matching the Steam sale, our freaking pricing platform is running at Mach -1 right now. It will be resolved by the AM though if you want to hold out and buy from us. We'll have the same prices they do right now though so if you want to buy now and DL overnight before you go to sleep you should do that. It will be an hour or two before I can get the hamsters running fast enough on their wheels to get the pricing to kick in.

Cheers,
Tony

thanks man!

you're awesome!

sazzy

Cheers,
Tony

Its live! BOUGHT!

Tony, let me tell you somethin'; THIS is what community outreach is like. I'm honestly impressed, I don't see something like this often. Let your boss know that I (and I'm sure plenty of other GAFfers) appreciate your good work. Courteous, professional, and friendly.

Tony, let me tell you somethin'; THIS is what community outreach is like. I'm honestly impressed, I don't see something like this often. Let your boss know that I (and I'm sure plenty of other GAFfers) appreciate your good work. Courteous, professional, and friendly.

Word :) Thanks for the kind sentiment. We're trying pretty hard to have the best customer experience over here...and that starts with talking and listening to the customer.

I know, as a gamer, I always wante(ed) video game companies to just talk to me more about why they're doing what they're doing. Happy to do that where and when I can for our customers/community.

Speaking of community, we'll be throwing a party at PAX Prime this year, so anyone going should make sure to connect with me so I can make sure I get you all the details.

Cheers,
Tony

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey guys,

I was going to wait a bit to post these but here are the upcoming deals for the next little bit. We'll continue to roll out stuff from other publishers (hopefully!) throughout the month of July, so stay tuned.

Crusader Kings II - $9.99 – Steam activate-able – this will run from 7/1-7/14

Plethora of Paradox Games - $19.99 containing (all Steam activateable) runs 7/1-7/7 still building page:
  • Crusader Kings II [Download]
  • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Magicka Collection [Download]
  • Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
  • Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria II [Online Game Code]
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]

10. Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (all are Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7 contains:
  • a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
  • b. Magicka Collection [Download]
  • c. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
  • d. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection [Online Game Code]
  • e. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
  • f. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

11. Pint Sized Paradox bundle $7.49 (all steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7:
  • a. Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • b. Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code]
  • c. Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code]
  • d. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC [Online Game Code]
  • e. Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code]
  • f. Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code]
  • g. Majesty Gold [Online Game Code]
  • h. Warlock: Master of the Arcane [Download]
  • i. Majesty 2 Collection

Cheers,
Tony

Isn't there a pack for Crusader Kings 2 and it's DLC's only? Or maybe bundled with other games, but the Main game and DLC as part of the same package, other than the "all things paradox" one? I find it weird that the Pint Size only has the DLC, but not the actual game.

mannerbot

Isn't there a pack for Crusader Kings 2 and it's DLC's only? Or maybe bundled with other games, but the Main game and DLC as part of the same package, other than the "all things paradox" one? I find it weird that the Pint Size only has the DLC, but not the actual game.

I think this is intentional, and that the Pint Sized bundle is for people that purchased the Plentiful Paradox bundle during the last sale.

There's some history there. We ran the first bundle ($12.49) a few weeks ago. Then, after it was so successful, we decided to do the larger bundle ($19.99). People who purchased the first bundle expressed displeasure because they would have just waited for the $19.99 one as they like it so much.

To help these guys out we made the $7.49 "filler" bundle, so they could get the same content for $19.99.

This is why there isn't a CKII+DLC bundle by itself.

Cheers,
Tony

Catshade

There's some history there. We ran the first bundle ($12.49) a few weeks ago. Then, after it was so successful, we decided to do the larger bundle ($19.99). People who purchased the first bundle expressed displeasure because they would have just waited for the $19.99 one as they like it so much.

To help these guys out we made the $7.49 "filler" bundle, so they could get the same content for $19.99.

This is why there isn't a CKII+DLC bundle by itself.

Cheers,
Tony

We still don't get Steam codes for Sword of the Stars 1 Complete and Victoria 2, though. :(

Catshade

Those aren't Steamworks games.

But the new Plentiful Paradox pack is labeled as 'all are Steam activate-able'...

Plentiful Paradox Package - $12.49 (all are Steam activate-able) runs 7/1-7/7 contains:

a. Crusader Kings II [Download]
b. Magicka Collection [Download]
c. Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC [Online Game Code]
d. Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection [Online Game Code]
e. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter [Download]
f. Victoria II [Online Game Code]

My slight annoyance is that Amazon sold these exact same titles as a pack a few weeks ago, but SotS 1 Complete and Victoria 2 are not 'Steam activate-able'.

Nelo Ice

Banned
But the new Plentiful Paradox pack is labeled as 'all are Steam activate-able'...

My slight annoyance is that Amazon sold these exact same titles as a pack a few weeks ago, but SotS 1 Complete and Victoria 2 are not 'Steam activate-able'.

Tony said they were able to add steam keys since the original pack sold so well. He's trying to remedy that for past buyers but it's not looking likely that he can do anything.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Yep you get separate codes for each game.

i think his question is, what happens if they already own a game and don't want to buy double, cn they replace that game for another game they don't already own.

i feel the evolution of bundles is heading towards how bargain bins work. "choose any 5 games for 10 bucks"

Ledsen

Tony said they were able to add steam keys since the original pack sold so well. He's trying to remedy that for past buyers but it's not looking likely that he can do anything.

Wait... Vicky II is Steam-activated in the pack this time around? I bought it last time :( :( :(

We still don't get Steam codes for Sword of the Stars 1 Complete and Victoria 2, though. :(

Those aren't Steamworks games.

Wait... Vicky II is Steam-activated in the pack this time around? I bought it last time :( :( :(

Hey guys,

To clarify this again, originally when I asked for Steam keys for everything in the bundle the answer I got was, "no we don't want to do that". Then, when it did so well I was able to justify rounding out the pack with all Steam keys.

I very seriously debated not including it in this sale because I didn't want to have this negative sentiment from those who purchased the original bundle.

To be 100% transparent:

1. Thanks for the past and continued support, I'm able to justify getting Steam keys for games as a result of sales velocity, to be frank though, this situation will likely continue to occur as we get more Steam keys for back catalog. We've had so many sales on DRM free or non-steam games that it is inevitable.

2. I will continue to work on a solution for those who purchased the non-steam version, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep. I've had little traction moving forward with anything I consider acceptable. I promise I'm having the conversations regularly though and will provide an update as soon as I have information.

It is really a rock and hard place scenario because so many of our customers want the option to buy Steam or non-steam versions, but if they've already bought the non-steam version and then we get a Steam version we don't have a solution to:

1. Identify who actually wants the Steam version
2. Give it to them

Hope this helps explain, I'm here to continue to answer questions.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI guys, I'm about 10 feet under water today so I can't go back and quote everyone who asked.

I just got sign of from Paradox to re-issue Steam Keys via email for Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete Collection to everyone who purchased the original Plentiful Paradox Package.

We'll likely deliver these via email, since it is a Friday though it probably won't happen until early next week. I'm hoping to have emails out before the holiday though (4th of July).

Cheers,
Tony

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
FYI guys, I'm about 10 feet under water today so I can't go back and quote everyone who asked.

I just got sign of from Paradox to re-issue Steam Keys via email for Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete Collection to everyone who purchased the original Plentiful Paradox Package.

We'll likely deliver these via email, since it is a Friday though it probably won't happen until early next week. I'm hoping to have emails out before the holiday though (4th of July).

Cheers,
Tony

You are one amazing dude.

Ledsen

Hey guys,

To clarify this again, originally when I asked for Steam keys for everything in the bundle the answer I got was, "no we don't want to do that". Then, when it did so well I was able to justify rounding out the pack with all Steam keys.

I very seriously debated not including it in this sale because I didn't want to have this negative sentiment from those who purchased the original bundle.

To be 100% transparent:

1. Thanks for the past and continued support, I'm able to justify getting Steam keys for games as a result of sales velocity, to be frank though, this situation will likely continue to occur as we get more Steam keys for back catalog. We've had so many sales on DRM free or non-steam games that it is inevitable.

2. I will continue to work on a solution for those who purchased the non-steam version, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep. I've had little traction moving forward with anything I consider acceptable. I promise I'm having the conversations regularly though and will provide an update as soon as I have information.

It is really a rock and hard place scenario because so many of our customers want the option to buy Steam or non-steam versions, but if they've already bought the non-steam version and then we get a Steam version we don't have a solution to:

1. Identify who actually wants the Steam version
2. Give it to them

Hope this helps explain, I'm here to continue to answer questions.

Cheers,
Tony

Don't beat yourself up about it, obviously it's not your fault. It's just a bummer for those of us who got the last pack.

edit: holy shit just read your subsequent post... you are DA MAN!!!

Danj

Cheers,
Tony

It's absolutely brilliant to see this level of support. Much kudos to you sir and I look forward to telling your website to shut up and take my money this weekend :)

It's absolutely brilliant to see this level of support. Much kudos to you sir and I look forward to telling your website to shut up and take my money this weekend :)

Word :), glad the hivemind over here is psyched. Usually the Slickdeals crew is all over stuff like this but thus far the thread over there has been lukewarm to it.

Glad I've found another source of input and feedback in addition to CAG and Reddit :).

Cheers,
Tony

Catshade

Cheers,
Tony

Just got my e-mail....OMG Tony you're so amazing! I wish Valve (or any other players in the DD industry) is half as good as you! Can't wait for the next big sale this weekend!

goober

i think his question is, what happens if they already own a game and don't want to buy double, cn they replace that game for another game they don't already own.

i feel the evolution of bundles is heading towards how bargain bins work. "choose any 5 games for 10 bucks"

yes, that's what I was asking, can anyone answer?

HoTHiTTeR

Word :), glad the hivemind over here is psyched. Usually the Slickdeals crew is all over stuff like this but thus far the thread over there has been lukewarm to it.

Glad I've found another source of input and feedback in addition to CAG and Reddit :).

Cheers,
Tony

Kicking myself for missing the sports game event. I never would have thought to look for DD sports games to go on sale until after the season ended. Hopefully they both drop again, will definitely pickup the 2k12s.

I got my email with the Victoria II and Sword of the Stars Complete Steam keys. I'm pretty damn impressed with the level of service from Amazon right now, keep up the good work Tony. I'll definitely be checking Amazon first for deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom